gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680974 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 03:50:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: David Marks new album  (Read 5736 times)
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 03:53:33 PM »

The new Beach Boys album will be a complitation of solo tracks with guest vocals from one another. Get ready for Still Still Cruisin in 2011.

I had the same idea (like a lot of us) back in 2007 - Called it "Solo Sampler"

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,4721.0.html

Yep, I remember that.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »

It would be cool if David's albums could be printed again, even short-run pressings:

- The Work Tapes
- Marks-Clifford Band
- Something Funny Going On
- The Lost Years (containing remixed/remastered version of I Think About You Often

Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 12:41:17 PM »

I still LOVE David's 'Works Tapes' collection  Grin

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 04:25:22 AM »

It would be cool if David's albums could be printed again, even short-run pressings:

- The Work Tapes
- Marks-Clifford Band
- The Lost Years (containing remixed/remastered version of I Think About You Often

There will most likely be another re-print of I Think About You Often at some point...no official plans at this time, though.  Work Tapes, SFGO and the Marks-Clifford Blues Band will not be printed again...although, some of their tracks will probably appear on another Lost Years type compilation in the future.  And don't forget, the Marksmen, The Moon and Colours are all available on Amazon and various retail outlets.

As a fair warning...the Circle Continues will be mostly a digital release, but there will be a short run of physical CDs available.  If you think you'll have any inkling to get an actual CD, I suggest you get one early on because they will go fast and there is no guarantee more will be printed up.  Anyone interest in getting one can email ReverseFalcon [at] Yahoo.com (subject Circle Continues) if you would like to be put on the waiting list to be contacted directly when its available.  I will base the # of CDs printed based on the response, so please don't assume you will be able to buy it without reserving a copy beforehand. 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 06:52:06 AM »

- The Work Tapes
- Marks-Clifford Band

There will most likely be another re-print of I Think About You Often at some point...no official plans at this time, though.  Work Tapes, SFGO and the Marks-Clifford Blues Band will not be printed again...although, some of their tracks will probably appear on another Lost Years type compilation in the future.  And don't forget, the Marksmen, The Moon and Colours are all available on Amazon and various retail outlets.

As a fair warning...the Circle Continues will be mostly a digital release, but there will be a short run of physical CDs available.  If you think you'll have any inkling to get an actual CD, I suggest you get one early on because they will go fast and there is no guarantee more will be printed up.  Anyone interest in getting one can email ReverseFalcon [at] Yahoo.com (subject Circle Continues) if you would like to be put on the waiting list to be contacted directly when its available.  I will base the # of CDs printed based on the response, so please don't assume you will be able to buy it without reserving a copy beforehand. 

INSTANT COLLECTORS ITEMS!!! 
But why stop there? You could charge a CDRL, much like the PSLs used here for Football, and make DOUBLE REVENUE. 
 YES!! 
BRI could adopt this practice and issue concerts( and more choice cuts) from their vaults. 
( Compact Disc Reservation License)
Everybody wins.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 07:14:56 AM »

Never heard even one single song of his, but I'm very curious! Which one should I check out out first (and where)? Smiley
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 09:00:05 AM »

Never heard even one single song of his, but I'm very curious! Which one should I check out out first (and where)? Smiley
There's a variety of audio clips here...
http://www.davidleemarks.com/audio.htm

Excellent performance clip here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-58jcW-cGk
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 11:06:35 AM »

Impressive! Nice Steely Dan-ish vibe.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 01:38:04 PM »

There's a variety of audio clips here...
http://www.davidleemarks.com/audio.htm

Excellent performance clip here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-58jcW-cGk

Thank you. Very different from what I expected and very intriguing too! I'm definitely going to check out some more.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx