-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:40:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Beware of Jolly Rancher candy!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beware of Jolly Rancher candy!  (Read 26596 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:53:44 PM »

I scared the heck out of myself last night. I was munching on Jolly Rancher candy, and I clamped my teeth together. I couldn't open my mouth. The remaining bits of candy stuck in my teeth acted like glue. For about one minute, I could not get my mouth open. Sixty seconds might seems like nothing, but it feels like three hours when your mouth is glued shut

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 11:09:30 PM »

Jeez...that's some crazy business.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 08:14:35 AM »

I scared the heck out of myself last night. I was munching on Jolly Rancher candy, and I clamped my teeth together. I couldn't open my mouth. The remaining bits of candy stuck in my teeth acted like glue. For about one minute, I could not get my mouth open. Sixty seconds might seems like nothing, but it feels like three hours when your mouth is glued shut

When I was in middle school I remember biting down really hard on a Jolly Rancher and getting my jaw stuck. I forced my jaw open (without thinking about what if this damn thing rips my tooth out) and thankfully no damage was done....but I haven't eaten too many since then. They're quite dangerous for children (easy to choke on and can obviously have bad effects on teeth).

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 02:12:16 AM »

When I was in middle school I remember biting down really hard on a Jolly Rancher and getting my jaw stuck. I forced my jaw open (without thinking about what if this damn thing rips my tooth out) and thankfully no damage was done....but I haven't eaten too many since then. They're quite dangerous for children (easy to choke on and can obviously have bad effects on teeth).

Aren't these produced by the American Dentists' Association? In a hidden bunker?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:10:45 AM »

Aren't these produced by the American Dentists' Association? In a hidden bunker?

Yes, Jolly-Ranchers along with coca-cola and tootsie-rolls!  Cheesy Personally, I find fruit and vegetables to be tasty enough that I don't even consider eating candy anymore...okay, maybe the occasional dark chocolate  Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 07:43:38 PM »

I ate Jolly Rancher & didn't experience anything close to what's been said here. Teeth can't come out if you simply bite it, y'know.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 08:07:34 PM »

I ate Jolly Rancher & didn't experience anything close to what's been said here. Teeth can't come out if you simply bite it, y'know.

Keep trying them. Maybe you'll get stuck eventually....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 08:27:59 PM »

It wasn't a 1-off thing, I ate it lots of times & still nothing.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »

I experienced the whole jaw-getting-stuck situation with jolly ranchers. Those things could rip your fillings out. Dangerous little suckers. It's a shame that the watermelon ones are so tasty.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »

I would say: "Beware of candy".

No candy is healthy, so stay away from it.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 02:15:20 PM »

Hi all,

I never ate this brand of candy.  I never intend to.  Candy is handy in times of a quick need for sugar when on a trip or one is stuck somehwere and that is all that is around.  A good snack is a platter of carrots, celery and sliced tomatoes.

Happy Friday!!!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »

Razz You duffer.  Don't be scared, go with it - it's one of the best gooey chewy lolly experiences you can have.

Down my way, we have a humble "candy" called Columbines, which are essentially rectangular chunks of caramel; nothing more, nothing less.  I pop them in the freezer until frozen, then remove an let fully thaw.  This process seems to both tighten and spread the sugars and other unknown (constituents) to create a substance not unlike silicone sealant.

Place 2 sweets on your back teeth (one on each side), then slowly chew until you feel your jaw locking  - then you're away!

Have a glass of Cointreau on stand-by - perhaps you can use it to dissolve the caramel if it's all too much. Or forget about the lollies, and just have the Cointreau. Either way, it's a delightful aperitif that goes well with most foods - even fruit, salad greens, tofu and quinoa.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 04:28:41 PM »

i luv jolly rancher candy. DON'T DISS.

i haven't eaten it in over a decade. DON'T DISS.

my hands are freezing and i'm gonna stop typing and get all snuggly under a blanket and play a 28 year old game. DON'T DISS.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:49:27 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 02:38:43 AM »

I know you also use Winamp like me. We are Winamp friends, yay! 3D

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »

I know you also use Winamp like me. We are Winamp friends, yay! 3D

Let us dance.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 09:37:09 AM »

I never understood the appeal of hard candy.  It's a lollypop, without the pop.  Or without the lolly -- whichever's funnier.

Now... taste the rainbow!

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »

I never understood the appeal of hard candy.  It's a lollypop, without the pop.  Or without the lolly -- whichever's funnier.

Now... taste the rainbow!

TASTE THE TRANS FATTY ACID

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 02:40:11 PM »

Real talk: If they said that Jolly Ranchers cause cancer directly, I think I might still eat them. Best candy out there.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 11:07:16 PM »

Good palate in candies, Mr. fan!

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 10:38:39 AM »

I think one is supposed to suck on them, not BITE them.  3D

Hey does anyone think "Beware of Jolly Rancher" would be a good title of a song?

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 05:43:11 PM »

Terrible Jolly Rancher song....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am7oJ89ezgE
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 06:34:42 PM »

Hey does anyone think "Beware of Jolly Rancher" would be a good title of a song?

Hmm….  something like this, but with more cowbell…..

All our times have come
Here, but now they're gone
They stick your teeth together
In the wind, the sun or weather
(We can be like they are)

Come on baby
(Beware the Jolly Rancher)
Baby take my hand
We'll be able to fly
Baby I'm your man