gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681356 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 04, 2024, 06:52:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New: \  (Read 2902 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2011, 04:08:24 PM »

New recording done entirely this afternoon of a song I wrote almost exactly 10 years ago. (Like, within a week of 10 years.) Lyrics are mine, plus snippets from an ex-girlfriend's poem and a Delmore Schwartz poem. Hope you enjoy it. Doesn't really sound like my usual stuff. But maybe it kind of does. Whatever. Drums, shaker, bass, piano, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, voices. EDIT: Link removed. New mix in link below.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:41:52 AM by Luther » Logged

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:10:28 AM »

I am going to do a slight remix today. Not going to get carried away (nobody likes a Jardinish tinkerer--plus, let's be honest, it doesn't matter and nobody cares), but a few things stand out as fixable.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 09:43:47 AM »

OK, new mix. Main rhythm guitar louder and put into stereo; second rhythm guitar (the sound of surf sounding one on the right) brought down and eq'd some; some reverb on the toms in the "not ok" part, and removed them altogether from the part immediately thereafter. Nothing too dramatic, but a little better to my ears. http://www.sendspace.com/file/rmv6yb

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:06:36 AM »

Hey Luther,

Do you have a website, facebook, myspace where you can get more of a following? I really like this A LOT...and I'd love to hear your best work in one unified area.

That intro is killer....and I love the whole song. Great job man!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 10:18:41 AM »

Thanks, rab2591, I appreciate that. But no, I don't do anything with my songs other than share them with my friends and post them here. I was never particularly ambitious to begin with, and once I got into my 30s I lost what little I had. I think I killed my myspace about two or three years ago, and never did start a Facebook page. Haven't played in a band since maybe 2007. It's really just writing and recording for the fun of it. But if you want a collection of stuff, I'd be glad to compile what's "finished" (is it ever, really? but I mean the stuff I'm less likely to return to) and upload it for you.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 11:02:04 AM »

Thanks, rab2591, I appreciate that. But no, I don't do anything with my songs other than share them with my friends and post them here. I was never particularly ambitious to begin with, and once I got into my 30s I lost what little I had. I think I killed my myspace about two or three years ago, and never did start a Facebook page. Haven't played in a band since maybe 2007. It's really just writing and recording for the fun of it. But if you want a collection of stuff, I'd be glad to compile what's "finished" (is it ever, really? but I mean the stuff I'm less likely to return to) and upload it for you.

If it's no trouble I'd love a compilation of your finished material. You write some great stuff!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx