gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680743 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 07:35:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello, everyone!  (Read 3840 times)
Magic City Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »

Brand new member to the board, although I've been lurking around the last couple of weeks.  I'm a big time BB and BW fan and when I see names like Desper, Stebbins, Roach, Doe, Beard and Marks I know I must have found the best forum on the Net.

I was born during the Jack Reiley era around the time of the "Surf's Up" sessions. I first started discovering the BBs a teenager during the time of Sunkist commercials and "Getcha Back".  "Kokomo" hit when I was entering my senior year of high school.

I started getting serious about my fandom when I read White's book around the same time Carl was on his final tour.  And after I saw Brian on the "Pet Sounds" and "SMiLE" tours, I kinda gained that post-PS snobbery that most of us have over the masses that are only familiar with the hits Mike Love's band repeats every night.

I look forward to joining in the discussions. I'll probably post a lot to the Albums board over the next few weeks so look for me there.

Call me Magic City Surfer.

Sail through the sorrows of life's marauders.
Jason
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 05:47:03 PM »

As opposed to Ishmael?
dennyschild
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 06:00:36 PM »

Brand new member to the board, although I've been lurking around the last couple of weeks.  I'm a big time BB and BW fan and when I see names like Desper, Stebbins, Roach, Doe, Beard and Marks I know I must have found the best forum on the Net.

I was born during the Jack Reiley era around the time of the "Surf's Up" sessions. I first started discovering the BBs a teenager during the time of Sunkist commercials and "Getcha Back".  "Kokomo" hit when I was entering my senior year of high school.

I started getting serious about my fandom when I read White's book around the same time Carl was on his final tour.  And after I saw Brian on the "Pet Sounds" and "SMiLE" tours, I kinda gained that post-PS snobbery that most of us have over the masses that are only familiar with the hits Mike Love's band repeats every night.

I look forward to joining in the discussions. I'll probably post a lot to the Albums board over the next few weeks so look for me there.

Call me Magic City Surfer.

WELCOME!!!!! You will like the members here, they're the best.
SG7
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:21:26 PM »

Is that you with the blog? I think I just checked it out not too long ago. Not bad!
Magic City Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »

Is that you with the blog? I think I just checked it out not too long ago. Not bad!

Yeah, that's me. I link to it from my profile here. I just found myself wanting to talk Beach Boys everyday and the couple of people I know that like them were sick of hearing me run my mouth, so I started the blog.

Of course, if I had come here first, I might not have started the blog. [shrug] But it's sure exciting to discover such an active community of fellow fans.

Thanks for checking out my site!  Although, I must give credit to AGD for some helpful corrections.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:23:51 AM by Magic City Surfer » Logged

Sail through the sorrows of life's marauders.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx