gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:47:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When will Brian's next Disney album be released?  (Read 8065 times)
Acechaser
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2010, 03:54:23 PM »

I have not seen any news on Brian's second Disney album for quite some time.  Has it been recorded?  When will it be released?
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:08:19 AM »

I have not seen any news on Brian's second Disney album for quite some time.  Has it been recorded?  When will it be released?

Good call. IIRC it was planned for early 2011, and that might imply that recording is imminent (assuming that, had it been started already, or even finished, someone here with the initials AGD would have told us so...)

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 02:26:33 AM »

Good call. IIRC it was planned for early 2011, and that might imply that recording is imminent (assuming that, had it been started already, or even finished, someone here with the initials AGD would have told us so...)

I would ?  Shocked

I mean, yes, I would.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 04:24:55 AM »

It will come out when the crow cries uncover the cornfield.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 07:13:06 AM »

The new pending release date is for Feb 2, 2189.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 07:16:19 AM »

What's the rush? BWRG is only just out... and the Big Man has released a raft of fine albums in recent years.

Give him chance!

“We live in divisive times.”
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 07:33:03 AM »

I bet they'll market this one better.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 08:33:07 AM »

Couldn't be marketed any worse.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »

please quit blaming BW's chart failure on poor marketing.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 10:54:51 AM »

Speaking as one who was disappointed in the final product, I still think the marketing was terrible.  If it had been better would it have sold more?  Well, we'll never know. As for the new one, I'm not interested in Disney, particularly the syrupy, sappy stuff, but I'll buy it because it's Bri (after all, I bought Dylan's Christmas album because it was Bob, not for the two decent songs on it) - but someone please tell me when it comes out in case I miss it!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »

please quit blaming BW's chart failure on poor marketing.

Nobody on this thread has blamed marketing on BWRG's chart failure, at least not yet. It was marketed poorly once the album was released. That's all anybody's saying as of now.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »

Also, "Must Be Santa" is an awesome song. I think Brian should have returned the favour of Dylan guesting on "Spirit of Rock and Roll" and showed up on that late-career gem! LOL
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 06:51:29 PM »

So how many copies of BWRG have sold so far?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 10:27:10 PM »

So how many copies of BWRG have sold so far?

Less than 100,000 worldwide.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 10:58:48 PM »

Yikes....it sold less than The Wilsons?! By comparison, how much (or little!) did GIOMH sell?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 11:46:29 PM »

Yikes....it sold less than The Wilsons?! By comparison, how much (or little!) did GIOMH sell?

Roughly the same.

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 11:58:47 PM »

To be fair, all albums sell much worse now. The market is far smaller than it was even five years ago. Certainly smaller than it was 10 years ago.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 01:07:19 AM »

Good point...the time where physical CD sales have gone the way of the Dodo are very close...

Not a good thing. Sorry, I'm old school...I like the feel of unwrapping the sonofabitch in the car.

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 02:18:32 AM »

Good point...the time where physical CD sales have gone the way of the Dodo are very close...

Not a good thing. Sorry, I'm old school...I like the feel of unwrapping the sonofabitch in the car.

Same here. But I would predict that CDs, as do LPs, will continue to be a niche market. There will always be sound buffs and high end freaks, and lovers of the physical like you and me. The great unwashed never care for aesthetics and quality, so we must be the bearers of the torch.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 02:32:24 AM »

Same here. But I would predict that CDs, as do LPs, will continue to be a niche market. There will always be sound buffs and high end freaks, and lovers of the physical like you and me. The great unwashed never care for aesthetics and quality, so we must be the bearers of the torch.

Neil Young's foray into the sound-a-delic world of Blu-Ray seems to be half-hearted now, as hi new album has only just come out on Blu-Ray, only in the US, and has no more content than the DVD edition.  Which will seriously aggrieve fans like myself who've bought a player an Archives 1 on Blu-Ray for the supposed high quality an extra content he was selling.

Another kick in the ass for lovers of the physical.

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 05:53:11 AM »

To be fair, all albums sell much worse now. The market is far smaller than it was even five years ago. Certainly smaller than it was 10 years ago.

I have a friend at WEA, or whatever it's called now, and he just told me that industry-wide, sales are down 12.5% as compared to last year. which I imagine was down from the year previous.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 08:57:09 AM »

We're sure to sell a million units — in January!

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 09:27:03 AM »

Screw Disney...where's the rock and roll album??!!! Bathrobes, coke, grunting, Shortenin' Bread, cigarettes going pffft in the toilet, a fast rock and roll song showing up as the bridge of a slow romantic ballad, farting Moogs...

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 06:21:13 AM »

Where are all the 8 track tape collectors?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 10:40:18 AM »

Where are all the 8 track tape collectors?

Here, sir.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx