gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:42:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Track listing for new 2011 box set??  (Read 32962 times)
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2011, 04:02:50 PM »

Vocals only tracks I would include Till I Die (esp the end part), Smily Smile Version of Wonderful (Strange but somehow works to me at least) Breakaway (Instrumental Insert) just the vocals please from the Unsurpassed Masters 20, Good Time (I do like Brian's vocals on this one), Long Promised Road??, Be Here In The Morning. Add some more to this please. Smiley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2011, 08:44:46 PM »

1974 California Feeling to me is the Holy Grail of recordings I've never heard, even more than Wouldn't it be Nice to Live again (although I want that too LOL  ). The more 1974 stuff, the better.

Other unreleased material of high quality...Carry me Home, California Slide, Lookin' Down the Coast, Everybody Wants to live Just Once, You've Lost That Loving Feelin'....love to see those on there as well.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2011, 10:39:40 PM »

An E?! Where are you from? I know A, B, C, D, and F. LOL

SUNY Plattsburgh in upstate New York uses E instead of F for failing.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2011, 11:12:40 PM »

Really? Cool...learn something new every day*

*you know, cause's we were talking about  school, and...
LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2011, 03:21:52 AM »

something that I would hope would appear in a release this year (if rarities are released) would be proposed album artwork/back of the LPs/liner notes, IF they exist, not what appears on bootlegs.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2011, 07:08:14 AM »

something that I would hope would appear in a release this year (if rarities are released) would be proposed album artwork/back of the LPs/liner notes, IF they exist, not what appears on bootlegs.

I think those kind of stuff would be a good section on beachboyscentral.com. In fact I think it would be nice for that one to finally go online for the anniversary

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »

The version of Summer Means New Love with the backing vox...
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2011, 05:53:11 PM »

I don't believe I've heard that one....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2011, 05:31:18 AM »

There's a segment of it on American Band.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2011, 02:29:38 PM »

...A segment that was recorded -not by the 'Boys- just for that documentary, IIRC.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2011, 03:55:39 PM »

which sessions should be on an box set then? For me their is still bits of Good Vibrations that are amazing, Tag to Cabin Essence to name but two any more??
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2011, 04:15:54 PM »

which sessions should be on an box set then? For me their is still bits of Good Vibrations that are amazing, Tag to Cabin Essence to name but two any more??

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'sessions', but I think Good Vibrations has had far too much time in the spotlight as far as released session highlights go. There are the session takes from the GV boxset, session takes from the Pet Sounds Sessions boxset, session takes from the 40th anniversary Good Vibrations album, session takes from the Smiley Smile bonus tracks.

It is a fantastic song but I think it's time to get the Today!, Summer Days, and All Summer Long session highlights in a boxset!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2011, 04:23:43 PM »

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'sessions', but I think Good Vibrations has had far too much time in the spotlight as far as released session highlights go. There are the session takes from the GV boxset, session takes from the Pet Sounds Sessions boxset, session takes from the 40th anniversary Good Vibrations album, session takes from the Smiley Smile bonus tracks.

It is a fantastic song but I think it's time to get the Today!, Summer Days, and All Summer Long session highlights in a boxset!
I was thinking of the Good Vibrations"Insert Rehearsals" on the UM15 disc2 which for me sounds great. Thanks for the youtube comment btw Grin
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2011, 04:44:54 PM »

...A segment that was recorded -not by the 'Boys- just for that documentary, IIRC.

...Dang. Too bad. Thanks Sloop John B.  Cool
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »

There is a lot of overlap on those released sections, though - iirc they all start with the same take! There are more excerpts from those sessions which i would happily pay for, is all.

I would rather more 70's/late 60's sessions, but the nature of home studio work (although not all were done at the house) means that these would be limited. But then I'd be fine with more acapella mixes too, so i'm guess i'm not fussy.  Grin

And that's a shame about Summer Means New Love..... Anyone know who re-recorded it?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:49:16 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: January 23, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »

Some sessions I'd love to hear are the ones recently found on those lost Shut Down Vol. 2 reels.  "Why Do Fools Fall In Love" especially (Wrecking crew circa '63) as well as the group on "Don't Worry Baby".  It would also be interesting to hear the sessions for "Denny's Drums" I think.   Razz
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2011, 02:54:17 PM »

Smiley Smile sessions anyone?, I can't see it happening to be honest, but would love to hear something from this era!!!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »

Vocal sessions from Today/Summer Days would be great. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »

There is a lot of overlap on those released sections, though - iirc they all start with the same take! There are more excerpts from those sessions which i would happily pay for, is all.

I would rather more 70's/late 60's sessions, but the nature of home studio work (although not all were done at the house) means that these would be limited. But then I'd be fine with more acapella mixes too, so i'm guess i'm not fussy.  Grin

And that's a shame about Summer Means New Love..... Anyone know who re-recorded it?

I know! I love listening to the sessions, but I get tired of hearing "Good Vibrations, take one," "We're rolling! Let's go!"

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2011, 01:55:09 AM »

They aren't even the same take as well! Noticed that when one of them popped up on shuffle.... You've been double crossing us, Linett!  LOL

letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »

I know! I love listening to the sessions, but I get tired of hearing "Good Vibrations, take one," "We're rolling! Let's go!"
Believe it or not me too!!, But I think there could be a least another 5mins or so of the sessions of the "Good Vibs" the deserves to to be released
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2011, 01:46:02 PM »

Believe it or not me too!!, But I think there could be a least another 5mins or so of the sessions of the "Good Vibs" the deserves to to be released

The SOT 3CD box of the "GV" sessions may have been the least enjoyable listening experience of my last 15 years or so.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »

The SOT 3CD box of the "GV" sessions may have been the least enjoyable listening experience of my last 15 years or so.
Oh dear I must be the only one who enjoyed this then Andrew lol Cheesy, So what sessions would you like to see released then?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2011, 02:29:32 PM »

Oh dear I must be the only one who enjoyed this then Andrew lol Cheesy, So what sessions would you like to see released then?

Anything from Sunflower through Holland.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2011, 02:32:52 PM »

Anything from Sunflower through Holland.
Good call and can I add Sessions from Solar System too? or  just the track only will do!!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx