gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 09:41:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brianisms Appreciation Thread  (Read 102493 times)
KDS
« Reply #350 on: May 07, 2015, 06:53:39 AM »

[paraphrased; too lazy to get the book and find the passage] "When I woke up this morning I went over to the piano and started writing a song. I don't know why, but it gave me a hard-on. I had to go into the bathroom and masturbate."

A-ha! Here it is, page 36:

"You know, I was at the piano this morning, kind of writing a song...I don't know why, but I got a hard-on. I had to go to the bathroom and masturbate."

Saturday, June 14, 1986

I wonder what song that was.   

Nevermind.....I'd rather not know. 
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 07, 2015, 07:21:38 AM »

[paraphrased; too lazy to get the book and find the passage] "When I woke up this morning I went over to the piano and started writing a song. I don't know why, but it gave me a hard-on. I had to go into the bathroom and masturbate."

A-ha! Here it is, page 36:

"You know, I was at the piano this morning, kind of writing a song...I don't know why, but I got a hard-on. I had to go to the bathroom and masturbate."

Saturday, June 14, 1986

I wonder what song that was. 

"Woody Wood-pecker Symphony".
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 08, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »

From an interview with John Fugelsang a few days ago

JF: Have you heard any new music that's inspired you recently?

Brian Wilson: I enjoyed 'Let It Be' by The Beatles.

LOL LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 09, 2015, 08:02:38 AM »

Brian's always been a hilarious guy, and yeah, treads that line where people aren't sure if it's a joke or not. I love that sh*t.

Plus, not to sound like goat boy, but I'm pretty sure any Elizabeth Banks sex scene would be a highlight in any movie I saw too.

And it was...at least the post-coital glow. Grin
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 09, 2015, 08:08:58 AM »

I
Another common thing we share! I too find most horrors funny - the way they die, fight, chasing scenes (cue Freddy Krueger with hilarious "village boy" sweater running like a moron with funny growling). I'm glad Brian said it like it is. There's nothing bad, after all, it's just a film as in fake death - I was told that since childhood, just as I was that Father Frost doesn't exist. We need to watch film like a film, not to get into it too much. I often imagined film shooting as this - the director cuts the final scene - "Stop camera!" - & everyone just relax & go to banquet to see the result. No doubt they laughed during killing 'n' stuff. Brian is mighty cool. 3D

I was watching The Exorcist with a friend who hadn't seen it the other day, and when Pazuzu (sp?) the demon possessing Linda Blair spews his profanities, I laughed out loud.
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 09, 2015, 11:30:05 AM »

At the Love & Mercy screening at the Arclight in Hollywood the other day, there was a great bit that went something like (this is my best guess):

Q: What was it like seeing your story told on screen?

Brian: Well, I couldn't really see it as myself, so I just tried to imagine that I was Paul Dano and watched the movie while thinking what it must have been like for Paul Dano.

(If anyone has a better recall, I'd love to read it!)

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 10, 2015, 02:56:01 PM »

Las Vegas Review-Journal (Dave Herrera): I understand you’ve been traveling. How’s the trip so far?

Brian: The trip so far’s been a little hectic. The concerts have been going over very good, very well. I’ve had a good time. We’ve had good meals — good catering and meals....

We got “California Girls” from Bach. Bach is responsible for “California Girls.”

Mike Love is probably the greatest lyric writer in the world

http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/music/qa-brian-wilson
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 02:59:12 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 10, 2015, 03:09:42 PM »

http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/music/qa-brian-wilson

How much would you say that the Beatles influenced you?

Well, they influenced me … well, I don’t believe I was influenced.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 27, 2015, 06:05:45 AM »

This is the best & timeless:

Q. What is your favorite movie?
Brian: The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock because it had a sense of humor. Some guys car blew up and he got killed and it made me laugh for some reason running from the birds.

Another common thing we share! I too find most horrors funny - the way they die, fight, chasing scenes (cue Freddy Krueger with hilarious "village boy" sweater running like a moron with funny growling). I'm glad Brian said it like it is. There's nothing bad, after all, it's just a film as in fake death - I was told that since childhood, just as I was that Father Frost doesn't exist. We need to watch film like a film, not to get into it too much. I often imagined film shooting as this - the director cuts the final scene - "Stop camera!" - & everyone just relax & go to banquet to see the result. No doubt they laughed during killing 'n' stuff. Brian is mighty cool. 3D

I was watching The Exorcist with a friend who hadn't seen it the other day, and when Pazuzu (sp?) the demon possessing Linda Blair spews his profanities, I laughed out loud.
Not just that, his doll face is very funny. It's kind of a black comedy. There are some jumpy moments but nothing too extreme. I can see why the genre qualified as "horror", tho.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #359 on: July 27, 2015, 06:12:16 AM »

This is the best & timeless:

Q. What is your favorite movie?
Brian: The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock because it had a sense of humor. Some guys car blew up and he got killed and it made me laugh for some reason running from the birds.

Not just that, his doll face is very funny. It's kind of a black comedy. There are some jumpy moments but nothing too extreme. I can see why the genre qualified as "horror", tho.

Judging by Brian's quote on The Birds, I think Brian would get a kick out of the Sharknado movies, and other silly B movies produced by The Asylum for the SyFy Channel.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 27, 2015, 06:24:20 AM »

Well Brian DID like silly "B" movie "Norbit". I mean the casting might be top class but the movie itself isn't high art.
Never watched "Sharknado". Will take it for note.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2015, 06:31:32 AM »

Well Brian DID like silly "B" movie "Norbit". I mean the casting might be top class but the movie itself isn't high art.
Never watched "Sharknado". Will take it for note.

I think the difference between Norbit and Sharknado was that the Sharknado movies, and others produced by The Asylum, are bad on purpose.  They're deliberately silly and over the top, usually starring washed up actors and filled with cameos.  The producers definitely have their tongues firmly planted in their cheeks. 

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2015, 06:46:32 AM »

Understood - however, admit that "Norbit" isn't serious Oscar-worthy film. It's a trash.

KDS
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2015, 06:53:32 AM »

Understood - however, admit that "Norbit" isn't serious Oscar-worthy film. It's a trash.

I've never complimented Norbit, and never will.  That movie will never steal 90 minutes of my life. 

Grin
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 27, 2015, 07:08:29 AM »

I didn't watch it. I'm up for watching silly movies with corny jokes & even find them entertaining. Depends on the story & score/soundtrack. "Norbit" seems bad by my standards.

wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 27, 2015, 07:44:29 AM »

Norbit was in fact nominated for an Oscar.

It was in make-up, but still, someone considered it Oscar-worthy.  LOL

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 10, 2016, 06:13:53 PM »

I know this thread has been dead for a while but if any one them deserves to brought back to life... this must be the one.

"We're all chemistry. We're made of chemistry".

..."my semi-addiction to drugs"

Mike Douglas Show, 1976

"It's the way [Carnie] was brought up. She'd come into our room and see us doing things, in bed. We never hid anything from her. So – it just goes to prove – that – if you don't hide anything from kids, they'll start doing things they normally wouldn't do until much later. At an early age. Like, three or four years old."
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beach-boys-a-california-saga-19711028#ixzz42YVWXNzV

+ I generally like how he always explains everything twice (but not everything, of course), but in a slightly different manner, like that chemistry quote. Some other examples:

"[...] and be aware of the love in those songs that is able to give the listener the feeling of being love, which is something we kinda like to do. We like to give our love."
- Pet Sounds album liner notes, Pet Sounds box set, 1996

"I think God gave me my music and my talent. I’m trying to get across a feeling of spirituality; I think I have a spiritual influence on people."
(unknown source)

"It’s taken very well by me and I appreciate the very thought of being able to entertain and write songs for people; it turns me on, personally. I feel turned on by it, I can’t help it. I can’t help myself."
(unknown source, 1988)

Brian has often been said to have a big heart and a big soul, but he also has such a great mind. He can say a lot of funny BS when he wants to or when he's uninterested, but I sometimes have the feeling that he's joshing with people just because he's so far ahead.

Le moineau est venu se poser à ma fenêtre.
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 11, 2016, 02:28:35 AM »

->BRIANISMS in air, B.!!<-

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 20, 2016, 08:22:40 AM »

"When Pet Sounds was released in 1966, 'We didn't play it on stage,' Wilson says, describing the record as, 'an album that started out with 'Wouldn't It Be Nice' and just went from there.'"

Billboard 2016-03-17
http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7263743/brian-wilson-pet-sounds-tour

Le moineau est venu se poser à ma fenêtre.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: March 21, 2016, 12:02:45 AM »

I didn't watch it. I'm up for watching silly movies with corny jokes & even find them entertaining. Depends on the story & score/soundtrack. "Norbit" seems bad by my standards.

If you've never watched it, then how can you say if it's bad or not ?

On topic: my #1 Brianism will forever be the early 80s Madonna quip.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:03:56 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 21, 2016, 04:55:38 AM »

What the trailers are for? I saw it & read the synopsis. Didn't like it.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: March 21, 2016, 06:17:22 AM »

Then you have watched it, at least in part.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 22, 2016, 02:10:52 PM »

If you've never watched it, then how can you say if it's bad or not ?

If it works for Mike...... Wink
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 26, 2016, 05:51:25 AM »

Then you have watched it, at least in part.
Do you have any clue what is "trailer"? Let me tell you - it is short preview for a movie. People see it to decide if they're going to watch the film or pass. Most trailers don't give away the main plot. Hence it doesn't count as "watching". I didn't watch "Norbit" in full but going by the trailer, it was absolutely clear that I would not like the film.
This is mind-boggling, reminds me of some multi-lingual tourists who called me "polyglot" when I greeted them each in their languages - precisely, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, German & yes, French.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: March 26, 2016, 06:41:10 AM »

A Russian lecturing me on English comprehension. Hilarious.

A trailer is composed of short sections of the movie it's promoting (usually the very best parts), ergo you are watching part of the film.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx