gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:19:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Blondie Chaplin and Ricky Fataar be part of the reunion?  (Read 15922 times)
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2010, 01:00:19 PM »

... amongst the white audience as well (albeit relatively speaking, being 10% of the total population). Their version of "For Your Precious Love" was a #1 smash hit. Which caused some confusion that year. The Flames were nominated for hit of the year in '68, but the jury decided that a non-white group shouldn't be awarded...

The Flame aren't white?

Have you even seen Blondie and Ricky? Never mind Steve and Brother Fataar. Seriously?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw them live in 73. Seen their pictures on some LPs, too.
I guess what you're saying is they're not white, eh? 
I thought they were from one of the Mediterranean countries like Spain, France,Italy or Greece, maybe.
 Are you sure They're not white?
I've spent some time with Blondie...he is for sure part white, i think his mom was white. He's got pale eyes, very light skinned. His accent is Brit/Durbin...exactly like Keith Richards but with some kind of an Irish twist. So Blondie, yeah he's white and black. Ricky is a whole different thing...darker skin and eyes, but very straight hair and non native African features, he does look more Spanish. His brothers looked more African than him. The controversy surrounding The Flames in South Africa was not that they were black, it was that they were mixed. I think Bgas was alluding to this in a very existential way.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2010, 02:22:26 PM »

... amongst the white audience as well (albeit relatively speaking, being 10% of the total population). Their version of "For Your Precious Love" was a #1 smash hit. Which caused some confusion that year. The Flames were nominated for hit of the year in '68, but the jury decided that a non-white group shouldn't be awarded...

The Flame aren't white?

Have you even seen Blondie and Ricky? Never mind Steve and Brother Fataar. Seriously?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw them live in 73. Seen their pictures on some LPs, too.
I guess what you're saying is they're not white, eh? 
I thought they were from one of the Mediterranean countries like Spain, France,Italy or Greece, maybe.
 Are you sure They're not white?
I've spent some time with Blondie...he is for sure part white, i think his mom was white. He's got pale eyes, very light skinned. His accent is Brit/Durbin...exactly like Keith Richards but with some kind of an Irish twist. So Blondie, yeah he's white and black. Ricky is a whole different thing...darker skin and eyes, but very straight hair and non native African features, he does look more Spanish. His brothers looked more African than him. The controversy surrounding The Flames in South Africa was not that they were black, it was that they were mixed. I think Bgas was alluding to this in a very existential way.

thanxx Jon.

Apologies to AGD for not being clever 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »

The Flame aren't white?

Not for South African standards at the time... 

And please back on-topic now folks, I'm affraid we don't get each others jokes anymore. Use those Smileys  Smiley   Roll Eyes   Grin   Tip Toe Air Quotes   etc etc  if you think the topic might get a bit sensitive, and before you might get misunderstood....

I was always taught that the main quality of a joke was it being funny, or at least amusing. Someone acts like a moron around me, surprise !, they get treated like one.

How should we treat a condescending tiny-dick jerkoff?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2010, 02:46:44 PM »

Oooooooooooooooooooo.   Low blow.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2010, 02:54:21 PM »

Oooooooooooooooooooo.   Low blow.

S'OK - he's only making comparisons with what he's familiar with. I would, however, have expected a Global Moderator to have adopted a slightly higher tone of admonishment. Indeed, I would have expected a Global Moderator to have refrained from commenting in a thread that wasn't directed at him in the first place. Not good for the image or level of respect.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:00:50 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »

And before anyone gets pissy with me, I refuse to believe a collector of the caliber of bgas (and he's one of the very biggest).

Yeah, maybe, but he doesn't have the sheet music to "Surfin'"!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »

And before anyone gets pissy with me, I refuse to believe a collector of the caliber of bgas (and he's one of the very biggest).

Yeah, maybe, but he doesn't have the sheet music to "Surfin'"!

Hence my qualification.  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2010, 03:45:30 PM »

Oooooooooooooooooooo.   Low blow.

S'OK - he's only making comparisons with what he's familiar with. I would, however, have expected a Global Moderator to have adopted a slightly higher tone of admonishment. Indeed, I would have expected a Global Moderator to have refrained from commenting in a thread that wasn't directed at him in the first place. Not good for the image or level of respect.

I think he's as concerned with his 'image or level of respect' as you are with being an asshole most of the time.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2010, 03:56:09 PM »

I'm not sure which thought is more entertaining. Your expectations of the global moderators, or our expectations for a former honored guest.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2010, 04:44:11 PM »

Jesus friggin' shitballs... people...chill the hell out. I for one didn't find the original post funny in the least , so I can understand the reaction. With that in mind...

*everyone* needs to quit sniping at each other. Get back on topic. If someone has a problem with someone, take it to PMs.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:46:42 PM by Hickory Dichotomy® » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2010, 05:14:01 PM »

I find the Rutles funny!  LOL

It be nice, if there was no date conflict with the Stones and Bonnie, that Blondie and Ricky play
at this big free concert being discussed.  Just don't see them on a full blown tour $-wise.

Nice Brian/Blondie story here:

http://www.antonfig.com/brianwilson.htm

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2010, 05:29:41 PM »

I still do not conceive much $-wise for anyone this late in the game  to be honest.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2010, 03:41:21 AM »

Blondie for sure would be taking a pay cut to perform with The 'Boys.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2010, 06:15:48 AM »

It be nice, if there was no date conflict with the Stones and Bonnie, that Blondie and Ricky play
at this big free concert being discussed.  Just don't see them on a full blown tour $-wise.

The sample of that song sounds really good!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2010, 06:41:52 AM »

thanks for posting this. i lost my copy of this cd last year. i had not thought about it until i read this post. i went to amazon and they still had copies so i ordered one. so thanks once again..  Smiley

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »

Ricky Fataar is from South Africa but his ethnicity is "East Indian", according to Mike Love in an early '70s interview.

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »

Just went through this thread for the first time. Fascinating. Talking about a reunion that most likely will remain hypothetical. But halfway through things go awry.

I saw a headline in there:

'Famous High Brow Fan Site Collapses Under Massive Feud Over Imaginary Reunion'

...only with the Beach Boys. I need a drink.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2010, 10:45:01 AM »

I find the Rutles funny!  LOL

at this big free concert being discussed.  Just don't see them on a full blown tour $-wise.

thanks for posting this. i lost my copy of this cd last year. i had not thought about it until i read this post. i went to amazon and they still had copies so i ordered one. so thanks once again..  Smiley

You're welcome Steve!  It does sound awesome!

the album is also on iTunes. Blondie also sings lead on two other tracks; "Home" and "Utopia".
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:52:50 AM by SurfRiderHawaii » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2010, 12:43:58 PM »

I have a tiny dick as well.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, your condition is incurable but not terminal.

rogerlancelot
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »

Don't they have surgical penis enlargements available?  Cool
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2010, 01:19:37 PM »

Don't they have surgical penis enlargements available?  Cool

You have to get Mikie to handle that end !
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 01:20:39 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »

I'm happy the way I am.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
Jason
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2010, 07:17:58 PM »

It's not the size of your tube snake, but rather how well you make it spit.  Wink
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2010, 08:21:22 PM »

Damn! You can get away with pretty much anything on this board! Even the "Global Moderator" chimes in with risque stuff! I thought this was a family board. What do you guys "moderate" anyway? Just fights between posters? I wanna be a Global Moderator too! 

Aaahhh, the POWER!  Grin

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx