gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:04:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE BEACH BOYS LOST CONCERT RESTORED WITH THE BEATLES  (Read 11217 times)
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2010, 05:05:53 AM »

Check this out!

http://endlesssummerquarterly.blogspot.com/2010/12/beatles-complete-first-american-concert.html
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 06:12:17 AM »

Cool ! I fear, though, that the Beach Boys come off a little lame. Not because of their playing and singing, which is very cool (except for Al's off key "In my room") but because there's such a lack of audience participation, especially girls screaming. It's probably very much there during the Beatles' set

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 06:22:19 AM »

Cool!
A great first project for the 50th anniversary.
Let's hope a DVD release.
MBE
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 08:22:43 AM »

They were a little more frantic at the TAMI show but I love this concert. I hope Monster Mash is in there.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 09:39:52 AM »

Will this differ to the already-released version greatly, if at all, other than improved quality?

“We live in divisive times.”
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »

Will this differ to the already-released version greatly, if at all, other than improved quality?

Well, if "Monster mash" indeed should be included as MBE imagined, then it would be very cool. Don't know how much could be bettered with the sound

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 12:17:29 PM »

"Monster Mash" is in there.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 12:47:04 PM »

"Monster Mash" is in there.

Hoooray !!

- Jack Rieley
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 02:29:34 PM »

(except for Al's off key "In my room")
I think it's Carl that's flat there. Flat, not fat.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »

Haven't watched it in quite a while. But I remember that it looked to me as if Carl (and Brian) were giving Al some looks... Maybe someone else knows better

- Jack Rieley
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 06:08:05 PM »

Brian told Sean Lennon that he had never met John. Didn't they see each other back stage at this show?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »

Brian told Sean Lennon that he had never met John. Didn't they see each other back stage at this show?
Brian did meet John at Ricci Martin's birthday party in the early '70's...that's documented by many eyewitnesses. However, the concert film that is the subject of this thread is not a joint appearance by the Beach Boys and Beatles...the Beatles set is from their Feb. '64 concert in Washington D.C. and the Beach Boys set (as seen in the Lost Concert) was filmed in L.A. in March '64. Two different shows, one film.
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 10:45:45 PM »

Check out the updated post.  DJ Roger Christian's introduction to The Beach Boys and Lesley Gore is in this film.

http://endlesssummerquarterly.blogspot.com/2010/12/beatles-complete-first-american-concert.html
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 10:53:31 PM »

Finally, I can watch a version of the Beatles concert in good quality.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 10:26:58 PM »

Video trailer added: http://endlesssummerquarterly.blogspot.com/2010/12/beatles-complete-first-american-concert.html
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 06:47:16 AM »

Don't let out any news here, cuz we don't want to spoil it( you can send everyone PMs) but is there a really good chance the whole film is going to be available for all of us that can't go to the show?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 07:14:18 AM »

Bet the Hoffman board's a tad moist.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 08:50:55 AM »

Don't let out any news here, cuz we don't want to spoil it( you can send everyone PMs) but is there a really good chance the whole film is going to be available for all of us that can't go to the show?

I'd like to know this too. Will there be a DVD-release?

- Jack Rieley
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 11:26:23 AM »

Brian did meet John at Ricci Martin's birthday party in the early '70's...that's documented by many eyewitnesses. However, the concert film that is the subject of this thread is not a joint appearance by the Beach Boys and Beatles...the Beatles set is from their Feb. '64 concert in Washington D.C. and the Beach Boys set (as seen in the Lost Concert) was filmed in L.A. in March '64. Two different shows, one film.

Oh ok. Not the same show. I guess Brian doesn't remember a whole lot in the early 70s. Like does he recall crashing Keith Moon's party in a bath robe?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 02:04:15 PM »

No DVD release is planned at this time.
Bill Ed
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 04:35:40 PM »

Al and Carl sound fine to me, and it sure ain't Brian. Which leaves . . .
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 05:40:15 PM »

No DVD release is planned at this time.

I'm not sure who's in charge, but that is a REALLy stupid decision.

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 06:38:41 PM »

It has more to do with clearance issues and legalities than anything else...so probably not stupid, just calculated as not possible at this point.
Big Bri
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 04:00:39 AM »

Ya gotta give Ringo his props!  He is one bad-ass Drummer!!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »

It has more to do with clearance issues and legalities than anything else...so probably not stupid, just calculated as not possible at this point.
Be that as it may, it's still stupid.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx