gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:50:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A John Phillips rarity for you, a Beach Boys covers CD  (Read 6337 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2010, 02:31:38 AM »

A Papa John Phillips rarity for you, a Beach Boys covers CD from 2000:

Diamonds on the Beach

John Hunter Phillips
© Copyright-John Hunter Phillips
(669910453124)

Record Label: JHP Entertainment

from http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jhphillips

16 great collector songs originally done by The Beach Boys, with all the vocal parts beautifully done by John Hunter Phillips. New CD available, "It's About Time."

Genre: Easy Listening: Soft Rock
Release Date: 2000
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 02:43:51 AM by GoogaMooga » Logged
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 02:36:09 AM »

I guess you don't know much about the Mamas and the Papas...
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 02:42:52 AM »

You mean it's not Papa John Phillips? In that case I'd like this thread deleted.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 02:44:29 AM »

@Googamooga:

Although I can higly recommend this CD, this is not the "papa" John Phillips you think it is.

EDIT:
O, and I moved your topic to the media section. I see you've been pointing out or recommending a variety of CD's the last few weeks. If you plan on continuing that, it would be best to do so in that media section.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 02:47:00 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 10:09:36 AM »

You mean it's not Papa John Phillips? In that case I'd like this thread deleted.

This is actually pretty funny; did you look at the artists's picture before you posted this?
Have you EVER looked at a pic of  John Phillips of the Mamas and Papas, to, maybe, compare what he looks like, to this guy?
Nah, I didn't think so. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 10:23:47 AM »

You should probably stop posting threads like these! Although this one was funny at least.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 04:02:53 PM »

Y'know, if someone had told me about that without having visual proof, there's no way on earth I would have believed them, because there's no way I could have imagined that anyone could be so outstandingly stupid.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jason
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 09:28:55 PM »

Papa John looks good on the cover...you'd never have guessed that he'd be DEAD a year later!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »

You should probably stop posting threads like these! Although this one was funny at least.

I agree.

are these posts meant for advertising?

it would be cool if he posted boots, their album covers, additional information and others could share their additional information and opinions.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »

Well, I never got the CD after all. Realizing my mistake, I hastened to cancel my order and the cancellation must have gotten through. I do know what Papa John looks like, I'm a Mamas and the Papas completist, but I was so focused on the name, that I didn't even notice the photo on the cover! A rushed order, a stupid impulse!  Embarrassed
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 03:02:02 PM »

Well, I never got the CD after all. Realizing my mistake, I hastened to cancel my order and the cancellation must have gotten through. I do know what Papa John looks like, I'm a Mamas and the Papas completist, but I was so focused on the name, that I didn't even notice the photo on the cover! A rushed order, a stupid impulse!  Embarrassed

Man!  That must have Crushed JHP when you canceled the order!! 
He was probably going to use that $$ to buy his children christmas presents this year...

GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 11:50:52 PM »

He was probably going to use that $$ to buy his children christmas presents this year...

JHP has probably got more money than I do! Did YOU order the CD?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »

JHP has probably got more money than I do! Did YOU order the CD?

Are you nuts? 
Oh, wait, I think he mailed me one of those. Or it was one of his other ones. I forget. 

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx