gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:54:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Blondie Chaplin and Ricky Fataar be part of the reunion?  (Read 15924 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 06:59:52 PM »

In which case, would Blondie leave the Rolling Stones touring band and join the Beach Boys in a reunion?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »

In which case, would Blondie leave the Rolling Stones touring band and join the Beach Boys in a reunion?
Leave a more steady, well-paying gig to be treated more or less as a sideman/third-rate member with a volatile band who can't even agree on whether they want to do anything and is unlikely to do more than a couple of shows, tops, ever again? Why would he? So the half dozen message board enthusiasts around the world will cheer when he makes it more "authentic" (to those few years he had anything to do with this band with a five-decade life)? I think not.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 08:13:30 PM »

Leave a more steady, well-paying gig to be treated more or less as a sideman/third-rate member with a volatile band who can't even agree on whether they want to do anything and is unlikely to do more than a couple of shows, tops, ever again? Why would he? So the half dozen message board enthusiasts around the world will cheer when he makes it more "authentic" (to those few years he had anything to do with this band with a five-decade life)? I think not.

Well, we know that Al would like to do a major tour, but that still leaves out the other guys. Say for instance the Rolling Stones only tour one last time, that's of course two years on the road, but if the Beach Boys do a world tour, that would also be lucrative for Blondie. It depends how he feels about the Beach Boys gig and his role as a one time full member of the band. He's got no history with the Rolling Stones other than the last tour, I don't think.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 09:11:27 PM »

]Leave a more steady, well-paying gig to be treated more or less as a sideman/third-rate member

Blondie's a sideman/third-rate member with the Stones! 

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 11:22:06 PM »

Desper has said that the 2nd album is better than the 1st, with more elaborate production and superior melodies. Very high on the list of frustrating non-releases! Perhaps his efforts will pay off one of these days. I'm not holding my breath though. Cry

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
jeremylr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 11:39:03 PM »

Blondie's been with the Stones at least since the "Bridges To Babylon" album in 1997.  He was pretty much a utility player then, playing keys, bass, doing vocals, various percussion, but the Stones have always underutilized his talent.  He certainly doesn't get enough credit.

Regardless, he's a superb musician & vocalist.  In a perfect world, Blondie & Ricky would do at least 1 major concert with the BB.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 02:03:47 AM »

To sing the lead on  "Don't Worry Baby" - Adrian Baker.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 02:24:04 AM »

To sing the lead on  "Don't Worry Baby" - Adrian Baker.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank gawd for the vooooice of reason!

“We live in divisive times.”
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 02:45:30 AM »

Desper has said that the 2nd album is better than the 1st, with more elaborate production and superior melodies. Very high on the list of frustrating non-releases! Perhaps his efforts will pay off one of these days. I'm not holding my breath though. Cry

Please do not quote me on this but I'm positive I read an interview with Mr. Desper about a year ago somewhere on the web in which he said that he had the tapes for the second album and had a few years prior, approached Brother for clearance to release them. In a nutshell they said no and that any means to get them released independently would result in legal action. Again my memory is shaky so I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:38:29 AM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 03:15:45 AM »

I'd say the only CD reissue of anything Flame that was a LEGAL CD was the 1994 South African "Best of the Flames".

That might have tracks from the second album. I'll look for it.

If it's a straight reissue of the 1969 Trutone compilation, no. You don't seem to quite understand. The 2nd Flame album, recorded in the USA, was never released anywhere,

Nope, totally different compilation. Long OOP, but if you happen to visit SA, and you ask around in CD-shops, you still have a (small) chance of finding a copy.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 03:17:06 AM »

Who's got the rights to the second album? If they were the biggest band in South Africa, there must be a market for this stuff. I quite like the Flame CD I've got, but it was a needle drop and rather muddy at that.

They were very big in South Africa - among the non-white audience. Then they left to try their luck overseas, got noticed by The BB and ended up in the US. I'm guessing Brother owns the rights to the 2nd album, although possession being nine points of the law, Steve Desper would have a very, very good claim as he's been the guardian of those tapes since 1970, not to mention producing them.

... amongst the white audience as well (albeit relatively speaking, being 10% of the total population). Their version of "For Your Precious Love" was a #1 smash hit. Which caused some confusion that year. The Flames were nominated for hit of the year in '68, but the jury decided that a non-white group shouldn't be awarded...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 05:19:18 AM »

... amongst the white audience as well (albeit relatively speaking, being 10% of the total population). Their version of "For Your Precious Love" was a #1 smash hit. Which caused some confusion that year. The Flames were nominated for hit of the year in '68, but the jury decided that a non-white group shouldn't be awarded...

The Flame aren't white?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 06:20:34 AM »

With the Stones, Blondie's played keys, bass, doing vocals, various percussion, but the Stones have always underutilized his talent.  He certainly doesn't get enough credit. Regardless, he's a superb musician & vocalist. 

Very true.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 07:18:48 AM »

Is Manson still alive? He could get on stage to sing Cease to Exist.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 07:34:49 AM »

Is Manson still alive? He could get on stage to sing Cease to Exist.

I don't think the BBs are doing prison shows any more

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 09:27:36 AM »

Hey, they did wonders for Johnny Cash's career.  Grin

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 10:55:47 AM »

The Flame aren't white?

Have you even seen Blondie and Ricky? Never mind Steve and Brother Fataar. Seriously?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 11:12:17 AM »

The Flame aren't white?

Have you even seen Blondie and Ricky? Never mind Steve and Brother Fataar. Seriously?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw them live in 73. Seen their pictures on some LPs, too.
I guess what you're saying is they're not white, eh? 
I thought they were from one of the Mediterranean countries like Spain, France,Italy or Greece, maybe.
 Are you sure They're not white?

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 11:25:39 AM »

Oh my god
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 11:30:41 AM »

The Flame aren't white?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw them live in 73. Seen their pictures on some LPs, too.
I guess what you're saying is they're not white, eh? 
I thought they were from one of the Mediterranean countries like Spain, France,Italy or Greece, maybe.
 Are you sure They're not white?

Anyone else around here getting a tad concerned about this sudden outbreak of rampant stupidity ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »

And before anyone gets pissy with me, I refuse to believe a collector of the caliber of bgas (and he's one of the very biggest) doesn't know that The Flame were colored South Africans, so therefore I have to assume he's playing the part of a mentally handicapped person just for the hell of it. As a friend's father used to say, "not big, not clever".  Angry

Jason
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2010, 11:52:42 AM »

That's some fodido up repugnant merda, motherfucker.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »

The Flame aren't white?

Not for South African standards at the time... 

And please back on-topic now folks, I'm affraid we don't get each others jokes anymore. Use those Smileys  Smiley   Roll Eyes   Grin   Tip Toe Air Quotes   etc etc  if you think the topic might get a bit sensitive, and before you might get misunderstood....

Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2010, 12:11:45 PM »

Interesting thread...I would love to see both be part of the reunion, if it happens.  But I concur about Mike Kowalski AND Adrian Baker...long time members or not, they just don't belong there!  Mike K is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, but his drumming was never really up to par in the 90's and 00's.  And Adrian has a better Frankie Valli voice than Frankie does, but 60's Brian Wilson he ain't!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2010, 12:59:22 PM »

The Flame aren't white?

Not for South African standards at the time... 

And please back on-topic now folks, I'm affraid we don't get each others jokes anymore. Use those Smileys  Smiley   Roll Eyes   Grin   Tip Toe Air Quotes   etc etc  if you think the topic might get a bit sensitive, and before you might get misunderstood....

I was always taught that the main quality of a joke was it being funny, or at least amusing. Someone acts like a moron around me, surprise !, they get treated like one.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx