-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:39:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  BW Board
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BW Board  (Read 38869 times)
dennyschild
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2011, 06:21:47 AM »

Maybe you should stop fuelling the fire... You keep saying that you're going to delete threads and profiles and pictures and stuff, so just do it if you really want to stop any attention.

If you just want to learn about the BBs and Dennis, then post under a pseudonym, rather than 'Dennyschild'.

deleted
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:09:09 PM by dennyschild » Logged
dennyschild
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2011, 06:27:45 AM »

I'm deeply sorry for starting trouble. Please believe me, when I say I never wanted this to happen. I should have known by telling my story, it would cause this type of  reaction. It's better for me not to talk about Denny being my bio dad, I won't bring It up again. Delete my thread so no more trouble will come. Thank you. Bless you all.

Don't take it too seriously. It's not your fault that certain people are so sick that concentrate their sense of life on other people they don't have nothing to do with. This is fandom getting into serious sickness. You have a link to the story, as somebody already mentioned, and it is part of who you are. But none of us has any right to go into personal things. I haven't read the blueboard (Brian Wilson's message board) but you have to understand that people there are terribly blinded and drawn to the Beach Boys, acting as if it was their life. It's almost like a religion to them. I stopped posting there a long time ago and don't miss it in any way.
Stay around. If you want to learn about Dennis and the Beach Boys, this is the place where you can get lots of informations. Become just another member of this board and if there's something very personal that you'd like to know you can always contact someone of the mods via pm and ask if it would be a good idea to post it.

deleted
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:09:47 PM by dennyschild » Logged
dennyschild
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2011, 06:30:01 AM »

somebody is posting about me over there. Why?? If I wanted my name over there, I would have done it myself. I like it here and have no intention on posting at BW board. There is no info for me there. I looked you  up and you are a member here, just hasn't posted for a long time. Please leave the Wilson family alone!! No more posting about me. Why don't you post here?? Ask me anything you want, in front of all the members here, I will be glad to reply. I won't name you and lower myself that way. Can you please delete you're post over there. I'm no different from you or other members. I'm a Denny and Beach Boy fan.

Hmm, I don't really see a problem. 
You're news. And you posted a real picture of yourself here. People are going to talk and share the news and drop in and look and talk about it elsewhere.
 That's the real world. 
and as to "rude"; your pic shows a pretty young woman. If I was your age( I'm not), lived somewhere close in CA( I don't) I might try and take you out. What's the big deal there? 
All in all, if you keep your wits about you, everything will be just fine. But don't come here crying when people say something about you somewhere, or talk about having seen your picture, or even , repeat/quote the things you've said here. This isn't a secret society where everything is kept "in house". Pretty much anyone can surf in and see what's going on, and head back where they came to talk about it. 

The first rule of SmileySmile.net is you don't talk about SmileySmile.net

Well put. Smiley
dennyschild
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2011, 06:37:17 AM »

Denni, what did you expect? You come onto a public forum and announce that you're the illegitimate child of Dennis Wilson and then expect no one to comment on it, I find that very naive.

Just to make the point, what has the traffic been like on this board this week as a result of this news. Has it increased ten fold, a hundred fold or more?

deleted
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:10:57 PM by dennyschild » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2011, 07:19:00 AM »

Denni, what did you expect? You come onto a public forum and announce that you're the illegitimate child of Dennis Wilson and then expect no one to comment on it, I find that very naive.

Just to make the point, what has the traffic been like on this board this week as a result of this news. Has it increased ten fold, a hundred fold or more?

Other societies have less acerbic terminology for the description of a child born "outside of a marriage" The French use the term "fille naturelle» for a girl.  It does not make her any less a person, who merits respect. 

This board which can be awesome for discussion but the debate can be acerbic and without need.  It disrespects the reason that we have the interest in the discussion, the music, not gossip.   

This lovely girl, should be accorded some gentleness, understanding and kindness as "she finds her way."  But she should not have to "go away" and be subject to "schoolyard bullies."   

I suspect that a large percentage of this board are well educated and versed with "technical tools and information" that blow me away.   Education and information should be a "tool" and not a "weapon."

But, we are living in an age where everything is "twitted or facebook logged," etc., and since this is sort of a "small world" in terms of music interest in the Boys, "word travels" fast in this electronic forum.   And this board tends not to be censored, as is the "American Way," so words need to be "chosen carefully" as they can be forwarded and republished in another forum, which is not always nice, especially if entire posts are "lifted without proper attribution."   

It is wonderful to see a young person delve into this music, but "baby steps" might be the pace at which it  might be approached.  Wink

And, to Denni, please rent Dr. Zhivago...the story of an artist (poet) whose legendary personage was as creative and intense as Dennis.  It reminds me so much of this scenario as it has been presented.  It is old (but timeless) and still very cool.   

***And I suspect the number of "hits" to the site might reasonably also reflect the Reagan event, which AGD and others helped provide us better quality video. 
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2011, 07:39:14 AM »

I think by now we've all seen and experienced the joys and pains of the internet again in this very topic. Before things start getting too awkward here on this subject may I advise to take a bit of distance on the personal level, even if it's meant to be good advise? Dennychild has found herself in a unique position, with lot's of things to discover. The messages might have been a bit contradictionary (taking some distance of the board, yet returning; removing the topic, or not), but let's conclude that this subject is a bit awkward for more members than just Danni, and that some remarks were either misread or could be interpreted in different ways. I wouldn't want to see this topic go towards negativity.

Yeah I know, it's the internet, and on top of that, it's the SmileySmile-board, but I thought I'd give it a try to keep some good vibrations here....   Grin

EDIT:
I think filledeplage just beat me to it... and with much better words for that matter (to think it took me almost half an hour to write down what filledeplage probably only took 5 minutes... I should practice my English more often... )
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:43:14 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2011, 07:45:37 AM »

Did you just get here. I have been posting about this for awhile, I welcomed all replys and enjoyed talking with members. Expect no one to comment? that don't make a lick of sence, ofcourse i wanted members to comment and they did. Who's being naive?? what a joke. I won't change my user name, I'm no phony.  I won't pretend to be a new member and start over. I came here for a reason, to be honest, nothing more.

I have no intention of offending you, but this week you've come to my attention and at the very least for now you are newsworthy and notable. I wish you nothing but the best.

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2011, 07:47:18 AM »

(to think it took me almost half an hour to write down what filledeplage probably only took 5 minutes... I should practice my English more often... )

Yeah, like our Dutch is as good as your English.  Grin  Want to know my second language ? American English, with Greek a very distant third.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2011, 07:49:38 AM »

Other societies have less acerbic terminology for the description of a child born "outside of a marriage" The French use the term "fille naturelle» for a girl.  It does not make her any less a person, who merits respect. 

This board which can be awesome for discussion but the debate can be acerbic and without need.  It disrespects the reason that we have the interest in the discussion, the music, not gossip.   

This lovely girl, should be accorded some gentleness, understanding and kindness as "she finds her way."  But she should not have to "go away" and be subject to "schoolyard bullies."   

I suspect that a large percentage of this board are well educated and versed with "technical tools and information" that blow me away.   Education and information should be a "tool" and not a "weapon."

But, we are living in an age where everything is "twitted or facebook logged," etc., and since this is sort of a "small world" in terms of music interest in the Boys, "word travels" fast in this electronic forum.   And this board tends not to be censored, as is the "American Way," so words need to be "chosen carefully" as they can be forwarded and republished in another forum, which is not always nice, especially if entire posts are "lifted without proper attribution."   

It is wonderful to see a young person delve into this music, but "baby steps" might be the pace at which it  might be approached.  Wink

And, to Denni, please rent Dr. Zhivago...the story of an artist (poet) whose legendary personage was as creative and intense as Dennis.  It reminds me so much of this scenario as it has been presented.  It is old (but timeless) and still very cool.   

***And I suspect the number of "hits" to the site might reasonably also reflect the Reagan event, which AGD and others helped provide us better quality video. 

As a bit of b'stard myself, I have no problem with the word illegitimate.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2011, 08:17:58 AM »

You may not have a problem with that term, for whatever reason, but I do; as it is a pejorative/negative connotation.

One of my education professors told us, as "much horrified" education students, that she spent hours erasing and "whiting out" children's school records where "illegitimate" was written across the child's permanent records, as it was allowed, "as I understand" decades back. 

And, I have a problem with it.  It is discriminatory as against children who had no control over their destiny, as infants.  And, now the world is different. Single parents are more the norm, rather than the exception.  The law (according to Black's Law Dictionary - 6th edition) regarded it (illegitimacy) is a "social status." It is antiquated.   

Thanks to Smile-Holland for your very kind words.  I do like to write, but, am a complete failure at math!  LOL

You do write well in English.  Very well, indeed!  Wink     
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2011, 08:26:16 AM »

You may not have a problem with that term, for whatever reason, but I do; as it is a pejorative/negative connotation.

One of my education professors told us, as "much horrified" education students, that she spent hours erasing and "whiting out" children's school records where "illegitimate" was written across the child's permanent records, as it was allowed, "as I understand" decades back. 

And, I have a problem with it.  It is discriminatory as against children who had no control over their destiny, as infants.  And, now the world is different. Single parents are more the norm, rather than the exception.  The law (according to Black's Law Dictionary - 6th edition) regarded it (illegitimacy) is a "social status." It is antiquated.   

Thanks to Smile-Holland for your very kind words.  I do like to write, but, am a complete failure at math!  LOL

Please indulge me.  In America at this time, illegitimate children are known as 'fille naturelle'? This is what is written in place of illegitimate on their school records?

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2011, 09:04:46 AM »

Please indulge me.  In America at this time, illegitimate children are known as 'fille naturelle'? This is what is written in place of illegitimate on their school records?

In America, children are accorded "equal protection status" for certain purposes under a US Constitutional standard, known as mid-level scrutiny, as a way the Court looks upon matters, which also covers gender discrimination, which is evolving as we speak, with same gender marriage.  [It can be a slippery slope for discussion, that is not appropriate for this forum.] 

They can be called "natural daughter/son" which is the equivalent of the French.  Or, they can be called "biological" children or "issue" or "progeny" or any other number of legal terms, for purposes of legal rights.  It is a semantic.  For your own curiosity, you can go online and find the genealogical dynasties of France or other countries, where the heirs are listed and some nobility members, for example,  including famous novelist George Sand (Aurore Dupin, Baroness Dudevant) as her father was the "illegitimate" son of Augustus II, King of Poland, and they might be found listed as "petite fille naturelle" (grand-daugher) for purposes of being in line for a throne/ in a monarchy, as well as for the "family tree."  That is your homework, should you choose to investigate further.   

But, "illegitimate" also means "unlawful" and that is the problem. "Illegitimate," from Black's Legal Dictionary - 6th edition, "The condition which is contrary to law; term is applied to children born out of lawful wedlock.  Without becoming more legally technical or adversarial, the term is considered negative because it it construes that you "broke the law." It is offensive.  It is offensive to someone who is "innocent," (The absence of guilt) also from Black's (6th edition) as is an infant who has no control of his or her parental lineage.

First, it is not breaking the law to have a child without being married any longer in the US.  We, in the US, are not living in the shocking days of the "Scarlet Letter."  Second, this is a "global forum" where many members follow the laws of the country in which they live.       

And, I did not say that in America, that it was the terminology.  I said that in France, there were "kinder" terms.  This is a global forum.  It is not just about "us" (US fans.) Even in the US, we say "biological" child. 
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2011, 09:16:44 AM »

Yeah, like our Dutch is as good as your English.  Grin  Want to know my second language ? American English, with Greek a very distant third.

I can manage pretty well with English, German, African, and a bit of French (and due to a few holidays a tiny tiny bit of Polish)
I did have to glance through my Dutch>English dictionary a few times for that last epistle ...

American English.... is that a language or do the British consider it a dialect? (or am I really taking chances now?  Grin )

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jason
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2011, 09:28:52 AM »

There is one English language and a whole host of dialects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dialects_of_the_English_language
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »

American English.... is that a language or do the British consider it a dialect? (or am I really taking chances now?  Grin )

Well... you used to be able to get a Linguaphone course in American English... plus, if you look at the language setting of yourWP program (assuming it's Word) there are options for...

English (UK)
English (US)
English (Australia)... and about five others.  Grin

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »

i love it when no one responds to my posts, must mean i didn't offend anyone.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »

Don't stop posting here, Denni, but keep in mind the internet does tend to bring out the jackass in people.

Yeah, don't stop posting, we'd hate to lose another female.  

we don't have that many to spare.   LOL
BTW, how many are on the board?

Yes, precious few ladies wade the turbulent waters of this (and most of the other boards!)   LOL LOL LOL
You cannot spare a one!
You are correct!  Wink

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2011, 10:53:32 AM »

American English.... is that a language or do the British consider it a dialect? (or am I really taking chances now?  Grin )

Well... you used to be able to get a Linguaphone course in American English... plus, if you look at the language setting of yourWP program (assuming it's Word) there are options for...

English (UK)
English (US)
English (Australia)... and about five others.  Grin

Two other offshoots of the English language linked to the world of the Beach Boys is the "CharlesMansonism" and the "VanDykeParksism" form of dialect. It would take an interpreter the caliber of C-3PO to fully dissect and comprehend  a full sentence structure from above mentioned users.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:56:08 AM by mike's beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2011, 11:09:45 AM »

American English.... is that a language or do the British consider it a dialect? (or am I really taking chances now?  Grin )

English (UK)
English (US)
English (Australia)... and about five others.  Grin

Two other offshoots of the English language linked to the world of the Beach Boys is the "CharlesMansonism" and the "VanDykeParksism" form of dialect. It would take an interpreter the caliber of C-3PO to fully dissect and comprehend  a full sentence structure from above mentioned users.  Cheesy

Spent a very pleasant evening chez Parks many years ago - he really does talk like that all the time, but after a while, you don't notice.

adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2011, 11:33:22 AM »

One thing that's always bugged me when I'm hanging out on these boards is that we tend to forget that there are real, sensitive and sometimes fragile people at the center of all this discussion.  There's a tendency for a lot of us to believe that just because someone is a public figure, or even if they draw attention to themselves (purposefully or not), they're somehow less human and/or fair game.  

This has always struck me as really unfair.  Anybody that's ever taken on any kind of public attention gets exposed to a range of human behavior -- ranging from sycophantic to vicious -- that most of us experience only rarely.  It's easy enough to say someone is naive or should just grow a thick skin when you haven't been in that position yourself.  I have tasted just enough of it to know it is a yucky feeling.

I'm not saying people shouldn't criticize or say what they're thinking -- God knows I do it myself -- but let's keep in mind these are not pieces of meat or words on a printed page.  These are people with their own motivations and feelings, which are as complex and as resistant to simple explanation as yours or mine.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:34:32 AM by adamghost » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2011, 11:59:14 AM »

Adam,

I think most people who post snippy and or vicious comments do so because they can hide behind the internet. If dealing with folks face to face, they would be much more tactful in what they say, or at least in how they say it. For those who act like that when posting, there is little or no consequences involved. It is almost a bully tactic.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2011, 12:02:42 PM »

Don't forget to include in the world of Smile the "Williams-Anderle Dialect", a late 60's dialect which is kept alive by an intrepid few Smile fans. Choose who plays Williams and who plays Anderle, and the dialect might look something like this:

W: Let's talk about Brian.
A: Yeah, he was, um, very into it
W: But really seemed into the music
A: Right
W: The Disney trip and all of that.
A: Yeah, he was getting into a Fantasia thing then, getting us, uh, to play along
W: Mmm Hmm. True creativity.
A: Right.
W: Yeah. How did he get into this?
A: The creativity?
W: Right.
A: It was his play on the, um, Mickey Mouse trip.
W: Brian discovered the word animation.
A: Yeah.
W: Right.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2011, 12:10:29 PM »

Adam,

I think most people who post snippy and or vicious comments do so because they can hide behind the internet. If dealing with folks face to face, they would be much more tactful in what they say, or at least in how they say it. For those who act like that when posting, there is little or no consequences involved. It is almost a bully tactic.

I think you're right...but I also think most of us would be amazed at the downright boorish behavior public figures have to contend with, not just in the virtual world, but in the real world.  There's a separate issue where people think that because someone is a public figure, all courtesies go out the window..."they asked for it."  That's true up to a point, but few people realize, or care about, the extent of the crap celebrities have to deal with on a daily basis.
dennyschild
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2011, 12:16:34 PM »

Adam,

deleted
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:12:21 PM by dennyschild » Logged
ukulelejesus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2011, 12:37:57 PM »

You're Dennis's kid?

That's so fucking cool!

Yer purdy.

Over and over the crow cries uncover the lifehouse lifehouse lifehouse
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print