gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 12:24:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian live in Germany 2009 broadcast on Swedish radio  (Read 1077 times)
ReggieDunbar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2011, 02:34:39 AM »

Did anyone else here this one?
I guess it was broadcasted earlier in diffrent countries

Brian sounds terrible... bad mix on the band, and Paul Mertens ruins the solo on Rhonda as always... (sax solos should be banned)

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/default.aspx?programid=488
(available through link for 30 days)

//RD
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:38:40 AM by ReggieDunbar » Logged

The pine-scented air smells so good in the snow, in our toboggan well go
screaming down the mountainside. The touch of your cheeks when theyre rosy and cold, feels so cozy to hold. Just to take you close and make you warm and...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 03:49:34 AM »

Wish it was in English...can't navigate worth a damn.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:53:33 AM »

It's not so hard. Scroll down to the picture of Brian. Right above it, there's a speaker icon and the link "P4 Live med Brian Wilson". Click it.

The entire concert, and not only these 57 minutes, can be found making the rounds.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 03:55:21 AM »

Nah, I meant the buttons on the player themselves. I restarted the damn thing twice by accident.

Wow...409 sounded alright despite me not really liking the song much, but my God Soul Searching sounds horrible.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 04:02:29 AM »

Oh, I see.  Smiley

It's an uneven show, but unfortunately it's more bad than good. I do however think that the instances when Brian harmonizes with the rest of the band his voice adds a welcome roughness to the blend. But the same roughness and short-of-breathness works not so well when he sings lead (except for Fun Fun Fun which I think is, well, fun).

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 04:13:24 AM »

Nah, I meant the buttons on the player themselves. I restarted the damn thing twice by accident.

Wow...409 sounded alright despite me not really liking the song much, but my God Soul Searching sounds horrible.

You shoulda heard me delivering a righteous kicking to said song at Guilfest in 2009: cleared a 10 foot radius circle around myself by the end of the first verse, and in a packed crowd of maybe 20,000, that's no small feat !

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx