gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:00:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Endless Harmony
5 - 33 (47.1%)
4 - 34 (48.6%)
3 - 2 (2.9%)
2 - 1 (1.4%)
1 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Endless Harmony  (Read 42763 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2016, 06:26:44 PM »

With all of these comps, it's like the 80's never happened. Might be nice someday to hear stripped down versions of It's Gettin' Late, Somewhere Near Japan, or ...yes...Kokomo.

Yeah, its a pity.  I know it's highly unlikely, but I'd still love to see a deluxe Still Cruisin with all of their odds and ends from the 1980s tacked on. 
Yes. They may not have been as active in the studio during the 80's, but I still like a lot of what they came up with.
KDS
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2016, 05:18:18 AM »

With all of these comps, it's like the 80's never happened. Might be nice someday to hear stripped down versions of It's Gettin' Late, Somewhere Near Japan, or ...yes...Kokomo.

Yeah, its a pity.  I know it's highly unlikely, but I'd still love to see a deluxe Still Cruisin with all of their odds and ends from the 1980s tacked on. 
Yes. They may not have been as active in the studio during the 80's, but I still like a lot of what they came up with.

Same here, the problem is that they were active enough to record songs, but not albums.  I'd love to see some of those odds and ends on a handy dandy collection.   I think they blew their chance with MiC with too much repetition.  That box set should've been an opportunity to clean the vaults rather than give us more versions of Fun Fun Fun, and the same Smile songs from GV and Smile Sessions again. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2016, 04:49:21 PM »

Same here, the problem is that they were active enough to record songs, but not albums.  I'd love to see some of those odds and ends on a handy dandy collection.   I think they blew their chance with MiC with too much repetition.  That box set should've been an opportunity to clean the vaults rather than give us more versions of Fun Fun Fun, and the same Smile songs from GV and Smile Sessions again. 
I agree with you 100%.
13thBB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2017, 08:12:33 AM »

I give it a 5 because this album and documentary is what really introduced me to the Beach Boys beyond Kokomo and Surfin USA.
Every track here is a winner, especially the ones from Dennis and the alt. version of Help Me Rhonda, which I like better than the original.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx