gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:38:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Track listing for new 2011 box set??  (Read 32957 times)
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2011, 01:58:47 AM »

Well it does look like and as hinted on past topics that we will have some kind of box set this year. Lots of youtube videos are being taken off which has studio sessions on them esp from the Smile sessions, Which like I've said before can only be a good thing as we would all love to see, hear and buy it officially!!!.
Here is what I believe may be incuding in the box set,
1) a few minutes from the first ever studio Beach Boys sessions
2) Some early outside productions e.g. Honeys etc
3) Sessions from Beach Boys Today/Summer Days Albums
4) A few Remixed Tracks from Pet Sounds?? (Do we need more?, Yes because Pet Sounds is so groundbreaking!!)
5) Lot's of Smile Sessions With Full Stereo Mixes Of Selected Songs e.g. Do You like Worms, Wonderful. This could be a mini Box set within a box set??.
6) Vocal only Remixed Songs e.g. Till I Die, Smily Smile Version of Wonderful (Please add more to this list)
7) Track only Songs e.g. This Whole World.
Cool Just a few unreleased Songs but esp Wouldn't it be nice to live again, and a few other early Dennis Wilson, Brian Wilson songs.
9) One New Song just for old times with Mike, Brian, Al, And Bruce at least and maybe one or two celebrity fans joining in too.
10) Good Vibrations in full Stereo including the vocals which are hidden away in Brian's sandbox!! lol.
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 02:01:42 AM »

Please Add to this or comment on this and lets see who will be right when we will all buy this this year fingers crossed Grin
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 02:05:33 AM »

Just because they're taking down videos doesn't mean anything- except BRI doesn't want unreleased stuff that shouldn't be out in the first place being tossed out there for anyone to see or hear.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 02:16:13 AM »

Call me a pessimist, but I don't see anything other than the typical oldies collection coming out.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 02:19:05 AM »

Just because they're taking down videos doesn't mean anything- except BRI doesn't want unreleased stuff that shouldn't be out in the first place being tossed out there for anyone to see or hear.
Maybe your right but im just living in hope that it's because some of the stuff will soon be released which is something we all want Smiley
but of course i wouldn't want any on my stuff put onto youtube that's been locked away for years police
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 02:21:25 AM »

Maybe so, but some/most of this stuff has been up for years, so why suddenly get all huffy about it ?  The timing is, at worst, intriguing. Not that I've got an inside track or anything, but sometimes the obvious deduction can be the right one, even in the mad world of the BB.  I hope so. As for the box set proposed below...

1) there's a whole CD of this, has been since 1991
2) separate 2CD set, please
3) nice, but...
4) why ?
5) see #2 (but 3/4 CDs)
6) good idea
7) see #6
VIII) hell, yes !
9) cool, go for it
10) As. If.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 02:23:39 AM »

Call me a pessimist, but I don't see anything other than the typical oldies collection coming out.
No I don't think so (Hopefully!!) The Beach Boys has done too much groundbreaking work esp during the 60's and any record label that's not in debit lol!! Would wanna celebrate that fact!!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 02:27:04 AM »

Wishful thinking time...unreleased collection that has many previously unbooted songs.

Sigh....I need to hear something I haven't heard before. I miss the sense of discovery...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 02:41:02 AM »

Thanks Andrew for your input Grin ok in answer to your points
1) Yes their is a 2cd set, but i think it would be included in a box set like the 1st cd of the new Jimi Hendrix Box set "West Settle Boy" and not alot of people know it's out their or have got it e.g. Me lol
2) YES please but I think one or tracks or sessions would be nice to hear how Brian was in control of the studio back in the day.
3) My thought was it's shows how far Brian was progessing in the studio and paved the way for Pet Sounds.
4) Why? I don't really wanna hear anymore "Remixed" trracks from Pet sounds but i believe their will be a few included.....
5) Great idea Andrew!!, But Box set please, Saying that i wouldnt mind paying out for a 3/4 set of this as well!!!!.
6) Thank you
7) Thank you (again)
Cool This is all our dreams and if it's only going to be a few tracks PLEASE release "Wouldn't it be nice to live again" at the very least!!!
9) I can see this quickly and easily happen cause it's closure for everyone but esp Brian!!!
!0) This is the world of the Beach Boys stranger things has happened lol Grin.
Happy new Year Andrew and to everyone else here
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 02:51:38 AM »

2 CD set of the Morgan sessions ?  That's one that snuck under my radar - label & track listing, please. Unless you mean In The Beginning, of course, which being a bootleg, I've not heard nor do I have any wish to.  Roll Eyes

letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 02:54:08 AM »

2 CD set of the Morgan sessions ?  That's one that snuck under my radar - label & track listing, please. Unless you mean In The Beginning, of course, which being a bootleg, I've not heard nor do I have any wish to.  Roll Eyes
Ive not heard the "In the beginning" bootleg too or the 2CD Morgan Sessions so it's an unknown thing for me
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 02:59:33 AM »

This is purely top of the head, but, were Capitol to devote the time, budget and care to the BB's 50th that they doubtless will to The Beatles, this would be my gameplan:

50 Good Vibrations - 2CD set for the general public

America's Band 1961-2011 - 4CD box (essentially the 1993 set updated/remastered, but minus...)

The Smile Sessions 1966-67 - 4CD box

The Brian Wilson Productions 1962-1975 - 2/3CD set, including the entire Spring album.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 03:00:14 AM »

Ive not heard the "In the beginning" bootleg too or the 2CD Morgan Sessions so it's an unknown thing for me

So what's this 2CD set of the early sessions you've mentioned ?

XY
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 03:08:19 AM »

I think the mid 70's need some attention. Brian's piano version of "California Feelin'" (Ok, a CD full of Brian's demos, add "Awake" + "Love You" Demos), "Adult/Child" songs, "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling", alternate 15 BO mixes like that powerfull mix of "Rock 'n' Roll Music" that was broadcasted on radio, etc.
"Back Home" - the 1963 + 1969 versions, Remix of "Our Sweet Love" with Brian's b/v from GET THE BOOT early version.
SMiLE? Hard to say, because everything needs to be released to get a proper 'official' look on that work. Something like the interactive Project SMiLE CD.
"Sandy" from "Summer Days"-Sessions + "Guess I'm Dump" from "Today".
"Marie" unreleased 1963 + beautiful "Visions".
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 03:14:43 AM »

So what's this 2CD set of the early sessions you've mentioned ?
Never heard any of the early sessions per 1963 but I just thought it would be nice to include one or two tracks in a box set
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 03:17:38 AM »

This is purely top of the head, but, were Capitol to devote the time, budget and care to the BB's 50th that they doubtless will to The Beatles, this would be my gameplan:

50 Good Vibrations - 2CD set for the general public

America's Band 1961-2011 - 4CD box (essentially the 1993 set updated/remastered, but minus...)

The Smile Sessions 1966-67 - 4CD box

The Brian Wilson Productions 1962-1975 - 2/3CD set, including the entire Spring album.
The Smile Sessions and the Brian Wilson productions would be top of my list esp hearing the Spring Album Remastered and maybe remixed?? Grin.

The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 04:35:57 AM »

And what about a De Luxe Box-Set In Concert 4CD + DVD + LP + 40 page booklet, something like the recent Live At Leeds by The Who.
CD 1: The original 1973 In Concert LP remastered.
CD 2: Hollywood Palladium 1973
CD 3: Chicago 1973
CD 4: Hartford 1973
DVD: 1972 Carnegie Hall film
LP: Original single LP proposed to WB.

My dream-come-true Box-Set!!

Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 04:48:15 AM »

Yes, the original single LP In Concert would be nice, because then I'd finally get to hear a BB version of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" in good quality.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:14:31 AM by Fall Breaks » Logged

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Paulos
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 04:54:35 AM »

How about a special bonus compilation of different versions of Barbara Ann for Andrews enjoyment?

'The Best Of The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann'

1. Barbara Ann (Beach Boys' Party! version)
2. Barbara Ann (Single version)
3. Barbara Ann (Session excerpt)
4. Barbara Ann (Master Take Without Party! Overdubs)
5. Barbara Ann - Live (Live In London)
6. Barbara Ann - Live (Good Timin': Live At Knebworth, England 1980)
7. Barbara Ann - Live (Brian Wilson, Live At The Roxy)
8. Barbara Ann - Live (Al Jardine FAF, Live In Las Vegas)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 05:23:07 AM »

Seriously if all that comes out of the 50 year anniversary is another "Greatest Hits" collection from the surf era I will be booking the first available flight to America, with the sole intention of personally kicking Mike as hard as I can in the nuts.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 07:00:32 AM »

I'm hoping for a Smile box set, another Endless Harmony/Hawthorne CA type of compilation, and maybe a live album.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 07:40:54 AM »

Well it does look like and as hinted on past topics that we will have some kind of box set this year. Lots of youtube videos are being taken off which has studio sessions on them esp from the Smile sessions, Which like I've said before can only be a good thing as we would all love to see, hear and buy it officially!!!.
Here is what I believe may be incuding in the box set,
1) a few minutes from the first ever studio Beach Boys sessions
2) Some early outside productions e.g. Honeys etc
3) Sessions from Beach Boys Today/Summer Days Albums
4) A few Remixed Tracks from Pet Sounds?? (Do we need more?, Yes because Pet Sounds is so groundbreaking!!)
5) Lot's of Smile Sessions With Full Stereo Mixes Of Selected Songs e.g. Do You like Worms, Wonderful. This could be a mini Box set within a box set??.
6) Vocal only Remixed Songs e.g. Till I Die, Smily Smile Version of Wonderful (Please add more to this list)
7) Track only Songs e.g. This Whole World.
Cool Just a few unreleased Songs but esp Wouldn't it be nice to live again, and a few other early Dennis Wilson, Brian Wilson songs.
9) One New Song just for old times with Mike, Brian, Al, And Bruce at least and maybe one or two celebrity fans joining in too.
10) Good Vibrations in full Stereo including the vocals which are hidden away in Brian's sandbox!! lol.

Jeesh, that would be a perfect boxset. Love the idea of the Vocals-only of SS 'Wonderful' - I think I'd add 'Don't Worry Baby' and the Coda of 'A Day In The Life Of A Tree' to the vocals-only disc.

They need to finally release 'In The Back Of My Mind (instrumental)'....Also, the instrumental for 'Wake The World' would be a nice addition.

I'd also like to see the official release of the demos from the 'Love You' era.

Also, I know it has been talked about before, but a 'Best Of Brian Wilson' from the Brian Camp would be great. I'd add some instrumentals from TLOS/BWRG as a bonus.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 08:03:45 AM »

Cool!! Another 50th Anniversary release track listing?  Because there's nothing else to talk about so what the hell?

Like I said here before two or three times:

I'm with Shelter. A comprehensive Smile box set, another Endless Harmony/Hawthorne CA type of compilation, and maybe a live album/unplugged box set.

Reality: What 50 Centaur said.  The typical oldies collection will come out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:52:04 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 08:13:22 AM »

Whatever does come out, we're sure to bitch about it!

Personally, I think a box set ala Good Vibrations would be redundant.

What I most want in the world is a collection of previously unreleased outtakes--good ones, bad ones, I don't care as long as there were a bunch of them.

I'd be excited about another Hawthorne with a few unreleased outtakes and a lot of instrumental mixes, etc, but not as much as the third.

I'd also definitely be excited about a two disc Pet Projects.

Some of the other things, like vocal only mixes or stacks-o-tracks...I'd buy them, don't get me wrong, but what I mostly want is new songs(even if they are actually old and have been circulating on bootleg.)
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »

Whatever does come out, we're sure to bitch about it!

Personally, I think a box set ala Good Vibrations would be redundant.

What I most want in the world is a collection of previously unreleased outtakes--good ones, bad ones, I don't care as long as there were a bunch of them.

I'd be excited about another Hawthorne with a few unreleased outtakes and a lot of instrumental mixes, etc, but not as much as the third.

I'd also definitely be excited about a two disc Pet Projects.

Some of the other things, like vocal only mixes or stacks-o-tracks...I'd buy them, don't get me wrong, but what I mostly want is new songs(even if they are actually old and have been circulating on bootleg.)

Agree 100%, I want songs that have not been previously released.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx