gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:16:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some rare 80s Brian stuff...  (Read 4597 times)
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »

What's the deal with this TV special? pretty hilarious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYb3MaJ4K8&NR=1

Wild Honey Everly Brothers tribute?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzuaalRMlo8&feature=related

Piano jam with Brian/Bruce/Stamos?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY_-PXpoi4U&feature=related

This stuff is coming out of the woodworks!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:36:50 PM by roll plymouth rock » Logged

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 11:47:30 AM »

The TV special songs were booted on Vigotone's "21 Little Ones" more than a decade ago -- I've never actually seen the footage. I recall someone saying the special hadn't actually been broadcast, but perhaps that's wishful thinking.

The Hutton-BW thing is genuinely new. Showed up a few weeks ago.

The "piano jam" is also referred to as the "hotel tape" and has been in circulation practically since it was recorded. Brian's "autobiography" talks about it.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 04:16:33 PM »

That piano jam is great.  I like when Brian starts playing along with Disney Girls, but it's all off.  Or I think that's what happened.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 04:50:51 PM »

The TV special songs were booted on Vigotone's "21 Little Ones" more than a decade ago -- I've never actually seen the footage. I recall someone saying the special hadn't actually been broadcast, but perhaps that's wishful thinking.

The Hutton-BW thing is genuinely new. Showed up a few weeks ago.

The "piano jam" is also referred to as the "hotel tape" and has been in circulation practically since it was recorded. Brian's "autobiography" talks about it.
Dang, I haven't seen any of this footage but I've heard it numerous times on 21 Little Ones... I didnt know the special was actually called Spirit of Rock N Roll.

Who's the band playing with him?
Must have been hired by Landy.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 04:52:39 PM »

seeing that footage really makes me miss the 80s

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 05:00:14 PM »

oh gosh, the arm swaying at the beginning of Spirit of Rock N Roll kills me.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdYb3MaJ4K8&NR=1

Unfortunate proof that we can only partially blame Mike and Bruce for the Hawaiian-shirted-goofball Beach Boys image that we all have to live with.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:05:34 PM by Erik H » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 06:03:54 PM »

I watch that and keep wishing a shirtless/drunken Dennis would burst out from backstage and take control of the situation!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:04:48 PM by Erik H » Logged
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 03:10:32 AM »

Wow, when did THAT show happen?

It really isn't that bad.  Brian takes a decent shot at being a front guy.  Some of it's sketchy, but really, way better than I would have expected.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 03:13:23 AM »

He really does do a great job, considering when it was done. If you look closely though, you can tell that he's lip synching. I noticed it during Surfer Girl.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 04:58:03 PM »

The stuff with Brian at the piano is pretty damn good though!
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »

Yeah its actually a pretty sweet video considering the era....too bad he didn't have a duet with Dion

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 10:40:12 PM »

That piano jam is great.  I like when Brian starts playing along with Disney Girls, but it's all off.  Or I think that's what happened.

i think he was finding the harmony?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx