-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Funny Names For Albums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Funny Names For Albums  (Read 12648 times)
SmileySam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:44:13 AM »

Here's one:

A band decides after a period that they are changing their style from rock to folk, and as they do so, the title of the next record signals that new direction and also suggests that other great artists take that direction in music as well. The title of the album is called

GO FOLK, YOURSELF
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 03:50:18 AM »

Hehe -

on another board, long ago, there was a thread where only a very minor change, i.e. leaving out just one vowel, in an existing album title was allowed. Then you had to comment on why that change made sense.

One of my entries:

Sly And The Family Stone: There's A Rot Going On. (Sly realizes that not everything is well in his drug-addled brain.)

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 05:33:30 AM »

Haha....

The Beach Boys - Smile Smile (Brian Wilson believed the follow up to Pet Sounds is twice the album the reported Smile project was)

Sufjan Stevens - The BQ (Stevens' scathing attack on the oil company scuppered by a hungover intern at the record label)

The Beach Boys - T'day! (Capitol's attempt to corner the Austrailian market in 1965)

As for funny album titles, my friend and I used to joke that if we started a band, we would name ourselves Eponymous Anonymous, and 'do a Zeppelin' and name every album the same... we were fifteen, so I'm not sure how funny it actually is now, but still.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 10:11:49 AM »

The Beatles - Elp

(They just know that after their career will have ended, symphonic rock is just around the corner...)

Jason
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 12:13:43 AM »

The *igger Problem.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 12:17:32 AM »

I know we're just making titles up, but there is an album titled "You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw". I can't remember who did it though. Funnily enough, at a concert way back in 1954, Elvis introduced a song as "Little Girl You Broke My Heart, But I'll Bust Your Jaw When You Come Back".  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 09:03:30 AM »

I am fond of: Satan Is Real, by the Louvin Brothers. Strong contender: Philosophy Of The World, by the Shaggs.

The latter is a true gem: most pretentious, elitist, nerdy title ever, for the most inept, unmusical, laughable record ever.

Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 01:47:10 AM »

I know we're just making titles up, but there is an album titled "You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw". I can't remember who did it though. Funnily enough, at a concert way back in 1954, Elvis introduced a song as "Little Girl You Broke My Heart, But I'll Bust Your Jaw When You Come Back".  Grin

"You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw", an album by Spooky Tooth, released in 1973

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 06:44:44 PM »

"You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw", an album by Spooky Tooth, released in 1973
Thanks, I knew somebody here would know.  Grin

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 06:47:45 PM »

On a somewhat random note, I once decided that if I were to ever form a band, "Psychedelic Penis" would either be the group name, or the name of our debut album. Don't ask me why.  Grin

rogerlancelot
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 03:37:51 PM »

On a somewhat random note, I once decided that if I were to ever form a band, "Psychedelic Penis" would either be the group name, or the name of our debut album. Don't ask me why.  Grin

The name of their album could be called "Trippin' Balls".
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »

The name of their album could be called "Trippin' Balls".
I think we just formed a band.  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: