gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:53:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson's "I Do" for Castells  (Read 6256 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2010, 03:44:39 PM »

Best of
The Castells | Format: Audio CD

Product Details
Audio CD (December 23, 1994)
Original Release Date: 2010
Number of Discs: 1
Label: K-Tel

Track Listings
1. So This Is Love  
2. Sacred  
3. Little Sad Eyes  
4. I Get Dreamy  
5. Oh! What It Seemed To Be  
6. Dancing In The Dark  
7. Make Believe Wedding  
8. Some Enchanted Evening  
9. On The Street Of Tears  
10. Initials  
11. My Miracle  
12. Romeo  
13. Stand There Mountain  
14. Vision Of You  
15. Clown Prince  
16. Stiki De Boom Boom  
17. What Do Little Girls Dream Of  
18. I Do  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editorial Reviews
Product Description
The Castells were a male vocal quartet from Santa Rosa, California.Their sound blended light rock with elements of collegiate harmony singing and jazz, and proved popular with teenagers as well as adults. They are best remembered for their hits "Sacred" (#20 in 1961) and "So This Is Love" (#21 in 1962), both released on Era Records. They never again charted, but did continue to record for a few years, first for Warner Brothers Records, and then lastly, Decca Records. They disbanded around 1964. Member Chuck Girard was later lead vocalist of the surf rock group The Hondells, as well as other Gary Usher produced groups, and in the 1970s became a popular and pioneering CCM artist. He also wrote the liner notes for this collection. The track "I Do" on this CD was written and produced by Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 05:44:07 PM by GoogaMooga » Logged
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 04:20:56 PM »

huh?
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 04:36:05 PM »

huh?

I'm confused too. I think Usher might have produced it all except for "I Do", which was produced by Brian Wilson, I don't know if that is what they meant.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »

huh?

I'm confused too. I think Usher might have produced it all except for "I Do", which was produced by Brian Wilson, I don't know if that is what they meant.

I don't see any confusion at all, but then I gradumecated high school:
>>The track "I Do" on this CD was written and produced by Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys. <<

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 05:10:45 PM »

yeah that line at the end of the blurb is what actually made me go "huh?" when trying to figure out the topic of this thread lol
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 05:39:05 PM »

huh?

I don't see any confusion at all, but then I gradumecated high school:
>>The track "I Do" on this CD was written and produced by Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys. <<

You're right, I don't know what I was thinking. I guess Iwas just focused on the Usher name.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 05:40:27 PM by GoogaMooga » Logged
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »

I've changed the headline
oldsurferdude
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 05:55:45 PM »

I've changed the headline
While you're at it how about changing that picture of a pile of garbage to something less revolting.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »

i'll now add that the beach boys version is one of my fav beach boy songs. 
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 09:33:50 PM »

I love the song 'Little Sad Eyes'

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 01:08:13 AM »

A classy package from K-Tel. From '94 ands still in print! I'm getting it ASAP. Also need Barefoot Adventure, and the Sagittarius and Blue Marble from Sundazed, for the bonus tracks. That should bring me up to date on Mr. Usher's ceedeeography.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 10:23:55 AM »

A classy package from K-Tel.

K-Tel is still in business???!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked I don't think that's actually the Castells you're hearing...it's probably a cheap knock-off... LOL LOL LOL Also watch out for anything put out by Ronco!!!!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
pobbard
Smiley Smile Associate

My ultimate guilty pleasure

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »

I, too, love this song. The Castells version should have made to the PET PROJECTS compilation, and the BBs version should have made it to one of their (original) albums.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 02:01:30 PM »

I, too, love this song. The Castells version should have made to the PET PROJECTS compilation, and the BBs version should have made it to one of their (original) albums.
Agreed.

Heck, there could be a Pet Projects Vol.2 if anyone would be interested in making a track list...I prolly could come up with a list here in a bit.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 09:12:18 PM »

Unfortunately if you're looking for the Gary Usher-produced Castells tracks, none of them are on this compilation.  With the exception of "I Do" these are all from the group's early '60s stint with Era Records, and pre-date their association with Usher.  Very nice doo wop vocal sound, but no Gary Usher connection.  "I Do" was added to make this set appeal to a larger audience -- namely folks like the ones on this board...

Lee
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx