gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 10:28:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meeting Mike and Bruce?  (Read 8578 times)
Manchini
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 01:11:59 PM »

I think it was a kind of sex thing. Do you have a large penis? That smells good?

While the obvious answers to those questions are "unimpressively average, actually" and "depends on if I have ethnic food for breakfast," the truth of the matter is I would be very disappointed if it was a sex thing.  Even if a beautiful woman awaited me, having cleverly lured me with the ruse of a fake guest list. For I had fantasized that, had I gone into the hotel room, I would be transported back in time to ML's vocal sessions for "Sumahama," but (to my excitement) only arrived in time to hear the Japanese lyrics.

It would not be the first time that I've neglected a clever, beautiful woman because of my love of late '70s Beach Boys songs.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 01:28:55 PM »

I'm with AGD on this one.  I know everyone was probably joking about questions for Mike but still...those were some freaky questions and loving the music and the band that creates it is one thing - but being a crazed stalker is another.  I try to stay on the right side of the line.  As Foskett often says "Security..."

Call me crazy but I believe the Mike and Bruce and the band should be treated respectfully by the fans.  The music has been so good to me and that is just how I wish to show my thanks.  That said, humour always has a place...

I was at the show (it was great BTW) and I had the good fortune to go backstage before and after the show and spend time with the people who bring the music to life.  It was good fun.  Great guys.

BTW, Bruce did NOT sing the lead to Wouldn't It Be Nice (That was Randell Kirsch and John Cowsill on dual lead).  Bruce did sing lead on Please Let Me Wonder (as well as GOK, Surfer Girl bridge, first verse of Sloop, DYWD).

Highlights for me were:
John Cowsill going mental on the drums for Summertime Blues (wonderful drummer)
Scott's lead on Ballad of Betsy (especially the vocal harmonies at the end)
Mike bass vocal work all over the place and his lead on I Get Around in particular was beautifully arrogant (His vocalswere very strong last night)
Darlin
So Young (Randell has a sweet falsetto)

But the song of the night for me was Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring.  The Jubilee is a beautiful venue with great acoustics and hearing just Mike, Bruce, Scott, and Randell a Capella was other worldly good.  Those complex harmonies slay me.  Mike intro about Ron and Nancy was quite nice and sincere too.

If I get time I'll post the full setlist later.

Going to see them again tonight and tomorrow too.  Can't get enough of this music.

Well JEEZUS~!  You obviously spend enough time here to know how much Summerinparadise.fluc wanted to get somethiing signed. Since youre obviously connected, why didn't you message him and offer to get him something  signed by the band.
It would only have been respectful. You can still do it tonight or tomorrow....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 01:53:26 PM »

The thought that Mike might be avoiding fans because he's heard that some nut may ask him if he believes in ghosts strikes me as immensely comical.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »

I still want him to sign my left buttock. What's wrong with that?
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2010, 03:46:08 PM »

You guys ARE nuts, but I like it here.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2010, 03:47:47 PM »

If Mike signed my left buttcheek I'd never wash it again.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »

The thought that Mike might be avoiding fans because he's heard that some nut may ask him if he believes in ghosts strikes me as immensely comical.

LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rogerlancelot
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 06:47:06 PM »

I'm on my way to an audition for a job but before I go...

...more things I'd love to do when or if I meet Mike Love:

- Tell him The Beach Boys were good but not as good as Wishbone Ash.

- Ask him what the lyrics to "Cabinessence" are about.

- Offer him a coupon to a hair salon.

- Ask him if he ever considered teaching dance lessons?

- Secretly dose him with acid before the concert.

- Ask him "so, what was it like hanging out with Charlie Manson?".

- Steal his hat.

Anybody want to add more to these? It's harmless fun!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »

I'm not exactly sure what I would ask Mike, but it would probably have something to do with Shawn.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 07:46:35 PM »

Mike's bass vocals are quite good at turning me on.

Shocked
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2010, 11:45:05 PM »

I'm with AGD on this one.  I know everyone was probably joking about questions for Mike but still...those were some freaky questions and loving the music and the band that creates it is one thing - but being a crazed stalker is another.  I try to stay on the right side of the line.  As Foskett often says "Security..."

Call me crazy but I believe the Mike and Bruce and the band should be treated respectfully by the fans.  The music has been so good to me and that is just how I wish to show my thanks.  That said, humour always has a place...

I was at the show (it was great BTW) and I had the good fortune to go backstage before and after the show and spend time with the people who bring the music to life.  It was good fun.  Great guys.

BTW, Bruce did NOT sing the lead to Wouldn't It Be Nice (That was Randell Kirsch and John Cowsill on dual lead).  Bruce did sing lead on Please Let Me Wonder (as well as GOK, Surfer Girl bridge, first verse of Sloop, DYWD).

Highlights for me were:
John Cowsill going mental on the drums for Summertime Blues (wonderful drummer)
Scott's lead on Ballad of Betsy (especially the vocal harmonies at the end)
Mike bass vocal work all over the place and his lead on I Get Around in particular was beautifully arrogant (His vocalswere very strong last night)
Darlin
So Young (Randell has a sweet falsetto)

But the song of the night for me was Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring.  The Jubilee is a beautiful venue with great acoustics and hearing just Mike, Bruce, Scott, and Randell a Capella was other worldly good.  Those complex harmonies slay me.  Mike intro about Ron and Nancy was quite nice and sincere too.

If I get time I'll post the full setlist later.

Going to see them again tonight and tomorrow too.  Can't get enough of this music.

Well JEEZUS~!  You obviously spend enough time here to know how much Summerinparadise.fluc wanted to get somethiing signed. Since youre obviously connected, why didn't you message him and offer to get him something  signed by the band.
It would only have been respectful. You can still do it tonight or tomorrow....

IDK if you're being sarcastic but this goes for everyone who think I'm a creep or dumby:

I'm a rock and roll man. I don't give a sh*t about what you think about me. While I wanted to meet Mike and Bruce I don't really give a sh*t about what they think of me. I'm a rock man, a cool guy. I talked to a girl once.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2010, 12:15:08 AM »

Also Rich, message me or update this thread with how the show is tonight. I'm sure it was great like last night but I wonder if there was anything different/cool about this show.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx