-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:11:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: headphones  (Read 6302 times)
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »

My Sennheiser HD 280 PROS have snapped into two, so Im in the market for a new pair. Comfort is important, but sound quality is more important. I was looking in the Sennheiser (454? 545?)...any recommendations?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 03:47:54 PM »

a board of musicians and music lovers, with no suggestions?

--
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »

I use KOSS stereophones mainly for the price and I've always had good experience, but I'm not an audiophile.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 06:40:57 PM »

I just bought a pair of Sony MDR-V6s. Probably not Sennheiser quality, but amazing sound for the price.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 05:27:56 PM »

Went with Sennheiser HD-598

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

--
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 09:19:17 PM »

I like orange Panasonic Ergofit earphones. Don't buy Sven/Dialog/ other brand with fabric cables. Eventually, one ear stops working. Some people find it OK - I like it when both ears work to be surrounded with music & not hear annoying people street talk.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 02:44:20 AM »

I like orange Panasonic Ergofit earphones. Don't buy Sven/Dialog/ other brand with fabric cables. Eventually, one ear stops working. Some people find it OK - I like it when both ears work to be surrounded with music & not hear annoying people street talk.

Then you must know some very, very strange people. Or Brian Wilson.

For the last fifteen/twenty years, I've used Sony MDR-V150 for my listening pleasure. Comfortable fit, totally flat response, sound just great* and cheap as chips. Also make great ear muffs.

[* caveat one: my ears aren't, of course, what they were... but they're still some good. Caveat two: I listen to the music, not the hardware and the signal path.]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:46:33 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 08:38:41 AM »

RRA1 - one year one of my kids asked for Bose headphones as a birthday gift.  When they arrived, he wanted me to hear how great they sounded.  And, he did not exaggerate. 

But, you are correct; one side seems to fail prematurely, and why Bose has a good replacement policy. 

Too bad they were not made of kryptonite!  LOL   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 10:54:01 PM »

RRA1 - one year one of my kids asked for Bose headphones as a birthday gift.  When they arrived, he wanted me to hear how great they sounded.  And, he did not exaggerate. 

But, you are correct; one side seems to fail prematurely, and why Bose has a good replacement policy. 

You got it, that's what I meant by "eventually, one ear stops working". That's very cool Bose has such policy. They care about customers. Recently got the info that there are earbuds made that shine when music plays & repeats the song rhythm. gibberish, isn't it?
I'm going to go with guitarfool's advice. AKG headphones. The number I forgot but I can search it typing poster's name & "akg".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 08:07:40 AM »

You got it, that's what I meant by "eventually, one ear stops working". That's very cool Bose has such policy. They care about customers. Recently got the info that there are earbuds made that shine when music plays & repeats the song rhythm. gibberish, isn't it?
I'm going to go with guitarfool's advice. AKG headphones. The number I forgot but I can search it typing poster's name & "akg".
RR1A - having a side of headphones fail is like losing a sock in the dryer! It renders the "pair" useless!  LOL
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 06:27:22 AM »

You got it, that's what I meant by "eventually, one ear stops working".

I understood exactly what you meant, and was expressing my amazement that anyone would consider something that was 50% useless in any way acceptable. Akin to saying "eh, my car only has three wheels, but that's OK". As for the Brian comment... need I explain ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: