gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681468 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 07, 2024, 04:39:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michael McDonald is guest vocalist on new Doobie Bros album  (Read 3223 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2010, 10:33:59 AM »

I never thought I'd see Michael McDonald back with Doobie Brothers, even if only as guest vocalist on one song, this is happy news:

World Gone Crazy
Doobie Brothers | Format: Audio CD

Product Details
Audio CD (September 28, 2010)
Original Release Date: 2010
Number of Discs: 1
Label: HOR Records

amazon.com review:

Editorial Reviews
Product Description
There's no separating the unparalleled legacy of The Doobie Brothers from their upcoming release "World Gone Crazy." The Doobie Brothers have honored the broader, 40-year band's legacy with a new studio album that grows in unexpected directions. Founding members Tom Johnston and Pat Simmons are joined by longtime members John McFee and Mike Hosack. Ted Templeman, the producer behind the band biggest hits and other classics(Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Carly Simon, etc) returns to reignite the special chemistry that audiences have embraced for the past four decades.
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 11:14:55 AM »

from http://www.doobiebrothers.net/

Press Release – THE DOOBIE BROTHERS LEAP INTO CHARTS FIRST WEEK OUT WITH NEW CD
13 October, 2010 (15:39) | News | 2 comments

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                            October 8, 2010

Shock Ink (818) 932-0001

THE DOOBIE BROTHERS LEAP INTO CHARTS FIRST WEEK OUT WITH NEW CD
Immediate Press Raves Include “Album of the Year” and “Song of the Day”

(Los Angeles) World Gone Crazy, the first new album by The Doobie Brothers in 10 years on HOR Records, soared into the upper reaches of the sales charts in its very first week of release. It hit the Top 10 of Billboard’s Independent Albums chart, debuting at #8, as well as #14 on the Top Internet Albums chart. It also debuted in the Top 40 of the Billboard 200 at #39 and at #31 on the Top Digital Albums chart.

At the same time, critics are hailing the return to record by the legendary rock’n’roll group who boast 40 million albums sold over their nearly four decade career. The New York Post declared World Gone Crazy as its pick for the Grammy Award for “Album of the Year,” hailing it as “a smokin’ mix of roadhouse boogies, classic rock and country.” The Newark Star-Ledger featured the lead single “Nobody” as its “Song of the Day,” dubbing it “excellent.”

The Fort Smith Times Record noted how at a recent show “new songs from the just-released World Gone Crazy CD… all were given the cheers and whistles usually associated with a group’s most-beloved cuts.”

The new album features the singing, songwriting and guitar playing of the band’s founding frontmen Pat Simmons and Tom Johnston as well as longtime members John McFee (on guitars, violin, mandolin and banjo) and Michael Hossack (drums and percussion), plus guest appearances by former Doobie Brother Michael McDonald and the legendaryWillie Nelson. It was co-produced by Ted Templeman, who worked with the Doobies on their string of classic records from the band’s 1971 debut through such million-selling albums as Toulouse Street (double platinum), The Captain & Me, What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits (double platinum), Takin’ It to the Streets, Minute by Minute (triple platinum) and One Step Closer plus the 10 million selling Best of The Doobies.

The first single from World Gone Crazy is a rerecorded version of the group’s 1971 debut single “Nobody,” which jumped into the Top 30 of the Triple A radio chart its first week out. VH1 Classic added the video of the song, making it one of the few new songs the channel has aired, joining clips by Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi to enjoy that rare stature. The Doobies also recently appeared on VH1 Classic’s “Rock Nights.” And the band’s 1973 Top 15 hit single “China Grove” is featured in the Rock Band 3 video game released the same day as the new album.

The Doobie Brothers celebrate the release of World Gone Crazy with a three-week European tour followed by U.S. dates in November. The response to the new album and their live shows prove, as the Allentown Morning Call notes, “these guys can still rock.”

For further information go to: www.doobiebrothers.net.

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 10:45:23 AM »

I saw the Doobie Brothers last Tuesday.    A realy good show.  Tom Johnston in fine form, as were the others on tour.
I thought I would not like it without Michael McDonald but It was quite good without him or his signature songs.  Pat Simmons and the bassist covered what would have been Michael' vocals.  The original vocal blend/sound was there loud and clear.  Johnston is amazing at the age of 62, and seemed proud to have reclaimed his place front and center.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 06:48:51 AM »

Doesn't really bother me that McDonald isn't in the Doobies, all my favorie Doobies songs are from before he joined.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 03:06:13 PM »

What?Huh He's gonna ruin them AGAIN???  Tongue
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx