gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680810 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 10:29:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys Olympia Show, 1969  (Read 16168 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2010, 06:06:07 AM »

Watching it now, and gee, yeah, wasn't it really, really creepy of Mike to adjust Carl's mic like that, just so's he didn't have to stand on tippy-toe to reach it ? I mean, why didn't he just leave it the foder alone ?  Roll Eyes

OK, later - remember one thing, most of the audience don't understand a word he's saying except for the song lyrics. Annnnnnnnnddd... he's telling crappy jokes and acting like a rube fresh in from Hooterville ? My friends, this is not news. Listen to Live In London. This is Mike Love. This is who he is. That said, Carl looks increasingly less thrilled as the gig unfolds.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:32:56 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2010, 06:49:34 AM »

Watching it now, and gee, yeah, wasn't it really, really creepy of Mike to adjust Carl's mic like that, just so's he didn't have to stand on tippy-toe to reach it ? I mean, why didn't he just leave it the foder alone ?  Roll Eyes

OK, later - remember one thing, most of the audience don't understand a word he's saying except for the song lyrics. Annnnnnnnnddd... he's telling crappy jokes and acting like a rube fresh in from Hooterville ? My friends, this is not news. Listen to Live In London. This is Mike Love. This is who he is. That said, Carl looks increasingly less thrilled as the gig unfolds.

Do you think it is because he might have wanted to sing, "I'm Bugged at My Old Man?"

Sorry, I could not help myself... LOL

Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2010, 09:33:54 AM »

Do you think it is because he might have wanted to sing, "I'm Bugged at My Old Man?"

Sorry, I could not help myself... LOL

Good one!  And I agree that Mike's actions here are nothing new.  It's just that the robe is drawing more attention to him and throwing people off.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »

Watching it now, and gee, yeah, wasn't it really, really creepy of Mike to adjust Carl's mic like that, just so's he didn't have to stand on tippy-toe to reach it ?

Which absolutely wasn't the case as can be seen clearly on the video. Carl could be heard perfectly and seemed to stand quite comfortable. Even if he didn't adjust his own mic before so that he could stand comfortably then it was his fault. You just don't do this during a song if it ain't necessary (like it was the case here). You got enough time before or after a song.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Bill Ed
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2010, 12:34:22 PM »

Check wiki for a picture of Lennon on Abbey Road...

Here's a picture of that suit:

Shades of Hillary Clinton!
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2010, 01:18:26 PM »

Great to see this - the highlights for me CottonFields, Breakaway, and Their Hearts Were Full of Spring - they really nailed the a capella harmonies.

Why didn't some of the band join in during Nearest Faraway Place - it wasn't a solo piano piece on the album! 

The slow medley didn't really work IMO - I can see why they dropped it from the set.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »

Mike has a habit of adjusting other peoples microphone's

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2011, 09:17:22 PM »

Thanks a bunch to whoever made this show available.  Smiley Why didn't Dennis come out to the front at the end to sing on Their Hearts Were Full of Spring?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx