gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:33:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 12-67 footage never before seen.  (Read 15484 times)
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »

Dennis' emotions during Oh Come All Ye Faithful is priceless. He really felt the music. Heck, you can see it when the guys perform Their Hearts were Full of Spring on Andy Williams, Dennis in the background mouthing the lyrics.

On Shindig he even sang with the other guys in the frontline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jttr7zDfndw
Or at least lip-synched with the other guys to a pre-recorded track, it seems. Can someone pick him out in the blend?

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2010, 04:43:58 PM »

Like I said-this is the first time I actually saw the footage.  So in my article-I had to base my info on Badman's book.  But it makes sense they'd play that (Good Vibrations) and clearly the performance was edited-so there were more songs played live.  I don't have Badman in front of me-but I think it aired in France in one version and around the world in a more edited, shorter version.  It was a concert event in Paris-so not just an hour. 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2010, 08:49:15 PM »

Like I said-this is the first time I actually saw the footage.  So in my article-I had to base my info on Badman's book.  But it makes sense they'd play that (Good Vibrations) and clearly the performance was edited-so there were more songs played live.  I don't have Badman in front of me-but I think it aired in France in one version and around the world in a more edited, shorter version.  It was a concert event in Paris-so not just an hour. 

Badman says five songs:  GOK, BA, Darlin, GV, Merry Christmas Baby, and they were backed by a large multi-piece orchestra.    So: 
Were there only 5 songs, he has the Xmas title wrong, and the orchestra is dubbed out? 
Were there 6 songs( the 5 he mentions plus Come all ye Faithful) and the orchestra is dubbed out ? 
Did they do a full set, and he only knows about 5, not all of them being correct, and we  only get to see the ones w/o the orchestra? 
Is this footage not from the same show Badman describes? 
Was the orchestra info  bad information, unrelated to this show? 
What Choices am I missing? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
XY
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2010, 10:24:20 PM »

Billboard - January 6, 1968

UNICEF Gala Draws Celebs

PARIS - Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor, Marlon Brando, Lena Horne, Victor Borge, The Beach Boys, Serge Reggiani, Fernandel, Johnny Hallyday, Les Parisiennes, Manitas de Plata, Ravi Shankar and The Red Army Choir starred in the annual charity gala in aid of UNICEF at the Paris de Chaillot here recently.

The show, emeed by Jean-Pierre Aumont, was seen by an audience which included almost as many celebrities as were presented on stage - among them John Lennon, George Harrison and Jeanne Moreau.

The three half-hour program was filmed by the ORTF and excerpts were shown on Eurovision and Intervision.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »

I have already gone on ad nauseam about Badman's failings-so I won't.  But clearly his source for the songs played must now be viewed as suspect.  All that can be said for sure is that they played Barbara Ann, God Only Knows and O Come All Ye Faithful.  We can speculate that Good Vibrations was also probably also played since the Theramin can be seen.  That may have been it.
Bill Ed
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2010, 12:01:45 AM »

Dennis' emotions during Oh Come All Ye Faithful is priceless. He really felt the music. Heck, you can see it when the guys perform Their Hearts were Full of Spring on Andy Williams, Dennis in the background mouthing the lyrics.

On Shindig he even sang with the other guys in the frontline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jttr7zDfndw

Are they lip syncing? Check out the video at the 1:22 mark.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx