gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 05:24:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al just announced a reunion show?!  (Read 27047 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2011, 09:24:15 PM »

It's 6:20?  
Wow.  I liked Rhonda and FFF. Before that I was thinking Mike might be going into cardiac arrest.  
Somebody should watch over him tonight...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »

I'm sorry, but I just turned the damn thing off. That was awful. Al was OK but disengaged from the others, the backing musicians didn't seem into it, Mike had no energy, Bruce was negligible. I hate to make this a Brian Vs. Them thing, but when you see this compared to Brian's live show - even his poorer ones - geez, I can see why he stayed away.

A 50th anniversary tour in this state would be a sorry affair indeed. Mike looks like he's got nothing left to give. Give us a boxset and a documentary I say, instead of parading this sad soulless zombie band around under the banner of what should be one of the most loved and respected bands of all time.

Seconded.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2011, 09:27:53 PM »

This was well worth the wait. (got up at 4AM especially for this...). Loved it, above all for the historical aspect of it. Great to see Al Mike and Bruce on one stage again. Let's hope this is just the start of a fantastic 2011!

And what's happening on this board here? Never seen that many posts in 2 hours!  Shocked   Grin

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »

It's only 12:29AM here. Unless I lost a day.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2011, 09:31:30 PM »

local time here in The Netherlands, Jay, local time....

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2011, 09:33:26 PM »

local time here in The Netherlands, Jay, local time....

"What a difference a day makes"

Rocky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2011, 09:45:02 PM »

*I seriously gotta wonder what's making Mike Love's voice sound so bad - old age isn't much of a reason given how much better Brian and Al sound.

over-touring maybe
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »

Captured it, but there were some glitches during "Rhonda" and "Fun".  I'll have to re-record them from the website's archive or YouTube and put the whole thing together.

Not a bad set - Mike has sounded out of breath the last couple of times I've seen him, but he's not a kid.  Al sounded as good as he did when I saw him with Brian a few years back.  A nice historical document, but not something I see myself listening to with any regularity.

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2011, 10:10:42 PM »

Not a bad set - Mike has sounded out of breath the last couple of times I've seen him, but he's not a kid.  Al sounded as good as he did when I saw him with Brian a few years back.  A nice historical document, but not something I see myself listening to with any regularity.

Yes, a place in time. worth watching once, but again?  Not much to revisit for, methinks.

tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »

I was out at a party and unfortunately unable to watch, does anyone know of a place to watch the clip?? I figured the Reagan website would have it, but nothing.
Sammy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2011, 11:34:46 PM »

I was out at a party and unfortunately unable to watch, does anyone know of a place to watch the clip?? I figured the Reagan website would have it, but nothing.

same here, was at a show tonight and missed the webcast. my brother watched it and is giving me "an advanced warning," but i still want to see it.
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2011, 06:22:33 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/user/shutdownvol3#p/u/2/P7xwvOT865c

http://www.youtube.com/user/shutdownvol3#p/u/1/llGPKlR4PHI

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 06, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »

I'll add this to the mix, if anyone's interested in burning the show to CD. It's a tracked WAV conversion from my stereo capture last night. I'll leave it up for a few days.  Smiley

http://lukpac.org/~dave/Beach%20Boys%20%20-%20A%20Concert%20For%20America%20-%202-5-2011%20-%20Simi%20Valley,%20CA/

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx