gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:31:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Couple New Songs  (Read 2572 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2011, 09:59:16 AM »

Here are what I think are the only two songs I fully wrote and recorded in 2010. (In my laziest musical year in a decade, mostly I just ended up with fragments of new songs, re-recordings of old songs, or covers.) These are "I Didn't Think So" at http://www.sendspace.com/file/ky9gxp and "To Spite My Face" at http://www.sendspace.com/file/wh142v
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:01:13 AM by Luther » Logged

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »

Part of "To Spite My Face," I recall, I had discussed here at http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,8288.75.html before, back when it was just a few chords I was bouncing around. I ended up going a different direction. After that first part of the B-section (Bb to G-7, C7, up to Fmaj7), I went into a different part altogether: G-9, Ebmaj7(#4), Bbmaj7, D7(#5), then repeated but ending on an A13.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 02:44:53 AM »

Those are nice, Luther! Hopefully 2011 will be more productive for you.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
warnakey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »

These are killer Luther. It was a difficult year for everyone to record music. Everybody has been so broke and busy. I think next year will be better though. You just need to find that excitement again.

These 2 songs are really great though. I have them on repeat.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 02:42:34 PM »

Thanks, guys. As for my excuses for not doing anything last year, warnakey, I wish I could say "too busy" or "too broke": it has been more that I've been uninterested, distracted from writing or recording. So it's a really bad excuse. Hopefully I'll hit a groove, which is always how I do my best writing anyway, writing maybe 6-10 songs within a couple of weeks and then recording them immediately in rough form, then returning to them in subsequent months and years. In fact, there's still a big backlog of completed songs I haven't gotten decent recordings of. Still, I hate to take out of the reserves without adding more to them.

matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:56:39 PM »

These tracks are both real stonkers! Wonderfully written...

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx