gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:22:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are there any pictures of Bruce Johnston with a moustache?  (Read 50874 times)
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 11:39:22 AM »

1980: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLqvRpN_bSE

check out at around 1:43

OK, these pics are a bit unclear, one can see it better on YT... but I didn't know Bruce had a bit of a rough look those days.

On this video, Carl's performance on "Oh, Darlin'" is just amazing...one of my favorite songs...would be great to hear that one again! 

Click the link then!

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2010, 11:48:49 AM »

Sorry that I was not clear...I meant "live" in concert...

Carl did such a fabulous job with that (and every) song!

zeroninety
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2010, 01:01:55 PM »

Good LORD!  LOL

The number of truly terrible BB pics is staggering!
lupinofan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »

Good LORD!  LOL

Wasn't Al the clean-living one? He looks as though he's halfway through a year of bong hits on this one!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2010, 06:45:26 PM »

Good LORD!  LOL

This must have been part of a photo session circa 1971-perhaps Reprise-that was included in a set of large (27x22) b/w cardboard thick posters that included T-Rex, Jimi, Greatful Dead, Joni, Van Morrison, Zappa, Neil Young, Gordon Lightfood and James Taylor-all Warners artists at the time. The BB pic is alot better in the set than this one. I get alot of good comments about them.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2010, 07:27:39 PM »

Steve Desper took the above picture and another one on the back steps of Brian's Bellagio house during a recording session in 1971. The other picture, with Brian looking into the camera, was published and made into a Warner/Reprise promo poster (22" x 27" with a cardboard backing as Suferdude says). Before I framed mine and put it behind glass, I could faintly see "U.S. Army" on the front of Al's shirt - an attempt had been made to airbrush it out.

If anyone out there has this poster, Steve Desper would really love to have it. I told him I will leave mine to him in my will when I die.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:37:34 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2010, 08:26:25 AM »

Steve Desper took the above picture and another one on the back steps of Brian's Bellagio house during a recording session in 1971. The other picture, with Brian looking into the camera, was published and made into a Warner/Reprise promo poster (22" x 27" with a cardboard backing as Suferdude says). Before I framed mine and put it behind glass, I could faintly see "U.S. Army" on the front of Al's shirt - an attempt had been made to airbrush it out.

If anyone out there has this poster, Steve Desper would really love to have it. I told him I will leave mine to him in my will when I die.
How did you obtain that poster? Do you have the set? Just curious.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2010, 09:14:01 AM »

I got the black & white poster from a record store called "Record Factory" in the early 70's. They hadn't even put it up on the wall yet and I asked them for it. I got the same picture (8x10 glossy) in a press kit from the Beach Boys business office on N. Ivar in Hollywood in the early 70's. That's where I got my Surf's Up promo poster too. That one was a little harder to get! The Warner/Reprise press kit has 8x10 pictures of Brian, Mike, Al, Dennis, Carl, and Bruce, circa 1970. 

I hadn't seen the alternate picture before until this thread.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:11:49 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »

I've got the Surf's Up poster as well-signed by of all people ML.  Its gettin pretty raggity, though-almost 40 years ago. Old Man
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2010, 10:01:08 AM »

Is there a photo of Brian with a moustache only? That would be fun (or not, depending on your taste...).

Another 'tache question: were there other rock stars apart from that guy in Sparks, who had the guts to sport a Hitler moustache?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2010, 10:37:38 AM »

Is there a photo of Brian with a moustache only? That would be fun (or not, depending on your taste...).

Well..........I'm into women, myself.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2010, 10:38:26 AM »

Another 'tache question: were there other rock stars apart from that guy in Sparks, who had the guts to sport a Hitler moustache?

Some guy in G.G Allen and The Murder Junkies had a Hitler mustache. Oh wait, you said star.....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:39:53 AM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2010, 10:51:11 AM »

Is there a picture of Marilyn with a mustache? Or is it something you can only see close-up with the sun hitting it a certain way?
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »

Quelle question, cher monsieur! That would have been in such poor taste...(a Hitlerian stache - eeewww!)

But the "Dr. Zhivago" (my favorite movie!) Omar Sharif look mustache was pretty popular at that time!  Wink

The photogs should have seen the Boys were well rested and not jet-lagged...IMHO

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 11:11:16 AM »

I've got the Surf's Up poster as well-signed by of all people ML.  Its gettin pretty raggity, though-almost 40 years ago. Old Man

Damn, Surferdude!  You have a rare Surf's Up poster and you had Mike Love sign it? That sucker was worth some big bucks until you did that! Probably devalued it by about $100.....

phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »

Some guy in G.G Allen and The Murder Junkies had a Hitler mustache. Oh wait, you said star.....

That has to be his brother Merle. What a family...
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2010, 05:04:20 PM »

Damn, Surferdude!  You have a rare Surf's Up poster and you had Mike Love sign it? That sucker was worth some big bucks until you did that! Probably devalued it by about $100.....

I'm confused. You mean there was a time oldsurferdude, when you actually liked Mike Love?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2010, 08:03:44 PM »

I'm confused. You mean there was a time oldsurferdude, when you actually liked Mike Love?
It was taken backstage and came back with "to Sherry...Mike Love". We were hoping for Dennis or Carl or both to sign it-she was happy with Mike's scribble but Dennis had smiled at her a few times (she was beautiful) and she kind of hoped he'd be the one to sign it.

Didn't we all like Mike in the beginning? I did. He hadn't pulled any of his stunts and the band wasn't turned into an oldies jukebox. He just became more tacky and evil as the years went by. Genuine slime ball by all accounts.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2010, 09:28:35 PM »

Oldsurferdude, I was joking about Mike's autograph on the Surf's Up poster. It wouldn't matter who's autograph is on that thing. Just having that poster is really something to have in the collection. I only know of three in existence - yours, mine, and a friend of mine. Maybe someone who posts here has one or has seen one, but over the years I haven't seen one offered for sale in Goldmine, Discoveries, Record Collector, or Ebay.

summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2010, 10:21:07 PM »

His name is Merle and is GG's brother. Show some respect.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2010, 10:20:29 AM »

I remember seeing that documentary on GG a few years back. All I'm gonna say is if my wedding tackle was that minuscule you wouldn't catch me performing butt nekidd on stage.

summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2010, 10:24:31 AM »

But man the music. The music was the greatest, rock hard, bulbous, 16 foot long schlong penetrating the minds of a generation. *genlty tugs ascot and moves towards a phonogram. Begins cranking as the sweet sounds of "Suck My Ass It Smells" permeate the room*

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2010, 10:28:54 AM »

I bet Mike wishes he could write lyrics as deep and poetic as "Suck My Ass it Smells".  LOL

summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2010, 10:33:01 AM »

Pray, Mike, have you ever written anything as beautiful as Expose Yourself to Kids?

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2010, 01:29:25 AM »

I remember seeing that documentary on GG a few years back. All I'm gonna say is if my wedding tackle was that minuscule you wouldn't catch me performing butt nekidd on stage.

...but couldn't that be exactly why he did what he did?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx