gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 08:17:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian and The BB's in Oz at the same time!!  (Read 3294 times)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2010, 09:39:59 PM »

The Beach Boys play on the Gold Coast on the 23rd of October and Brian is playing in Sydney on the 27th any chance they will unite at either venue??

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 02:46:22 AM »

The Beach Boys play on the Gold Coast on the 23rd of October and Brian is playing in Sydney on the 27th any chance they will unite at either venue??

Sorry, no.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 02:57:29 AM »

Yeah I doubt it - it would be cool though. When is Brian playing in Sydney? I thought he was only playing a gig in Melbourne? I'd love to go see him again if he is in Sydney but I don't recall reading anything about it.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 03:00:12 AM »

Those gigs are 4 days and 530 miles apart, so it's not like they're around the corner from each other.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 03:01:31 AM »

Yeah I doubt it - it would be cool though. When is Brian playing in Sydney? I thought he was only playing a gig in Melbourne? I'd love to go see him again if he is in Sydney but I don't recall reading anything about it.

It was announced yesterday that he was joining the America/Chicago/Frampton tour for three more dates:

10/29  Wollongong WIN Entertainment Centre NSW
10/30  Brisbane Riverstage (Botanic Gardens) QLD
  11/6  Hunter Valley Hope Estate Winery NSW

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 03:02:09 AM »

I was blunt, but given my knowledge about these matters, I can't for the life of me imagine a surprise reunion just because they are several hundred miles apart. The latter must have occurred numerous times already in the U.S., I gather.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 03:31:24 AM »

Brian, Al, Mike, Bruce, Dave and a bunch of others (Ricky, Blondie among them) all coincidentally met up in the pub in our village last night.  They all ate together and had a great laugh but, just as Brian was about to lead them in an acapella rendition of Their Hearts were Full of Spring, Mike started shouting something and the landlord threw them out for making too much noise.  Apparently it was just a ploy to get out of paying the bill. But as they walked off down the street I heard Mike invite Brian to join the Beach Boys on stage at the Gold Coast gig. Brian said, "Sure, I'll do it if the other guys come along too – we could do some of the early 70s rock and roll that so kicked-ass!"  I didn't hear the others' replies (Macca and Clapton were throwing up noisily over the bridge parapet) but I reckon it might be worth getting a ticket for that gig, just in case.

I wish I could be there.

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 03:33:17 AM »

Brian, Al, Mike, Bruce, Dave and a bunch of others (Ricky, Blondie among them) all coincidentally met up in the pub in our village last night.  They all ate together and had a great laugh but, just as Brian was about to lead them in an acapella rendition of Their Hearts were Full of Spring, Mike started shouting something and the landlord threw them out for making too much noise.  Apparently it was just a ploy to get out of paying the bill. But as they walked off down the street I heard Mike invite Brian to join the Beach Boys on stage at the Gold Coast gig. Brian said, "Sure, I'll do it if the other guys come along too – we could do some of the early 70s rock and roll that so kicked-ass!"  I didn't hear the others' replies (Macca and Clapton were throwing up noisily over the bridge parapet) but I reckon it might be worth getting a ticket for that gig, just in case.

I wish I could be there.

Did Brian mention wheeling in some Moogs for a couple of surprises? And did he mention his wife and his managers?

Paulos
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 04:23:47 AM »

How big were the Beach Boys in Australia in their heyday? (I'm going to Oz next February to live and work for a year, cant wait.)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 05:10:55 AM »

Sand, Surf, The beach, girls and cars.. They were pretty cool i would say. Cottonfields was a hit as well!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 06:54:23 AM »

Official Australian dates for Brian this fall, as officially sanctioned by The Bloo:

October 29, 2010: Wollongong Ent Centre (w/ Chicago, America, Peter Frampton)
October 30, 2010: Brisbane Riverstage (w/ Chicago, America, Peter Frampton)

November 1, 2010: Intimate Arena inside Ethiad Stadium, Melbourne (w/ Chicago, America, Peter Frampton)
November 3, 2010: Adelaide Ent Centre in Theatre Mode
November 5, 2010: Enmore Theatre, Sydney
November 6, 2010: Hope Estate Winery, Hunter Valley (w/ Chicago, America, Peter Frampton)

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 07:31:48 AM »

It was announced yesterday that he was joining the America/Chicago/Frampton tour for three more dates:

10/29  Wollongong WIN Entertainment Centre NSW
10/30  Brisbane Riverstage (Botanic Gardens) QLD
  11/6  Hunter Valley Hope Estate Winery NSW

Thanks Andrew, I'll have to look into getting some tickets then!
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 10:59:04 AM »

A snow balls chance in ...er, Sydney.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 02:02:25 AM »

I am fantasizing about Brian discovering the Jappio Tube. And being so fond of it that he'll build the whole Pleasure Island album around it.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx