gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:58:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Phil Spector and Easy Rider  (Read 9026 times)
jabba2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2005, 05:06:51 PM »

I was just watching the first 5 minutes Easy Rider and saw Spector the drug dealer,i hadnt noticed him in this before. At first i thought it was a young Al Pacino, also thought it might be that artist guy (forget his name right now) because hes dresses kind of flamboyount with the cap, shades and gloves. He aslo looks at himself fixing his hair in the mirror while inspecting the drugs. I had to search online to confirm it was indeed Phil Spector. Does he do any other movies? Phil has no lines in Easy Rider.  The Spector scene might be on again on AMC sometime tonite, if they play it again.

Nice drugs!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 05:11:28 PM by jabba2 » Logged
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 06:23:58 PM »

Wrong forum!
But a great, great film and a great cameo.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
jabba2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 06:33:22 PM »

Bah humbag. the christmas ghost of forum etiquette will pay you a visit. I hope he scares the crap out of you.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 06:42:07 PM »

He already did. But on another board.
What does the end of the film mean to you?

jabba2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 06:47:15 PM »

the acid trip or when they get shot? So much happens at the end. Getting shot i think means death of the hippies.
carlydenise2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 08:55:10 PM »

I just watched Easy Rider too.....at the end credits I saw Phil Spector and couldn't remember which character he was!  Actually he looked alot like Mike Nesmith of the Monkees in the movie.   I love Easy Rider, it's one of my favorites.   I also saw Toni Basil's name  in the movie too...which character was she??  Isn't she the singer of "Oh Mickey your'e so fine, your'e so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey....Hey Mickey"?
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 09:31:51 PM »

The black-haired prostitute. One of the most beautiful women ever to walk the Earth. She also choreographed The TAMI Show and for many great 60's TV series. She's also in Bob Rafelson's Head and Five Easy Pieces.

monkee knutz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 11:51:27 PM »

I saw an interview with Basil just a few years ago and she doesn't look much different than she did back then. Soul sold? I think she's a major babe, too Ian!

Peter Tork recorded a few tunes and submitted them to Rafelson/Schneider for use in Easy Rider. They LOVED them but ultimately turned them down. Why haven't these turned up??  Sad
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 11:54:10 PM by monkee knutz » Logged
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 04:36:01 AM »

There's a more to this. When Brian said (in 1966 - 'Seconds'-paranoia) that Spector was going into films he was right. Spector tried to produce some kind of an American road movie (can't
remember the title) which evolved into Easy Rider and another movie. This could explain his
appearance. Can anybody tell that story please?

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
cta
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 07:57:38 AM »

Yes, Toni Basil in E.R. and other 60's flicks is the same chick who did "Micky". 

Very true, she does still look very good.  She's gotta be pushing 60 if she hasn't already. 

Definetly G-MILF status.  :D

Feh.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 10:34:54 AM »

I heard, probably on the extra stuff and interviews on the Anniversary Easy Rider DVD, that Spector got the part because the movie was on a shoestring budget and they needed a Rolls or similar car for the dealer...and Spector happened to have a Rolls
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 11:03:15 AM »

Exactly, Donald. They even used his driver.

monkee knutz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 01:24:02 PM »

Never looked close, but I've been told that the football helmet that Nicholson wears is the same one Ray Nitsche throws at Tork in the War sequence in HEAD. Budget is right guys... Easy Rider was made with profits from the Monkees!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 01:41:36 PM »

It is. And one stock shot is used in both films as well.

monkee knutz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 02:00:32 PM »

OOhhh. Trivia! Me likey!  Grin
It's been about 15 years since I've seen it in it's entirety so I'm at your mercy. Which shot do you refer to Mr. W?
Was it during the acid sequence where everyone is having their trip?
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 02:07:12 PM »

No, it's the steam whistle! Shown in head when the signal is given that the Monkees are coming towards the studio canteen, and in Easy Rider right before the graveyard scene when they find the dead dog in the gutter.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 08:14:12 AM »

if i liked HEAD, would i like this movie? never seen it

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 04:57:14 PM »

Yeah, dude. See it. One of the most important and historic films made in this country. Essential.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 05:55:25 PM »

if you didnt like HEAD you wouldnt be human...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 09:27:43 PM »

we're still talking about a movie withthe monkees, right?    LOL

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 02:11:46 PM »

Damn, I never knew that was Spector.  And I love Easy Rider!  Guess I didn't watch the extras on the DVD close enough...
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 02:14:24 PM »

Just watch the credits!

Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 08:46:43 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YZ6vLtQXZRY&search=phil%20spector

Interesting promo film of Phil Spector.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2006, 12:05:19 PM »

i saw that earlier this week, i wish there'd be more videos of spector, he's so interesting...i feel like brian, i love hearing his voice on sessions, his look, his obsession, his sound

~post of the century~
-Mikie

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 10:24:10 PM »

i finally bought the movie and enjoyed thoroughly. I'm overly obsessed with Phil's opening scene...I guess I just love his look. I've noticed when he's about to get out of the truck and he hands the coke to his bodyguard, he looks right at the camera...reminds me of Pee Wee Herman as the hotel clerk in that movie about PW Herman in Pee Wee's Big adventure...i loved how they dubbed over his voice

~post of the century~
-Mikie

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx