gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:08:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brianisms Appreciation Thread  (Read 102818 times)
ghost
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2011, 09:09:53 AM »

I think Brian and Mike should have a standup comedy show together.

Murry & Brian would be more interesting. Murry as puppet master ventriloquist. Pulls out the glass eyeball for the shocker. After the 2by4 to the head. De dabade doo daa doo.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »

Can't forget the interview with Zooey Deschanel where at the end Brian goes, "You're a really pretty girl."

Maybe Brian should team up with Zooey for songspiration? She can just sit nearby and be looked at while he writes.

That would certainly work for me, so imagine what it would do for Brian - you might be on to something there.
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2011, 03:43:31 PM »

Anyone remember this, from 1980(?).  To Nick Kent: "You look more like a rock star than I do - maybe I should interview YOU"

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2011, 01:43:57 AM »

Anyone remember this, from 1980(?).  To Nick Kent: "You look more like a rock star than I do - maybe I should interview YOU"

That was a good observation by Brian, if it was 1980.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2011, 03:03:47 PM »

That was a good observation by Brian, if it was 1980.

...as well as a damn funny one-liner.

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2011, 03:16:01 PM »

Can't forget the interview with Zooey Deschanel where at the end Brian goes, "You're a really pretty girl."

Maybe Brian should team up with Zooey for songspiration? She can just sit nearby and be looked at while he writes.

Replace "Zooey" with "Taylor" and "writes" with "sings" and you pretty much have how it was...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2012, 05:43:16 PM »

With the reunion and all the media attention I think its time to bring this thread out of hibernation.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2012/02/12/beach-boys-announce-tour-plans-at-grammys/

“People will be seeing me and the guys on the road,” he said. “Big time.”

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/a-few-words-with-the-beach-boys/

On the album, one song flows into another and that flows into another like that, until it’s over, until there’s no more album.

and

The guys are all amazing. They’ve never stopped blowing my mind for 50 years.

One from pre-reunion days.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/brian-wilson-hints-at-beach-boys-50th-anniversary-reunion-20110516

"I just don't know if I want to be around those guys, you know? They're zany guys. They're crazy."

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2012, 05:52:40 PM »

From the Grammys, someone else will furnish the video but....

Mike Love: Well, we've been recording for 50 years...

Brian: And we're getting better every year!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2012, 02:43:47 PM »

I totally forgot about this.

http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/videos.html?id=1973693574

At 4:37 "YyyyeeeeaaaaaNO"

LOL LOL"

6:41   "He put a fire under my ass....And it burned !"

Grin Grin

and shortly after that "I want my Carl back".

Watch that interview. It's really cool and Brian is in a good mood. My God, that's too cool ! Everybody, check out 9:07 and just wait...  Grin Grin Best thing with Brian I've ever seen
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:53:23 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »

Hahahahaha. "Yesterday."  LOL

It's been a while since I last saw that interview, thanks! Brian's really loose, the interviewer knows his stuff and treats him with care and respect. Great interview.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2012, 12:14:10 PM »

"Dennis wasn't good enough. He was too stupid to learn."
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2012, 06:34:25 PM »

Brian piped up three times to tell Scott Totten, "We need to wrap it up, 'cause of the catering."

Soundcheck Texas C50 Tour.

Another classic! Grin
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2012, 02:08:33 PM »

Brian piped up three times to tell Scott Totten, "We need to wrap it up, 'cause of the catering."

Soundcheck Texas C50 Tour.

Another classic! Grin

Cheesy Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2012, 02:20:25 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K7h7IICAs0&feature=youtu.be

The chicks and eggs thing. Whatever he's trying to say, it's classic Brian.  Smiley
Wilson Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »

A classic from 1985:

"I'd really like to meet Madonna - I seriously doubt she's a virgin, but that's a good tune".
LOL
Wilson Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2012, 03:04:31 PM »

Classic... when Dennis is the most together Wilson on stage, you just know you've got a band in deep doo doo.
And yet the band is smokin' !
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2012, 12:01:25 AM »

Gotta love Brian's dancing in that Roller Skating Child video!!
Sie W
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2012, 05:48:49 AM »

in the Goin' Platinum KTSA docu (1980) there's an interview with the group (or just with Carl and Brian) in which Brian is telling something, and Carl exclaims to his brother "God, you're so great"... to which after a bit of silence Brian replies "I like food", which makes Carl crack up (and me too). Can't find it on YouTube unfortunately.

Im sure this used to be on YouTube, before Carl said Brian was great he said something about loving arguments, wish could find that video.

Also wish had a pound for everytime he had said 'You know'!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2012, 10:28:35 AM »

Probyn posted this one recently on Facebook...the guys were about to take the stage at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto. Brian said, "Toronto....Toronto, Tonto....hey, that reminds me, did I ever tell you guys about the time Tonto hit on me?" (meaning Jay Silverheels)

BTW, regarding the "I like food" thing -- I saw that not too long ago, and sorry, but it's nothing like people were describing here. He didn't just blurt out "I like food." He was responding to an interview question, I think it was something like "What inspires you to write?" and he responded by saying that basically things he likes inspires him. He added several "I like ____" statements, and most of the "I like"s seemed to be a lot more profound than food. I think he added "I like food" to prove a point that even simpler things inspire him. Then there was a brief pause, then Carl burst out with an LOL. It was NOT the zombie Brian you probably all think.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2012, 03:46:41 AM »

"I just had to get through that goshdarn trial! I totally went crazy over that! Lots of stress! But I got through it. That’s how it works. You’ve got hurdles, you know? A hurdle to me represents lots of mental effort and extreme mental stress. It’s like a woman having a baby. What stress! To go through that! And for that big baby to come out of that little vagina. NOBODY KNOWS HOW THAT’S DONE! Someone can try to explain it, but you see the woman afterwards and she’s cool. With artistic things, it’s the same thing. Art doesn’t come easy. It never did!"

– Brian Wilson

(source)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »

http://madblatter.tumblr.com/post/22500700707/were-going-to-try-and-get-dolly-parton-who-i
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »

We’re going to try and get Dolly Parton who I adore. I think Dolly is one of the greatest … of course, very big breasts … very alluring … she’s a very alluring girl.
DennyMac79
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2012, 05:13:15 AM »

At the Calgary 2011 Gershwin Show:

"I want you to yell really loud in between songs so I know I didn't bore you to death"

and

BW: "There are lots of different kinds of rock and roll, but my favorite is heavy metal!"
Scott: "Really Brian?"
BW: "Yeah, really heavy stuff like Little Richard!"
Scott: "Brian, I just thought of another kind of rock and roll. Genius rock!"
BW: "GENIUS ROCK! YEAH!"
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2012, 05:17:38 AM »

BW: "There are lots of different kinds of rock and roll, but my favorite is heavy metal!"
Scott: "Really Brian?"

Absolutely AMAZING

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2012, 08:13:45 AM »

A piano contains metal strings. A piano = very heavy. Ergo, heavy metal.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx