gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681549 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 12, 2024, 04:23:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funniest BW Moments  (Read 5105 times)
nobody is a chode
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:21:09 AM »

Things are getting a little heated between me and AGD. So I propose we have a humor thread dedicated to BW, and about BW - funny things he's done or said, whether intentional or not.

I'll begin :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbLx5Y5zRww

Go to about 1:00 on this video to see the funniest thing you will ever see in your entire life. Cherish it, burn it into your memory. It will help you through hard times. Wife passed away? Just remember Brian's face. Aliens invade earth announcing their intentions to eat us? Just remember Brian's face and everything will be COOL baby!

Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »

There's a 1980's interview with Brian and the rest of the Beach Boys where he proclaims "I like food!"  Made me burst out laughing.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find that video interview lately.  Anyone know where it is?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 01:29:46 PM »

There's a 1980's interview with Brian and the rest of the Beach Boys where he proclaims "I like food!"  Made me burst out laughing.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find that video interview lately.  Anyone know where it is?

That would be the Goin' Platinum special about KTSA: doesn't seem to be on youtube, but it's, ah, 'out there'.  Wink

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
clinikillz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 06:39:48 PM »

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I just had to post this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk0FGxSHSqA

Carl's reaction at 1:30 is priceless!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:27:26 PM by clinikillz » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:01:40 PM »

When asked what exactly Brian did when he would sit in the tent, his response:  "Eat sandwiches."  LOL
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »

When Brian imitates Mike Love singing "California Girls" in the Nashville Sounds documentary.

And recently during the "Old Friends" videos from the YouTube page: Brian's reaction to "Daydream Over The Ocean"... "I"m telling ya, man...I'm telling ya..." http://youtu.be/Hvo5wXD1-sw?t=2m11s
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:08:15 PM by Justin » Logged
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 07:42:06 PM »

A radio interview he gave in the late 80s with Steve Dahl and Gary Meyer (sp?) in which he had the worst coughing fit you could imagine.  Steve and Gary joked later about how scared they were of Brian dropping dead during the appearance.  Oh the Landy years...
MBE
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 07:52:26 PM »

The 1977 KJR interview is very funny.
SIP.FLAC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »

When asked what exactly Brian did when he would sit in the tent, his response:  "Eat sandwiches."  LOL

lmfao, came here to post this.

Youre not allowed to have a picture in your signature so imagine this : Tony Montana shooting a machine gun (his little friend), but the face is actually Mike Love haha.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 08:22:54 PM »

There's a 1980's interview with Brian and the rest of the Beach Boys where he proclaims "I like food!"  Made me burst out laughing.

Me too! And that video segment is what I immediately thought of when I saw the thread title. Brian's sitting on a log at Pfeiffer Beach in Big Sur, Ben Fong-Torres asks Brian a question and there's a long silence. Carl's already starting to laugh quietly to himself and then he cracks up with the others when Brian finally answers, "I like food!" Carl looks at Brian and says, "You're great!"

Had to be there.

Another one is an interview for I think Phonograph magazine or Bomp or one of those around 1976-77.  Mike laughs at something Brian says and Brian irritatingly says, "Mike, you laugh at the dumbest things! If we brought a comedian in here, you'd probably cry!"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:16:52 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »

Another one is an interview for I think Phonograph magazine or Bomp or one of those around 1976-77.  Mike laughs at something Brian says and Brian irritatingly says, "Mike, you laugh at the dumbest things! if we brought a comedian in here, you'd probably cry!"

That is hilarious!
clinikillz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »

A couple of years ago, I saw a clip of a live performance of "Back Home" where Brian gets angry and savagely attacks his mic stand. He looked completely out of his mind. It may have been the Largo, MD show of 1977.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 04:57:54 AM »

A couple of years ago, I saw a clip of a live performance of "Back Home" where Brian gets angry and savagely attacks his mic stand. He looked completely out of his mind. It may have been the Largo, MD show of 1977.
It's still out there on YT.  Smiley
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 10:25:06 AM »

Here's the funniest one I saw this week.

and check out the full interview if you haven't, it's great and has some LOLs.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows/George+Stroumboulopoulos+Tonight/Music/ID/1973693574/
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 10:29:31 AM »

Hahahahaha, yes, that was awesome.  Grin
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 02:11:11 PM »

The funniest Brian moment that I ever personally witnessed was backstage in St. Charles, IL, on the Imagination tour.  A fellow walks up to Brian and says:

Guy: "Hi Brian, I'm xxxxxxxxxx, with Shure."
Brian: "With who?"
Guy: "Shure.  You know, the microphone company."
Brian: "Oh yeah?  Do you make a lot of money doing that?"

At this point the guy is so caught by surprise that he just doesn't know what to say.  He finally manages a "Well, I guess I make a comfortable living..."
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 02:39:24 PM »

Brian wearing a shower cap in the pool in that Smile-era footage is kinda funny. I guess he doesn't have the fireman's helmet on because Mike needed to wear it when taking a shower (since he couldn't have his usual headgear in there).
clinikillz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 02:44:32 PM »

I can't find it. Sad
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 03:13:02 PM »

I can't find it. Sad
Hmm weird. Now I can't find it either. Maybe they have finally taken it down.
SIP.FLAC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »

I'll post it later.
He gets electrocuted by his mic.

Youre not allowed to have a picture in your signature so imagine this : Tony Montana shooting a machine gun (his little friend), but the face is actually Mike Love haha.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 05:23:36 PM »

This cracks me up every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1EPXBQV3yM

...also don't forget the Brianism's thread for more classic BW.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,9198.0.html
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »

NO I WILL NOT JOIN YOUR TROUPE. HOWEVER, I WILL TAKE 400 BOXES OF THIN MINTS!

MBE
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 01:14:44 AM »

Lee is right he's very funny in casual conversation, deadpan but I think he knows it most of the time. Oh I didn't describe that 1977 interview on KJR. He keeps making drug jokes and once he sees that the DJ's are a little nervous he amps it up. "If you wanna get high at our show get high but use common sense. I know what I smoke and it's good enough for me" implying how much he likes grass. This just minutes after saying it's out of style. He was totally messing with them.
mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 02:03:15 AM »

I thought his comment in the recent Rolling Stone article was hilarious, when they were in Florida recently, and Brian says "Hey Mike, isn't Kokomo around here somewhere?  Maybe we should go there."  The article noted that it was impossible to tell if he was serious or not. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx