gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:24:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: At Twilight-with BarryDavidThomson  (Read 4046 times)
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2006, 04:19:57 PM »

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3579745&q=hi

....Here is the first of the collaborative efforts. A mix of styles ...Thanks, Barry, for a fine backing track.

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
BarryDavidThomson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 01:47:37 AM »

Hey Hey, nice one Paul! Sounds great, your vocals are exelent, recorded really well too! Do you use a compressor? What settings? Cause the vocals are just right!!

Nice to hear the song like this

Cheers Paul
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 01:37:28 PM »

Thanks Barry..It means a lot when the guy who did all of the music likes it. It is a wonderful instrumental track to work with, and as far as compression, yes, light compression on the vocals as they are being recorded, and light compression added to the entire track at mixdown (with a boost in the signal)...all of the standard post-production things were applied...eq-reverb, compression-I think the hiss reduction is a nice thing that helps clean it all up. Also a widening function, like an exciter and expander is used to make it sound bigger and fatter...Paul

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 02:12:20 PM »

Are you going to contribute this to Volume 2?  If so, I might have to do some work on my tune!
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 03:43:38 PM »

for Vol 2, I'm torn between "Awake" and "I'm Broke"...I'd love to do either one. but I can't decide///

PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 03:54:39 PM »

Barry, did you notice I added staccato strings to the backing? The left channel 'sounds like jewelry'...Paul

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx