gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:30:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Really, really, really really bad BB videos  (Read 17866 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 11:05:48 PM »

Actually, the "Summer Of Love" one is worth watching for Brian's permanent "WTF ?" expression.  Grin

Grin I knew someone was going to mention that.

This one's pretty tasteful, to be fair:

Somewhere Near Japan (45 mix)

Agreed. And I kinda like the California Dreamin' clip as well.

But what about Status Quo and the BB doing Fun Fun Fun ?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 12:25:13 AM »

I left out SNJ and CD because I consider them good videos.

For the tiny few that made it that far, at the end of It's Getin' Late Brian has a quick cameo. He picks up the magic shell left by the surf genie and holds it to hs ear. A brief snatch of Callifornia Calling is heard. Strong evidence that this was at one time intended to be the next single?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 01:37:37 AM »

For the tiny few that made it that far, at the end of It's Getin' Late Brian has a quick cameo.

Guilty...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 01:47:09 AM »

The only one I couldn't physically get to the end of was "Happy Endings" even with the sound off. The animation budget looked like they had about $20 to spend. Still it will go down in history as being the only place you can watch a cartoon Mike Love meditating on a lillypad before he's interupted by a frog leaping into his lap which he then proceeds to cuddle. Seriously I am not making this up.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 02:08:21 AM »

Don't forget this "gem." The song is classic, but the first minute or so is about as painful as you can get. The Landy years keep offering up treasures ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFFGvqSBoAk

Keep watching for the tiny shorts at the very end ...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:10:47 AM by Wirestone » Logged
Curtis Leon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 02:46:22 AM »

Please don't libel me by suggesting I've listened to any of The Beach Boys' albums in their entirety beyond Love You. (I admit that I've tried but... I just can't do it!) I guess this doesn't make me enough of a hardcore fan. I'm sorry y'all. Sad

I haven't listened to a whole album past Beach Boys '85, so no problems there. Smiley
GLarson432
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 03:24:12 AM »

Ron.  I'm sory but this just drives me crazy.  'It's ridiculous', not rediculous.  Just so you know.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2010, 03:27:18 AM »

A while ago i saw on YouTube a vid that had Mike singing a Christmas duet with a female singer, possibly from a TV show. The song and vid were bad enough but puffed-up Mike was singing well out of tune, making it unlistenable. Can't recall the title... anyone?

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 04:02:38 AM »

A while ago i saw on YouTube a vid that had Mike singing a Christmas duet with a female singer, possibly from a TV show. The song and vid were bad enough but puffed-up Mike was singing well out of tune, making it unlistenable. Can't recall the title... anyone?

May the Lord look sideways on my soul (a saying of my grandmother's...) but I know what that is without even thinking about it.  Huh  It's from the 1983 Hitbound album Christmas Party and the track is "Do You Hear What I Hear ?" with Mary McGregor. The video is Scrooge's Rock & Roll Christmas, starring Jack Elam and all the artists on said album.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 04:03:43 AM »

Don't forget this "gem." The song is classic, but the first minute or so is about as painful as you can get. The Landy years keep offering up treasures ...

Landy: "Come on Brian, two more miles and then I'll let you have a few hits off a joint!"

What was this video shot for?

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 04:05:47 AM »

May the Lord look sideways on my soul (a saying of my grandmother's...) but I know what that is without even thinking about it.  Huh  It's from the 1983 Hitbound album Christmas Party and the track is "Do You Hear What I Hear ?" with Mary McGregor. The video is Scrooge's Rock & Roll Christmas, starring Jack Elam and all the artists on said album.

I am soooooo going to youtube to check this out the second I have posted this.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 04:13:12 AM »

Landy: "Come on Brian, two more miles and then I'll let you have a few hits off a joint!"

What was this video shot for?

The opening credits explain (if you're as old as I am and cursed with a pointlessly retentive memory for complete trivia) - there was this odd collection of 'new' videos for classic songs called Deja View - The Ultimate 60s Party Video, released about 1990. Don't think it ever made it to DVD (well, legally, anyway). It's on amazon.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 04:13:41 AM »

I couldn't find it! However I did manage to uncover this little beauty.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RryIroTqs-k

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 04:16:57 AM »

I couldn't find it! However I did manage to uncover this little beauty.............

Couldn't find the visual, but the track's there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRyuASnwoD4

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 04:18:01 AM »

Visual must have been taken down (by the health authorities, maybe). That's all I could find too.

“We live in divisive times.”
Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

I have a License To Quill

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010, 04:43:53 AM »

Couldn't find the visual, but the track's there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRyuASnwoD4

It played fien for me. They are just having some fun in this one.

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGD

Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

I have a License To Quill

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 04:46:54 AM »

For the tiny few that made it that far, at the end of It's Getin' Late Brian has a quick cameo.

Guilty...

Yes, Brian is listening to my favorite track from their 1985 album. too. "California Calling". I wish they made a video for THAT one.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 05:22:19 AM »

You know how one of the main gripes people have against Mike is his willingness to rewrite Kokomo again and again? Well gentlemen I give you.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6U2ubpBd28

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2010, 05:53:58 AM »

Ok, no more after this one I promise, but this just HAD to be shared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMx-2Aasrpg&feature=related

Not BB's per se but... sorry words can't begin to describe this. .. Not only will I never be able to view the original classic in the same light again, but it's making me question the sanctuary of the whole universe.....  
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:58:15 AM by mikes beard » Logged

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 06:00:18 AM »

Ok, no more after this one I promise, but this just HAD to be shared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMx-2Aasrpg&feature=related

Not BB's per se but... sorry words can't begin to describe this. .. Not only will I never be able to view the original classic in the same light again, but it's making me question the sanctuary of the whole universe.....  

would it make you feel better if I removed it?  Roll Eyes

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 06:18:31 AM »

Too late. Already scarred for all eternity!!!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 06:51:51 AM by mikes beard » Logged

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2010, 06:25:56 AM »

Ron.  I'm sory but this just drives me crazy.  'It's ridiculous', not rediculous.  Just so you know.

Well, just so YOU know, it's "sorry", not "sory".  Also, you put the apostrophe in the wrong place to begin the second sentence, but I'm willing to let that one slide. 

No offense taken... but maybe you should lighten up a bit Smiley
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2010, 06:27:34 AM »

Visual must have been taken down (by the health authorities, maybe).

LOL
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2010, 07:55:10 AM »

1980's was the decade for cheese and the 'Boys weren't the only or worse culprits by far.

You may be right, but afaik they were the only major rock-act that inspired countless other artists, that was once being hailed as one of the greatest groups in the world with a legacy second to none, that got down to that level of cheese. Of course I could be wrong but I don't know of another act of that caliber to go down this way and foder with it's own legacy.

I wonder how a major act as the Beach Boys couldn't get a decent music video done. Still good to see them in high quality during those years. There's not too much other stuff...
Part of the reason was simply that most of those other acts that fit that category either ceased to exist (Beatles) or weren't being played in mtv (Dylan).

The Rolling Stones had some videos. Although not necessarily works of art, they're videos managed to keep them looking kinda good at least. Or didn't try to make them look like something they obviously weren't. just my opinion of course

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Paulos
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2010, 09:18:16 AM »

Wow, I sat through ALL of those videos this afternoon and I'm still in shock, not sure which one is the worst but at this point I'm leaning toward Crocodile Rock with Problem Child a close second.

Also, before today I had never heard Happy Endings, Crocodile Rock and Problem Child and now i wish I never had, I can only take the fanboy thing so far!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx