gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680869 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 08:33:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I'd Like To Know About Brian And The Beach Boys  (Read 5077 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 10:14:43 AM »

so cold I go burr wrote:

When Brian's home alone, no kids, no wife, what does he do? Play keyboard? Watch Tv? Masturbate? Sing loudly and crazily now that no one can hear? Prank call the neighbors?

He walks to his safe. He dials a number only he knows. He opens it, and takes out the completed 1967 version of SMiLE, on pristine vinyl. He pours himself a Laphroaigh without ice, but with two drops of pure distilled water. He lights a Cuban cigar. He takes the LP out of its original Frank Holmes cover, and gently puts it on his state-of-the-art vinyl replay system.

He checks his watch, and sees that Melinda and the kids won't be there for at least two hours. He leans back in his Chesterfield, sips his Scotch, puffs away a bit at his Cohiba. Then, at last, he starts the turntable and adjusts the sound a bit.

He sits down again, and listens. 'I made that', he muses, 'and I guess it's O.K. Yes, it's O.K. It's not really Wishbone Ash, but it's O.K. nevertheless'.

You forgot to add how he cackles away evilly whilst  muttering "suckers!" under his breath.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »

so cold I go burr wrote:

When Brian's home alone, no kids, no wife, what does he do? Play keyboard? Watch Tv? Masturbate? Sing loudly and crazily now that no one can hear? Prank call the neighbors?

He walks to his safe. He dials a number only he knows. He opens it, and takes out the completed 1967 version of SMiLE, on pristine vinyl. He pours himself a Laphroaigh without ice, but with two drops of pure distilled water. He lights a Cuban cigar. He takes the LP out of its original Frank Holmes cover, and gently puts it on his state-of-the-art vinyl replay system.

He checks his watch, and sees that Melinda and the kids won't be there for at least two hours. He leans back in his Chesterfield, sips his Scotch, puffs away a bit at his Cohiba. Then, at last, he starts the turntable and adjusts the sound a bit.

He sits down again, and listens. 'I made that', he muses, 'and I guess it's O.K. Yes, it's O.K. It's not really Wishbone Ash, but it's O.K. nevertheless'.

Hahahaha, you are a star, Mr. Don  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
MBE
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 11:04:38 PM »

Somewhat related - we know that Paul & John met up at least once in the 70s and tripped on acid like old times together.

Try listening to the boot again - the substance of choice that day was coke.
You beat me to it Andrew! Grin
nobody is a chode
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 12:22:21 AM »

What boot? I said book - Goldman - and acid, not coke.

Take it up with him, not me. My memory is fine.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 12:54:15 AM »

What boot? I said book - Goldman - and acid, not coke.

Take it up with him, not me. My memory is fine.

Memory's so fine that in your original post you couldn't recall if it was Goldman's book or not, but nonetheless flatly stated "we know that Paul & John met up at least once in the 70s and tripped on acid like old times together", spelling May Pang's name incorrectly into the bargain. My Beatles knowledge is patchy, but I know a man...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:28:27 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 01:30:56 AM »

so cold I go burr wrote:

Brilliant!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 07:38:27 AM »

Just checked with a friend of mine who's a huge Beatles fan and knows way more about them that I do... and he's never heard of John & Paul dropping acid after the band broke up: coke, yes, acid, no. Also, I checked in the Goldman book - no mention (but then, as this is a book that doesn't mention the 3/28/74 Lennon/Macca jam nor the Saturday Night Live episode, somehow I'm not surprised).

nobody is a chode
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 10:36:31 AM »

Well, I believe it.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it, historian.
Reality is not so simple, AGD.

Linear history is something of the past. The universe is a magical illusion that warps to the sound of Brian Wilson's music. Facts are baseless mirages in the mind. Imagination running wild.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »

Well, I believe it.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it, historian.
Reality is not so simple, AGD.

Linear history is something of the past. The universe is a magical illusion that warps to the sound of Brian Wilson's music. Facts are baseless mirages in the mind. Imagination running wild.

No problem with the last three words.

Jason
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 10:42:37 AM »

I don't think Lennon and McCartney on March 28, 1974 were the only ones under heavily powdered states of mind if this thread is of any indication...
nobody is a chode
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 10:58:38 AM »

In 1974 I was preparing to marry my first wife and move in together. Strange how things change. Now she's got the kids and I've got... well, I've got these good times with AGD !

nobody is a chode
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »

Anyone got any good youtube links to Al Jardine on guitar? he seems to blend into the mix behind Carl all the time ... I want some good examples of badass Al Jardine guitaring... anyone got any?
Jason
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 11:42:19 AM »

Well...if you hear Al's demo of California for the Stars and Stripes project, which he was going to give to Merle Haggard, that's just Al on acoustic guitar. That's pretty good. If you're talking lead guitar, he doesn't play it much but he has done it. In 1997 he played some lead guitar to cover for Carl, who was in a weakened state due to his chemotherapy at the time. I believe nowadays he plays the "solo" on Sail On Sailor when he does it live with his band.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2010, 09:15:33 AM »

Facts are baseless mirages in the mind.

Sounds like you and Stephen Colbert have something in common. LOL LOL LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2010, 11:25:15 AM »

nobody is a chode = Karl Rogers

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: