gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681444 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 06, 2024, 07:29:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fan-mix of the best of Apple Records  (Read 2614 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:42:52 PM »

If you were to choose what was the best that came out of Apple Records (you can include Beatles/solo works if you need to), but it'd be really nice to see what others thought of the other artists on Apple's label like Jackie Lomax, Mary Hopkin, Badfinger, Zapple projects, Black Dyke Mills Band, James Taylor, Billy Preston, etc. etc.

Say to fit the best on 2 discs?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 10:57:14 PM »

So I made my first disc, tried not using any Beatles/solo material for a particular mix of Apple artists only, assuming the time would take me to 25 tracks....here goes in no specific order:

Disc 1
1. Come and Get it (Badfinger)
2. Goodbye (Mary Hopkin)
3. Thingumbob (Black Dyke Mills Band)
4. Sour Milk Sea (Jackie Lomax)
5. Prayer to Spiritual Master (Radha Krisha Temple)
6. I want to Thank You (Billy Preston)
7. Those Were the Days (Mary Hopkin)
8. Illusions (Trash)
9. My Sweet Lord (Billy Preston)
10. Maybe Tomorrow (The Iveys)
11. Those Were the Days (Mary Hopkin)
12. Lovely La-De-Day (Ronnie Spector)
13. Somthings Wrong (James Taylor)
14. Baby Blue (Badfinger)
15. Another Chance that I Let Go (Splinter)
16. Ain't That Cute (Doris Troy)
17. Yellow Submarine (Black Dyke Mills Band)
18. What About You (Billy Preston)
19. Living Without Tomorrow (Hot Chocolate)
20. Govida (Radha Krisha Temple)
21. Rock of All Ages (Badfinger)
22. Golden Slumbers (Trash)
23. Thinkin' About a Ride (Jackie Lomax)
24. Tenna Harbour (Mary Hopkin)
25. No Matter What (Badfinger)

hidden track: John on Apple Records (1969)

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx