gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:11:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Solution  (Read 18563 times)
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 11:01:15 PM »

Amazing what people will believe when you don't add a smiley to a completely ludicrous statement.  Grin

Whoops! Well I fell for that one didn't I!! I think it's because you are usually such a straight shooter in these matters Andrew. Now if the same statement had come from that ghost guy............

I thought you were one of the few ppl who liked me? So wtf. Unless you're just being silly in which case Wow. But? DUde.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 11:11:44 PM »

Hey we're all friends here. And some of your posts are so wacky it's impossible not to like you.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:13:22 PM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 12:40:24 AM »

it'd be really fantastic to get something like this on a future rarities comp (remastered and all), but also, interview the remaining Beach Boys about this and other rarities for the liner notes or even better, an accompaniment book...and add quotes from Dennis/Carl about the particular tracks, much like the Beatles Anthology book.  Grin

Problem with that, fine idea that it is, is that while The Beatles recorded the vast percentage of their material at one studio, where it was documented in triplicate, The Beach Boys recorded at studios all over the place (different continents, even) and sometimes did the documentation retroactively, occaisionally getting it spectacularly wrong with, for instance, some of the Holland sessions.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »

Today, it's been 40 years since "My Solution" was recorded!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 02:56:58 PM »

Today, it's been 40 years since "My Solution" was recorded!

wonder if any of the living beach boys thought about that today.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »

Someone should tell them.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 04:33:51 PM »

Andrew should call up Melinda and get her to remind Brian about "My Solution" for Andrew personally!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 08:40:50 PM »

but if someone reminds Brian of the tune...then he'll remember that he used it for Happy Days and try to perform it on his next tour.  Grin

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
MBE
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 09:37:27 PM »

Played it for my girlffriend yesterday. We had a few laughs over it.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2012, 02:23:49 PM »

Just heard this for the first time. It's AWESOME, sounds kind of queen-like mixed with acid and pumpkins!! That's "my solution" for this song Razz

Where could I find a better quality... If such a thing exists...

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 02:34:24 PM »

Just heard this for the first time. It's AWESOME, sounds kind of queen-like mixed with acid and pumpkins!! That's "my solution" for this song Razz

find the picture from the session, then you'll really enjoy it..especially Brian's make-up and strange look he's giving to the rest of the guys. If I'm thinking right, I think some of the other guys are wearing masks, 1 or 2 that appeared on the IJWMFTT/Pet Sounds promo video.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2012, 03:11:17 PM »

find the picture from the session, then you'll really enjoy it..especially Brian's make-up and strange look he's giving to the rest of the guys. If I'm thinking right, I think some of the other guys are wearing masks, 1 or 2 that appeared on the IJWMFTT/Pet Sounds promo video.

Billy Hinsche is wearing the pullover rubber mask in the photo. Dennis skipped the session to go, um, trick or treating.
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 03:56:19 AM »

I like the instrumental My Solution cut in 1880...kinda sounds like a Stranglers track  Cool

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 04:00:13 AM »

I like the instrumental My Solution cut in 1880...kinda sounds like a Stranglers track  Cool

Yes. It's pretty old, just like the Stranglers. How tempus does fugit, scary...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 04:04:21 AM »

Agree that time flies, but the wonders of YT etc brings the chance to glimpse these treasures...

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2012, 04:18:19 AM »

Billy Hinsche is wearing the pullover rubber mask in the photo.

That was the long held belief until Billy suggested that it was actually Carli Munoz.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 04:34:29 AM »

Agree that time flies, but the wonders of YT etc brings the chance to glimpse these treasures...

...but I did not know that we had YT and also My Solution and The Stranglers way back in the 19th century, to be honest.

Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2012, 04:49:59 AM »

Ouch  LOL just noticed my typo  Shocked

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2012, 05:55:30 AM »

Ouch  LOL just noticed my typo  Shocked

LOL gotcha!

joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »

Jack the ripper was listening to it just before the killing spree
PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2012, 08:50:15 AM »

I'd really like it to be their profile pic on Last.FM.  Vote accordingly!

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Beach+Boys/+images/81387909
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2012, 08:56:04 AM »

Who all sings on the 1970 version? Brian, obviously, and I hear Bruce throughout. I think folks explicitly say Dennis isn't on it, but I swear that's him singing prominently on the "Success had come" parts.

I'd really like it to be their profile pic on Last.FM.  Vote accordingly!

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Beach+Boys/+images/81387909

Done.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »

I'm more than a tad surprised that the lyrics were a collaboration between Mike and Van, who'd have thunk it?

I was such a n00b.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx