gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:23:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson signed Dan Mackin Paintings  (Read 2756 times)
Clare
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:54:03 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a while but I am glad to be back.  Anyway just something I thought would be of interest - I was on vacation in Naples, Florida first week of February and my husband and I walk in to this art gallery - I forget the name of it - it had great Elvis photos, Beatles and one Beach Boy (It was the one when Mike, Carl, Bruce, Dennis and BW and Al are kind of leaning over a fence circa 1967).  So I ask the dealer if there are any other photos of the BB and he says no but would I like to see these paintings that BW has signed and named by Dan Mackin.  So right there in front of me are 3 separate signed paintings - each one named after a song.  There was Surfer Girl, God Only Knows and Wouldn't it be Nice. 

Of course I was so thrilled to see a BW signature and dedication in the flesh that I had a delusional moment and I asked how much for the Surfer Girl painting.  The dealer says let me call the owner; walks to the back.  He returns with a price of $1250 (marked down from $2500!) because the frame was slightly damaged.  I said I needed to think about it and went to dinner with my husband.  I eventually came to my senses and went back to our hotel and looked up the artist on the internet.  I see that he has paintings that are the exactly the same (sans signature of BW) for $50-$100)!  Of course having a sig of BW would be totally awesome - maybe in another life!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »

Many thanks for posting that.

I think they've been mentioned a couple o' times here before.

Gotta admit, they're not at all to my taste – and the fact that the dealer was going to halve the price of a piece of art on the basis of a damaged frame suggests someone else might share that opinion!

“We live in divisive times.”
Winston Wrong
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:30:32 AM »

I've seem them fpr real - they were in the art gallery at Disney's Boardwalk resort at Walt Disney World, not my cup of tea but I did manage to get a leaflet featuring all the paintings and also a picture of Brian signing them!

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:51:18 AM »

Those paintings are not great at all

now having Brian's sig on that painting hanging on my wall would be awesome  Cool Guy

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx