gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680776 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 02:54:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Musical  (Read 2680 times)
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Fox 2000 Wins Beach Boys Musical Pitch
By MIKE FLEMING | Friday October 1, 2010 @ 2:04pm EDT

EXCLUSIVE AND UPDATED: Fox 2000 has just beat out Universal for a pitch by Susannah Grant that Craig Zadan, Neil Meron, and John Stamos will produce. The template for the film is to do with the Beach Boys music catalog what Mamma Mia! did with Abba. According to the log line: "The story takes place in Southern California over a summer in the 60's. It's inspired by the sounds of the Beach Boys music and the beach culture of that time." The 2 studios were bidding hard on the original musical and I heard both tendered 7-figure bids for Grant's pitch. The trio of producers already teamed on a biographical ABC miniseries about the band.

/http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/studios-want-beach-boys-musical/

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx