gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 06:31:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brianisms Appreciation Thread  (Read 102487 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 26, 2016, 07:10:07 AM »

PF - that was lame joke.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:33:35 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2016, 04:50:14 AM »

A YouTube version. Thumbs Up

https://youtu.be/dxjGOM9w0wo
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 03, 2016, 05:15:27 AM »

->BRIANISMS in air, B.!!<-
This is my favourite palindrome ever! Smiley

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 15, 2017, 11:09:42 AM »

“This is not rock-n-roll, this is art.”

Fresno, Pet Sounds Tour 2017

http://www.fresnobee.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article178633231.html
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 24, 2018, 10:44:13 AM »

A quote from Andrew Sandoval during his appearance on The Best Show (around the 1:10:00 mark): “I’ve got a friend who works for Brian Wilson and he said ‘Hey Brian. I’m going to see the Monkees tonight. My friend Andrew got me some tickets. Do you want to go?’ And he said ‘No. But could you buy me a hot dog?’”

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: February 24, 2018, 11:02:44 AM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 13, 2018, 11:36:19 AM »

Question:After 25 years what’s the best way for the band to stay together.

Brian:  Well just don’t hang out together.  LOL

2.30 mark.

https://youtu.be/fa59eqdprF8
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 13, 2018, 05:39:30 PM »

Question:After 25 years what’s the best way for the band to stay together.

Brian:  Well just don’t hang out together.  LOL

2.30 mark.

https://youtu.be/fa59eqdprF8

Wheeling Moon?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: September 07, 2020, 09:14:33 AM »

Was looking on youtube and saw this in the comments:

gary miramon
I was working at Tower Records in the early 80's when Brian Wilson walked in in his bathrobe, wielding a Darth Vader toy sword & wacked a woman in her butt ! Her boy friend exploded: we told him it was Brian Wilson . He said "wow" & walked out with Brian's autograph! Love those days ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In0lZ_pNPbU

Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: September 07, 2020, 05:23:05 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2020, 01:37:07 PM »

I posted this in the media section of the board but had to post it here as well, sorry.

Fascinating interview, even if a little strange. Great moment at 33:15 mins.

Q: "Is there a piece of music that you could play that makes you very spiritual? Something that you really like to play, that means something to you."
- Brian turns to the piano, lays his hands on the keyboard and says: "No. Actually not." And turns away from the piano.  LOL LOL  "But I'll play something." He then proceeds to play "Shortnin' bread"   Grin

Not to mention 56:00, Brian to Elvis Costello:
"Clickety-clack goes the Bacharach"

Also a couple of nice words about Blondie, Ricky and The Flame at the end of the first video.

From The Bob Hanes Collection - Brian Wilson Documentary Raw Footage - Brian w Elvis Costello

Brian talks about everything from rock and roll to God. No not Phil Spector although Brian talks about him a lot. He pretty much bares his soul in this interview and is very candid. I love seeing Brian so talkative. this also includes a portion of an interview Brian did for KROQ in Sacramento.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EneBzWgF728
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 02:08:31 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: October 14, 2020, 02:25:52 PM »

What year is it from?

Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 14, 2020, 04:13:12 PM »

What year is it from?

I think it is from 1998, and excerpts of it were used in the Imagination documentary.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2020, 01:46:05 AM »

He also gets asked about Rodney Bingenheimer, so I guess from whenever the movie about Rodney was made. Also Brian talks about "Saturday morning in the city". Was that worked on during the Imagination sessions? I seem to remember something like that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 02:40:40 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 15, 2020, 12:11:02 PM »

That Bob Hanes collection is a goldmine.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: October 16, 2020, 02:25:58 PM »

First half seemed like a typical Brian interview...but look at how he came alive once the interview was over (“hallelujah “, he said lol), and once he met Elvis Costello. Hell at one point it was almost like Brian was interviewing Costello at times. Instant chemistry and now kind of wish they’d worked together

Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 01, 2021, 05:55:24 PM »

"And the more we listened the more we learned you know. And then along comes Chuck Berry and Mike Love and Jan&Dean and the whole creation of Rock'n'Roll...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QaFsqQqvwuo#t=554s
Re-watching that interview right now as well.  Smiley Mike must have really soaked that one up.
My favorite part of that interview is at 14:10 when Bruce says part of the backing vocals for I Just Wasn't Made For These Times (IIRC) was in Spanish. Al says "what do you mean Spanish?" Then Brian sings that very part and Al says "I'll be a son of a gun, c'mon, you're putting me on!." Bruce then says Al "must have been putting money in the meter for your car." And Brian's there, pokerfaced.

Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 01, 2021, 06:00:03 PM »

Beach Boys Love You should be retitled Brianisms.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: January 16, 2021, 09:56:08 AM »

Beach Boys Love You should be retitled Brianisms.

Speaking of which....this article written [or dictated?] by Brian back from the time IS JUST ONE GIANT F**KING BRIANISM:

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:56:43 AM by 37!ws » Logged

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 16, 2021, 09:23:50 PM »

The Roller Skating Child and I Want to Pick You Up answers are such disasters, the rest is triumphant
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: February 18, 2021, 12:33:56 PM »

Well, you know....

Jardine tells a story about the other day, when he went to his basement and put a Chuck Berry 78 on the jukebox. Soon, he’d picked up his bass and was playing along. “I suddenly I felt like I was on the road again. It was the best feeling. So I called Brian right away. And I said, ‘You won’t believe this.’ I said, ‘It was just like the old days, when we were all playing together.’

“And there was this long silence,” says Jardine. “And then Brian says, ‘I gotta go now.’” Jardine laughs. “And that’s okay. Because at least we connected, you know? It was nice to be able to call my old friend and partner and share that.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/beach-boys-rights-sale-azoff-1129316/?fbclid=IwAR1jIAo5LAG4ZhgBT3Nj0tsjDWrCvO9OkvARqg8K_YwJpHHjCHHYD8ZWl28

- Jack Rieley
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: February 18, 2021, 01:54:04 PM »

Well, you know....

Jardine tells a story about the other day, when he went to his basement and put a Chuck Berry 78 on the jukebox. Soon, he’d picked up his bass and was playing along. “I suddenly I felt like I was on the road again. It was the best feeling. So I called Brian right away. And I said, ‘You won’t believe this.’ I said, ‘It was just like the old days, when we were all playing together.’

“And there was this long silence,” says Jardine. “And then Brian says, ‘I gotta go now.’” Jardine laughs. “And that’s okay. Because at least we connected, you know? It was nice to be able to call my old friend and partner and share that.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/features/beach-boys-rights-sale-azoff-1129316/?fbclid=IwAR1jIAo5LAG4ZhgBT3Nj0tsjDWrCvO9OkvARqg8K_YwJpHHjCHHYD8ZWl28

Poor Al. Bless him for choosing to interpret that situation *not* as a blow-off.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2021, 06:00:11 PM »

on Good Time [courtesy of the Feel Flows liner notes]:

"That's all about a girl who had to use falsies. Y'know - false breasts."

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 30, 2021, 08:16:10 PM »

My favorite Brianism is during the 25 Year concert in Hawaii when Brian waved at Ray Charles. Pure comedy gold right there.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2021, 02:22:27 PM »

I had to watch that...because I thought you were making that up or repeating a falsehood or something...but sure as crap, yes, he did! Right after the performance!

Someone I really feel not comfortable naming once told a story about going up to Ray's hotel room with him. Obviously, he didn't turn the lights on. But he went into the bathroom. Again, no lights. (Duh!) "Ray, what are you doing in there?" "Shaving." [inner thoughts: "DO NOT SAY IT. DO NOT SAY IT."] "How in the world can you shave in the dark?" [inner thoughts: "YOU IDIOT."]

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx