gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680780 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 06:05:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian in studio this week  (Read 13623 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2011, 07:34:22 PM »

put it out next week. 

So does he just mean he's done recording, or is it all mastered and such

Well a week or two ago he said all the lead vocals were done....I think. And since he is most likely the producer on this album it's probably fair to say that he meant that the mastering is complete and the CD is done. I mean, he is showing the album to his children so it must be in some completed form...unless he is bringing home acetates  Cheesy

That's my guess anyways.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2011, 07:45:21 PM »

put it out next week. 

Well a week or two ago he said all the lead vocals were done....I think. And since he is most likely the producer on this album it's probably fair to say that he meant that the mastering is complete and the CD is done. I mean, he is showing the album to his children so it must be in some completed form...unless he is bringing home acetates  Cheesy

That's my guess anyways.

Yeah I can't imagine he'd be playing rough mixes for them - if the leads were done a few weeks ago, and the backing vocals were already done before that, I would think the mixing stage would be completed right about now.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »

Tweet from the BW site.

Brian Wilson
Just finished the Disney CD. My kids are lovin it. Now I know what it must have felt like when I played "Be My Baby" 24/7. It's all about my kids!

Hmm.  That's a really great quote from Brian.  We have, on record, Brian admitting something crazy he did... and tongue in cheek showing remorse for it!  My what a long way we've come, Mr. Wilson!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2011, 08:13:56 PM »

I think this is going to be a great, epic album. Disney songs are usually bombastic, pretty, childlike and weird. Should fit Brian like a glove.

I agree.  Wholeheartedly.  I loved the Gershwin album too, though, but this seems like even a better fit. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2011, 08:15:52 PM »

put it out next week. 

That's my guess anyways.

Yeah I can't imagine he'd be playing rough mixes for them - if the leads were done a few weeks ago, and the backing vocals were already done before that, I would think the mixing stage would be completed right about now.

Geesh Chris, don't you listen to the Pet Sounds box set?  He doesn't have to master his songs, he has the guys stand CLOSER TO THE MICROPHONE.  Duh.  And the flutes too.  But just at the end.  Alright.  From the top!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2011, 09:56:53 AM »

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about the Disney album?

Nope. Count me in too. Where's the rock and roll album?! We need Moogs, bathrobes, coke, songs about Roller Skating Children and Little Tomboys and cigs getting thrown into the toilet!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »

Nope. Count me in too. Where's the rock and roll album?! We need Moogs, bathrobes, coke, songs about Roller Skating Children and Little Tomboys and cigs getting thrown into the toilet!

...from a guy nearing his 69th birthday?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »

...from a guy nearing his 69th birthday?

Charlie Sheen is the new Brian Wilson! What a T-shirt. Grin
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:40:24 AM by TheOther Anonymous » Logged
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:51 PM »

I don't mean to sound mean-spirited, and I know you were partially joking, but don't you think for a person's gone through everything Brian's gone through, doesn't it seem a bit off to playfully suggest that you'd prefer his music if he returned to coke and if it was coming from what was clearly an incredibly miserable and destructive place?  I love Adult Child for its honesty and humor, but it's also a really tragic record, and I hope Brian Wilson is never in a position to make another one like it.  Brian should make music for his grand kids, god knows he deserves to make whatever music he wants.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2011, 03:04:05 AM »

Tweet from the BW site.

Brian Wilson
Just finished the Disney CD. My kids are lovin it. Now I know what it must have felt like when I played "Be My Baby" 24/7. It's all about my kids!

He's stopped doing that??  Shocked  Smiley

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2011, 07:05:42 AM »

I think Brian means he's finished recording, not that the album's mixed, mastered and ready to roll.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2011, 07:58:49 AM »

I think Brian means he's finished recording, not that the album's mixed, mastered and ready to roll.

Eh, I don't know how long it takes for them to master these things, but Brian said on February 9th that he was done recording the lead vocals. Assuming they were finished with the backing vocals and such by that point, I'd say that that they could have mixed and mastered by now. I suppose it doesn't matter anyways - if the release of this album is on schedule with their usual timing from end of recording to release we won't be seeing it for another 5-6 months.  Undecided
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:52:22 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2011, 09:31:52 AM »

Do we know for sure that the last thing Brian does is record leads?  I think he'd be more inclined to finish the backing harmonies last!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2011, 10:10:30 AM »

Do we know for sure that the last thing Brian does is record leads?  I think he'd be more inclined to finish the backing harmonies last!

Four words: "Wouldn't It Be Nice".  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx