-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:19:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  DNA Test.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DNA Test.  (Read 18657 times)
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 08:36:44 AM »

Haven't talked to the other mods but these posts are getting a bit annoying. Don't need a day to day update on these shenanigans. Things are starting to get trollish.
I don't give day to day updates. My life is not what I call shenanigans and Im not a troll. All I did was answer a question for a few. Why Is that bad?
It's not, as far as I'm concerned. And the only person that stepped over the line, imo, was ukelelejesus, but that's just me.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 09:05:25 AM »

Well, at least this topic is slowly evolving into a Sandbox topic.... and if it gets worse a trashbin topic

So please calm down everybody. No need to let things get out of hand for this.

... and as Porky Pig would say: "Th-th-that's all folks!"

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 09:21:33 AM »

Well, at least this topic is slowly evolving into a Sandbox topic.... and if it gets worse a trashbin topic

Hey, I know where the sandbox resides, where's the Trashbin? 
That sounds like it might be a cool place to visit.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 09:34:38 AM »

I'm only posting this for those of you who have asked me...would I take the test.

If I ever decide to meet Denny's kids and want a relationship with them, yes I would take the test.

At this time I don't feel meeting them Is what I want. I have the chance, a very nice gentleman can do that for me. When and If I'm ready, I will let him know. I know who I am and would prove it, if needed.

For now, I'm doing just fine. Thanks for listening.

Denni - You seem very open and candid and people can take advantage of those qualities in you.

No one should be so brazen as to ask you your personal business.  

Just because someone asks you a question, does not mean you have to respond to them.  You set the boundaries.  You don't owe anyone any answers.  A real friend would not ask you, I don't think.

Everywhere you go, there will be nosebags, and it doesn't appear malicious, but a little too inquisitive.

This is not the National Enquirer.  

Whomever is the "nice gentleman" has been very nice.

"Discretion is the better part of valor."   Wink  

I have a question (which you can answer, or not.) Have you heard the first concert album from 1964?  And, what do you think? Dennis is in a striped shirt on a platform.      

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:40:19 AM by filledeplage » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »

Amen....love and f*cking mercy, guys.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 12:02:19 PM »

Seriously Dennyschild, post stuff like this in the sandbox. If you're going to make a thread here try and make sure its actually about the beach boys. You're going a little overboard.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 12:10:22 PM »

Hey, I know where the sandbox resides, where's the Trashbin? 
That sounds like it might be a cool place to visit.

a cool place indeed, albeit a bit smelly... but that could be said about Brian's sandbox as well...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
dennyschild
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »

deleted
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:44:57 PM by dennyschild » Logged
dennyschild
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »

Seriously Dennyschild, post stuff like this in the sandbox. If you're going to make a thread here try and make sure its actually about the beach boys. You're going a little overboard.

deleted
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:45:24 PM by dennyschild » Logged
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »

You're just going around in circles telling us all about how open and honest you are but you aren't saying anything about anything. Okay, you're honest and open, so what? What are you being honest and open about? Pretty much nothing. You just keep making these threads that devolve instantly into problems, so how about you just stop making threads like this? We're all here because we want to talk about the beach boys, not because we want to talk about you. Regardless of your supposed relationship to Dennis, which I think we all have our doubts about, you aren't a beach boy.

Sorry to be so terse, but it seems more and more that you're here to troll for attention from us. If you want to talk about Dennis, the songs he wrote, the albums he made, his life, we're all down for that, but I'd again ask you to stop making threads about yourself, your relationship to Dennis, your relationship to the fan community, or any drama surrounding these things. It really doesn't serve any purpose other than to create conflict and I think we're all kind of skeptical of your intentions here. You made this thread to tell us all about your feelings towards a dna test, so what? What discussion did you really hope to encourage? The sandbox would be a fine place for things like this. You're just laying it on too thick.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:12:51 PM by Fishmonk » Logged

dennyschild
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »

You're just going around in circles telling us all about how open and honest you are but you aren't saying anything about anything. Okay, you're honest and open, so what? What are you being honest and open about? Pretty much nothing. You just keep making these threads that devolve instantly into problems, so how about you just stop making threads like this? We're all here because we want to talk about the beach boys, not because we want to talk about you. Regardless of your supposed relationship to Dennis, which I think we all have our doubts about, you aren't a beach boy.

Sorry to be so terse, but it seems more and more that you're here to troll for attention from us. If you want to talk about Dennis, the songs he wrote, the albums he made, his life, we're all down for that, but I'd again ask you to stop making threads about yourself, your relationship to Dennis, your relationship to the fan community, or any drama surrounding these things. It really doesn't serve any purpose other than to create conflict and I think we're all kind of skeptical of your intentions here.

deleted
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:46:16 PM by dennyschild » Logged
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 02:01:56 PM »

Oh christ on a cracker  Roll Eyes

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 02:08:20 PM »

LOL

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »

all this is slowly and dangerously starting to look pretty much like the Laurie Arleen episode of a few years back.

Not that bad yet but I agree the potential's there. I'm sure the mods are watching!

OK, I have to ask: what was the Laurie Arleen episode?
SG7
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »

I feel like I am reading the Elvis book Are You Lonesome Tonight played out but for a different musican  Roll Eyes
dennyschild
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 04:32:09 PM »

Oh christ on a cracker  Roll Eyes
[/quout

Deleted.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:32:43 PM by dennyschild » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »

Alright...everyone needs to chill.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »

all this is slowly and dangerously starting to look pretty much like the Laurie Arleen episode of a few years back.

Not that bad yet but I agree the potential's there. I'm sure the mods are watching!

I dug up an old thread about this because I was curious too, seems pretty ridiculous. Seems like a female member was getting into pm conversations with other members of the board and then telling people those members were sexually harassing her. Some members leaped to defend Laurie Arleen or whatever her name is, threatened to leave the board, started tons of drama. comiclist claimed that his pms with this woman weren't sexual or harassing at all, but were just a couple of friendly notes, laurie arleen claimed on the other hand that comic list had seen naked photos of her and all this seemingly bogus bs. I don't know which side was telling the truth, just that it seemed like a crock of crap all around.

I think the point Dennyschild, is that we shouldn't let our egos get the best of us. I have no problem with you whatsoever and I'm going to take the high road and ignore your petty insults. I've never meant to offend you, my suggestion has been for you to tone things down and focus on posting about music rather than focusing on yourself. You instead decided to take the suggestion as a personal insult, something it wasn't meant as. Really the worst of this forum comes out when people let their egos get out of control. The threads you've been making DC have turned in three ring circuses with members hitting on you and other members getting angry. It's just not the type of thread we need anymore of so I don't think it's asking much for you to exercise a little more restraint when posting.

None of us come here for you, none of us come here for me, none of us come here for AGD even, we all come here for the BB. We all here have one important thing in common that allows us to enjoy this little community. When we forget this we injure this great site. You're right, nobody has to read your posts if they don't like them, but when you let your ego get too big, when threads start becoming more and more about individual members rather than about the music we all come here to discuss, then we all suffer.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 05:23:01 PM by Fishmonk » Logged

dennyschild
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 05:40:51 PM »

I dug up an old thread about this because I was curious too, seems pretty ridiculous. Seems like a female member was getting into pm conversations with other members of the board and then telling people those members were sexually harassing her. Some members leaped to defend Laurie Arleen or whatever her name is, threatened to leave the board, started tons of drama. comiclist claimed that his pms with this woman weren't sexual or harassing at all, but were just a couple of friendly notes, laurie arleen claimed on the other hand that comic list had seen naked photos of her and all this seemingly bogus bs. I don't know which side was telling the truth, just that it seemed like a crock of crap all around.

I think the point Dennyschild, is that we shouldn't let our egos get the best of us. I have no problem with you whatsoever and I'm going to take the high road and ignore your petty insults. I've never meant to offend you, my suggestion has been for you to tone things down and focus on posting about music rather than focusing on yourself. You instead decided to take the suggestion as a personal insult, something it wasn't meant as. Really the worst of this forum comes out when people let their egos get out of control. The threads you've been making DC have turned in three ring circuses with members hitting on you and other members getting angry. It's just not the type of thread we need anymore of so I don't think it's asking much for you to exercise a little more restraint when posting.

None of us come here for you, none of us come here for me, none of us come here for AGD even, we all come here for the BB. We all here have one important thing in common that allows us to enjoy this little community. When we forget this we injure this great site. You're right, nobody has to read your posts if they don't like them, but when you let your ego get too big, when threads start becoming more and more about individual members rather than about the music we all come here to discuss, then we all suffer.

deleted
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:47:21 PM by dennyschild » Logged
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2011, 01:08:26 AM »

This hasn't been easy for me either, finding out the father i had all my life was not my real dad. A famous man name Dennis Wilson was my dad. Put your self in my shoes.
I'm putting myself in your father's shoes. Assuming Dennis is your biological dad, it doesn't make him your "real dad". The man who loved you and brought you up is your "real dad". Think about how uneasy it would be for him to see that you don't think he is.

Also...

I don't give day to day updates.
I'm pretty sure you do.

Quite frankly I don't care who you are, my guess is there are probably (many) more people out there who carry Dennis' genes, without even knowing. Anyway, what I'm saying is you're not special enough to fill this board with multiple threads that, in the end, are related to your personal life, and not to Dennis or the Beach Boys. I'd love Brian to make a thread about his life, hell, I'd even tolerate such a thread from Al, but not from someone whose genes are supposedly their only link with the Beach Boys.

The above paragraph might sound very harsh but it's not meant to be harsh, and now that this thread is in the sandbox I just hope the main board won't get flooded again, except if you want to talk about the Beach Boys' (including Dennis') story and music, in which case all of us will be happy to provide you with answers. I wish you the best for your life.  Smiley

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2011, 11:41:36 AM »

I thought I had a place to go and talk about this situation with my life.

Therein lies the problem. This isn't really a support group of any kind, this is a Beach Boys message board. You came on here to learn more about Dennis Wilson, great! We have tons, and I mean TONS of information of that man, in fact I am pretty sure we've had discussions on what socks he wore. Just use the search button, or read through the tons of pages of raw information that has been posted on here. Need a more cohesive source? Try wikipedia, or go through our 'Album, Book, and Video Reviews and Discussions' archive and see what stands out. Now, if you need to talk about your situation, I'd recommend a counselor or perhaps find a website that has advice regarding whats going on in your life. You say you don't want to connect with the Wilson family, or any sort of compensation but you keep bringing up that you may be his child. Why? Why not just come on here and say you're interested in learning more about DW and go with that? Why say you don't want attention but you keep saying 'he may be my father', in fact it seems that you're certain he is.

Anyway, if you wanna spark a debate on the Beach Boys, please post in the General Forum. If you feel like you need to keep us updated on your life and how you may be related to Dennis Wilson, I'd suggest you keep it in the Sandbox.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2011, 02:45:30 PM »

Just to be clear:  I too come here for the BBs; but given a choice, the first thread I'll choose to read, 99 out of 100 times, is the one where the latest post is from AGD. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2011, 03:35:33 PM »

Just to be clear:  I too come here for the BBs; but given a choice, the first thread I'll choose to read, 99 out of 100 times, is the one where the latest post is from AGD. 

Butt kisser  Evil
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2011, 04:02:23 PM »

Yeah, Bgas, you butt kisser!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Jason
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »

Period.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: