gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 06:52:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let Him Run Wild  (Read 2924 times)
KaylaMusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »

Hey folks!
It's been a while but I have another BB cover 'Let Him Run Wild'. I did it a while back and decided it was time for more BB's!
Hope you like it, and if you liked some of my previous covers check it out on iTunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/let-the-wind-blow/id405776190?i=405776213

Let Him Run Wild
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKmfUGON_00

Thanks for listening!
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »

Sounds great! I never liked the lead vocal on the original version, you sing it a lot better. The instrumentation is nice and tasteful. My only criticism is that I miss the beat, especially on the choruses.
KaylaMusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:32:31 PM »

Ya I agree about the drums, but it was such a specific drum track I couldn't just use any old beat so that's just how it turned out. I wish I had a drum kit and could add real drums to these songs! Smiley
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 04:52:52 PM »

That was a really gorgeous cover! 
Musketeer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 07:27:01 PM »

I loved it! Great job!  Smiley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 07:38:01 PM »

Ya I agree about the drums, but it was such a specific drum track I couldn't just use any old beat so that's just how it turned out. I wish I had a drum kit and could add real drums to these songs! Smiley

If i may get technical, what are you using to make these? I thought most music software comes with a basic drum sound for midi, etc.... Although real drums are an ideal i too wish i could find/find sympathetic housemates for Tongue

btw, i love this one. The fade is insane!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
KaylaMusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 09:17:52 AM »

If i may get technical, what are you using to make these? I thought most music software comes with a basic drum sound for midi, etc.... Although real drums are an ideal i too wish i could find/find sympathetic housemates for Tongue

My keyboard, Korg M3, comes with tons of drum tracks, I also have fruity loops which allows you to make your own drum tracks.
Quite honestly I just didn't take the time to do it. This song required more time to make it's own drum track and I am limited in the time I spend with each cover.
I don't think it hinders it too much so I just left it.
I really love this song though and had to do it :D
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 10:35:18 AM »

FL Studio gets a lot of a bad rap from DAW snobs...but it just goes to show that good (or excellent as is the case here) results can be achieved with any software these days if the person making the music has talent.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
markcharles75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »

Another awesome job Kayla.  I'll never forget the first time I heard this song so many years ago...in my early 20's...wow...seems like a lifetime ago...a dream...

"Watch the balloon you buy just to let fly away..."
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 10:59:04 PM »

Fantastic work as always Kayla!
KaylaMusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 11:57:24 PM »

FL Studio gets a lot of a bad rap from DAW snobs...but it just goes to show that good (or excellent as is the case here) results can be achieved with any software these days if the person making the music has talent.

Ya I do not always use Fruity Loops, only when I need a really specific drum track. Other than that it's ProTools and my fantastic keyboard! I agree though it's less about equipment and more about the musician :D
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 02:36:58 AM »

"I never liked the lead vocal on the original version"

Roll Eyes
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 04:07:46 AM »

Roll Eyes

Brian once said that he sounded like "he had to pass a kidney stone" on this song. He also vetoed it's inclusion on the GV box set. I can see where he's coming from. Easily my least favorite lead vocal by Brian from when he still had his "old voice". I really don't like how he sounds there.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:11:15 AM by shelter » Logged
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 08:26:23 AM »

Roll Eyes

Brian once said that he sounded like "he had to pass a kidney stone" on this song. He also vetoed it's inclusion on the GV box set. I can see where he's coming from. Easily my least favorite lead vocal by Brian from when he still had his "old voice". I really don't like how he sounds there.

he gets a bit shrill on "let him RUN", but i love the other stuff.  i'd bet that's what he's talking about. 
BBLB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »

Kayla:

Wonderful job on one of my fav Brian leads.  You have such a rich voice that makes these covers your own.  Would love to hear you do "Only With You."

BBLB
ukulelejesus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 02:46:05 PM »

Hot damn you've got a lovely voice.

Over and over the crow cries uncover the lifehouse lifehouse lifehouse
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 04:49:48 PM »

My keyboard, Korg M3, comes with tons of drum tracks, I also have fruity loops which allows you to make your own drum tracks.
Quite honestly I just didn't take the time to do it. This song required more time to make it's own drum track and I am limited in the time I spend with each cover.
I don't think it hinders it too much so I just left it.
I really love this song though and had to do it :D

Fruity Loops and Pro Tools... Damn girl! I am only working with cubase myself, which is making me pull my hair out at a rate of knots.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx