gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680836 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 08:43:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis and shaun  (Read 2281 times)
dennyschild
« on: February 02, 2011, 07:53:17 PM »

I don't want you getting tired of me asking questions. You all seem to know just about everything. Why did Dennis get with shaun? He knew she was mike love's daughter. Did he love her, or was it to get back at mike? What's the story there.
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:02:03 PM »

I don't want you getting tired of me asking questions. You all seem to know just about everything. Why did Dennis get with shaun? He knew she was mike love's daughter. Did he love her, or was it to get back at mike? What's the story there.

You should check out Gaines bio if you haven't already, if I recall it had a lot of answers to these kinds of questions...almost to the point of being distasteful at times...although its been a very long time since I've actually read it myself...
dennyschild
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 11:37:13 PM »

You should check out Gaines bio if you haven't already, if I recall it had a lot of answers to these kinds of questions...almost to the point of being distasteful at times...although its been a very long time since I've actually read it myself...

Thanks. I will check it out. Wanting to know, what was he thinking and being with a girl so young, i guess im trying to figure him out. Lot's to learn.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 12:14:56 AM »

Thanks. I will check it out. Wanting to know, what was he thinking and being with a girl so young, i guess im trying to figure him out. Lot's to learn.

Reader's Digest version (and I've just surfaced, so apologies for, oh, everything actually), but when DW first met Shawn it was via his daughter (I think) and he didn't know who she was - she was just another cute teen. Apparently it took a while for her to tell Dennis her surname/father: I'll leave you to imagine the his reaction.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
jeremylr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 12:16:13 AM »

The book is called "Heroes and Villains:  The True Story of The Beach Boys."  It originally came out in 1986.  I found it last year in a used bookstore, but I just checked Amazon, and they have it in stock.  I haven't read many books on the band, but this book has a lot of interviews with the band & folks who where there & research in it.  It does tend to focus on the sordid details at times.

One thing I really like about it is the 1st chapter.  It focuses on the final days of your dad with lots of stuff I didn't know.  You'll go through it very quickly.  At the end of the book, Gaines picks up the story again.  Glad you're posting again.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 12:23:18 AM »

You also might wanna check out these books:
- "Dennis Wilson: The Real Beach Boy" by Jon Stebbins
- "Dumb Angel: The Life and Music of Dennis Wilson" by Adam Webb

I think both books give a good view on the beautiful but complex person that Dennis was.

By the way: the first one is hard to get for a decent prize these days. Still patiently waiting for that reissue, Jon!!  Smiley

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
dennyschild
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 12:29:26 AM »

Reader's Digest version (and I've just surfaced, so apologies for, oh, everything actually), but when DW first met Shawn it was via his daughter (I think) and he didn't know who she was - she was just another cute teen. Apparently it took a while for her to tell Dennis her surname/father: I'll leave you to imagine the his reaction.  Grin

My mom was young when they meet, not a teen thats for sure. She was 23. I'm thinking he liked very young girls. Maybe it was the drugs and or drinking. The only thing we have in common, that i know of at this time is we both have short tempers. I was always fighting in school, didn't like being told what to do. I grew up and now im calmer, and learned how to control my temper.
dennyschild
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 12:33:02 AM »

You also might wanna check out these books:
- "Dennis Wilson: The Real Beach Boy" by Jon Stebbins
- "Dumb Angel: The Life and Music of Dennis Wilson" by Adam Webb

I think both books give a good view on the beautiful but complex person that Dennis was.

By the way: the first one is hard to get for a decent prize these days. Still patiently waiting for that reissue, Jon!!  Smiley

I found them on amazon, i couldn't believe the cost. I'm sure it will be well worth it, as long as it's the truth.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 01:17:21 AM »

I found them on amazon, i couldn't believe the cost. I'm sure it will be well worth it, as long as it's the truth.
[/quote]

There's a pretty cheap copy of the Dumb Angel book offered on Ebay right now. You'll also find a copy of The Real Beach Boy there, but - again - is not so cheap.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
dennyschild
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 01:47:35 AM »

There's a pretty cheap copy of the Dumb Angel book offered on Ebay right now. You'll also find a copy of The Real Beach Boy there, but - again - is not so cheap.
[/quote]

Thanks, i found it. What to do...hummmmm. Should i give up, nothing can come of it. My brain say's STOP!!! My heart wants to know everything.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 01:51:46 PM »

This.  Any word on when that's coming Jon?
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 01:58:06 PM »

Still finishing off The Beach Boys FAQ book for Backbeat Books, which will be available later this year.

http://halleonardbooks.com/search/search.do?subsiteid=168&keywords=FAQ&menuid=10283

The Dennis book will be completed as time permits. Thanks for your interest
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx