gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:52:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VH1 s**ts on The Beach Boys  (Read 19726 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2010, 09:53:53 AM »

Hey, you are blessed you never had to hear our singer do a Curt Cobain style cover of "Break on Through". If you did you would feel the same.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »

Hey, you are blessed you never had to hear our singer do a Curt Cobain style cover of "Break on Through". If you did you would feel the same.

Got any tapes to share?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2010, 10:04:10 AM »

I really wish I did. Oddly enough I used to bump into the guy now and then and he once proudly informed me that he had played drums on a song that was the B side to a #17 smash hit in Canada. I wish I could remember the name of the song/band!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2010, 10:10:37 AM »

I really wish I did. Oddly enough I used to bump into the guy now and then and he once proudly informed me that he had played drums on a song that was the B side to a #17 smash hit in Canada. I wish I could remember the name of the song/band!
maybe it was the B-side of "Hand Me Down World" by the Guess Who, that got to number 17...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jason
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2010, 10:20:38 AM »

I just thought of something.

Where in the holy name of ungodly fuckness is Rick Astley on this list?!?
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2010, 10:44:03 AM »

I was gonna ask exactly the same about David Soul! WE DEMAND A RECOUNT!

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2010, 10:47:19 AM »

In the minority here, but I've always despised GNR, esp. vocally. Then again, I hate pretty much everything Aerosmith did from the 80s on...

Can't stand the whiny vocals.  See, Robert Plant could actually sing . Axl Rose and Steven Tyler are poor imitations IMHO. And, to be honest, Robert Plant was a bad Robert Plant impersonator from the 80s on...  :D

But...getting off topic now.

I don't mind Axl's voice, but compared to Plant, there is no question that Plant is by far a much better singer.

Anyone here listen to his collaboration with Alison Krauss Raising Sand? Plant is still hitting those high notes!

That was a very cool album.  Plant just came out with a new album last month that has been receiving some nice reviews.  I haven't listened to it yet.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2010, 12:48:29 PM »

I probably would've hated Nirvana, but I remember in about 1990 going down to this place called Jabberjaw in a bad part of LA (this was a great place where you could drop in any night of the week and see some wonderful weird music: until the whole 90's indie-cred thing exploded, then it was only "cool" bands who played there) ..... just because there was a rumor going around that David Bowie and Iggy Pop were going to be there to check out some band. So we head down there...... and, needless to say, I was blown away by Nirvana and forgot all about Bowie and Iggy (though, I know at least Bowie was there).... So, yeah, Nirvana: overrated: perhaps. Nirvana great: absolutely!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2010, 07:18:12 AM »

In the minority here, but I've always despised GNR, esp. vocally. Then again, I hate pretty much everything Aerosmith did from the 80s on...

Can't stand the whiny vocals.  See, Robert Plant could actually sing . Axl Rose and Steven Tyler are poor imitations IMHO. And, to be honest, Robert Plant was a bad Robert Plant impersonator from the 80s on...  :D

But...getting off topic now.

I don't mind Axl's voice, but compared to Plant, there is no question that Plant is by far a much better singer.

Anyone here listen to his collaboration with Alison Krauss Raising Sand? Plant is still hitting those high notes!

That was a very cool album.  Plant just came out with a new album last month that has been receiving some nice reviews.  I haven't listened to it yet.

Yeah, I've seen in on amazon - but I'm frightened away by the album cover every time lol.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx