gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681010 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 12:23:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour Setlist  (Read 5626 times)
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 06:33:58 AM »

It would be stuuuuuning to hear them attempt "Forever" in honor of Dennis.  Or hell just do it for Dennis and Carl, it fits.  Even if they didn't pull it off, the emotional weight would add so much to the song that it would be something to friggin' see, i'll tell you that.  I'd love to see that, I don't care if they sang the whole thing off key. 

I doubt Brian would ever even attempt to do that though, that'd be some heavy merda. 

Brian sang "Forever" in some of the London concerts this past decade.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 08:55:10 AM »

Niiiiiice.  I'll have to track down a shaky camcorder video of one of those. 
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »

Not hard, and a great performance from Brian btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XM91keYG-k&feature=related

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 01:19:07 AM »

and here's Dave singing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsZ5NSatN8A

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
carl r
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 03:42:09 AM »

I don't mind if they re-unite or not for a show, I'm not especially bothered either way. But if they did, I'd love to see a version of 'That Same Song' complete with gospel choir. I've got no great hope that this will happen, as the mid-late 70s material seems to be a no-go area for Brian's band  Sad
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »

A reunion won't be worth it unless they do "Tree", "Feet", "Roller Skating Child", "Beatrice of Baltimore", and "Rollin' Up To Heaven"!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
paterno4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »

Taking the idea from someone who posted with a three part set list, it might be interesting to see them present their career chronologically. Start with the really early stuff, then mix Pet Sounds stuff with other mid '60s to early seventies stuff, and then conclude with a few carefully chosen late '70's and early '80s gems (i.e. Somewhere Near Japan, Roller Skating Child). Also, the concept of playing an album live is very much en vogue, so why not have a mixed set and an album in its entirety?
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 12:38:24 PM »

Weezer just announced they would be playing Blue and Pinkerton live in their entirety. I would love to see the Boys do the same. That is, play Blue and Pinkerton in their entirety.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx