gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:01:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Examiner  (Read 2024 times)
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2011, 02:41:02 PM »

My new online column at Beach Boys Examiner http://www.examiner.com/beach-boys-in-national/david-beard.  Follow it between issues of ESQ.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:57:07 PM »

Thanks for the update stating that David Marks is also on board for a BB reunion.  I had hoped he would be (even with Carrie's previous statement to the contrary).

Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:55:56 AM »

Thanks for the update stating that David Marks is also on board for a BB reunion.  I had hoped he would be (even with Carrie's previous statement to the contrary).

Jeez, did I say he wasn't interested in being part of any reunion plans?  I don't remember saying that because its not, nor has it ever been, the case. I thought I was pretty clear about the fact David wanted to be an official touring Beach Boy again....guess not.  So, to clarify...of course he would want to participate in any and all reunion activities should there be an occasion to do so.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:00:37 AM »

Jeez, did I say he wasn't interested in being part of any reunion plans?  I don't remember saying that because its not, nor has it ever been, the case. I thought I was pretty clear about the fact David wanted to be an official touring Beach Boy again....guess not.  So, to clarify...of course he would want to participate in any and all reunion activities should there be an occasion to do so.

My apologies, Carrie, if I misunderstood.  My recollection was that you had stated on this board, at least a couple of times in the past, that David was no longer interested performing on stage with Mike, apparently due to something Mike had said or done at some point in time.  After reading that, I also remember thinking that Mike, often in an attempt at humor, has a history of making sardonic comments, and that perhaps David had taken one of those comments more in a serious way that Mike may have intended.  (And Mike himself is sometimes the target of his acerbic wit.)

Anyway, those must not have been your most recent statements on David touring as a Beach Boy, and I'm glad to hear that he's interested and hope that there will a number of BB 50th anniversary reunion activities.

Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 04:48:55 PM »

My apologies, Carrie, if I misunderstood.  My recollection was that you had stated on this board, at least a couple of times in the past, that David was no longer interested performing on stage with Mike, apparently due to something Mike had said or done at some point in time.  After reading that, I also remember thinking that Mike, often in an attempt at humor, has a history of making sardonic comments, and that perhaps David had taken one of those comments more in a serious way that Mike may have intended.  (And Mike himself is sometimes the target of his acerbic wit.)

Anyway, those must not have been your most recent statements on David touring as a Beach Boy, and I'm glad to hear that he's interested and hope that there will a number of BB 50th anniversary reunion activities.

That's OK, its just that sitting in with Mike's band when they are on the east coast purely for the social aspect and being part of an official reunion event that includes all the surviving Beach Boys are two different things, and he very much wants to be part of any 50th celebrations that may occur.

Now as far as his personal relationship with Mike goes, just yesterday I dropped David off for a flight to LA and as he was leaving he said "I wish I was leaving to go on the road with Mike's band instead" so he must be over it.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I guess.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx