gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 11:30:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson documentary to replay on BBC TV tomorrow  (Read 6704 times)
Liamo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 01:46:01 AM »

The Mark Lamarr doc was part of a BBC series called 'Art that Shook the World'. Just rewatched it recently on video (!) after literally dusting off an old video recorder.
MBE
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 02:10:18 AM »

I would love to see the Pet Sounds one.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 08:52:08 AM »

The thing that makes this a great documentary, and the thing that makes it stand out above most, is the honesty of it. Especially the scene where Blondie is talking about seeing Dennis for the last time and not even recognising him. The scene with Ed Roach at the exact location where it happened is heartbreaking.

Thanks so much, Jay; broke my heart just being back there...  Spent far too much time on that dock with Dennis to be able to handle even being near that section of the marina without choking up.  When we wrapped up my interview at Chez Jay, and was asked if I'd mind going down there, I wasn't too sure about it.  Now I'm awfully glad I did.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 08:58:19 AM »

Yeah, Ed, that's definitely the saddest part of the documentary. I just wanted to give you a massive hug afterwards, to be honest.

Tony P, it wasn't on telly I assume? I can't find it on iPlayer.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
tony p
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »

Yeah, Ed, that's definitely the saddest part of the documentary. I just wanted to give you a massive hug afterwards, to be honest.

Tony P, it wasn't on telly I assume? I can't find it on iPlayer.

nah mate - i managed to get my hands on a D/L copy

they have the whole doco on youtube in 6 different parts if you wanna watch it online though

i agree with Jay - the part with Ed down at the Marina was so sad. I loved the honesty of it though. They did well in telling the desperation of Dennis in those final days.

I gotta heart that just wont stop beating for you, I gotta love that just can’t stop feeling for you
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx