gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680720 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 06:50:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has anybody ever seen this footage?  (Read 13232 times)
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2006, 02:04:18 PM »

I've been looking at all these Beach Boys videos on YouTube for the past few days now, some great stuff here. I think the ShinDig footage has been my favorite that with Wendy, When I Grow Up, and the Brian footage on Leno promoting SMiLE and WIRWFC. Those were some really great performances of "H&V" and "GV" on Leno.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2006, 09:16:47 PM »

Brian's hand motions/actions are just as bad as Mike Love's

Well, where do you think Brian learned that crap in the first place!?!

He picked it up from the Lovester, that's who.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2006, 04:39:32 AM »

Haha I was JUST watching that a second ago.

He's doing the tambourine parts without one and laughing about it as well.

Mike looks like he was zapped right out of 1860.

They look stoned out of their heads in that video. No wonder noone took them seriously, it was the worst lip syched performence of all-time! And some people here actually think they would have continued fine without Brians music. Haha not. They also match this performence with Do It Again on a different youtube clip.

I like that clip very much. They look cool, the only thing I don't like very much is Al's and Mike's moving at the beginning, then looking to someone off-camera and stop doing the movings, as if they were told not to do.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Evenreven
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2006, 05:24:03 AM »

They had to be the least cool group ever - bald, fat, short, strange shaped heads, they had everything, including the worst miming drummer on the planet!
I think the Wilsons look really groovy, though. Carl and Dennis had great hair in '64 and '65. Brian's didn't look fantastic until around Pet Sounds and SMiLE, but then he was The Coolness.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx