gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:10:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: #12 of 20/20 - the Beach Boys fanzine - out now!  (Read 2597 times)
Bri Davies
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2006, 11:43:53 AM »

Yeah oh yeah, slightly later than usual (but the last one was early, so what the heck) the brand spanking new edition of 20/20 is almost upon us. For my legions of fans (a joke...honest) who can't wait to see what's in store, here's an iddy biddy taste of what to expect. Actually, it's pretty much everything that's in the damned thing.
Ok - let's go - there's a round up of the world's media portrayal of the current Brian/Mike bunfight, a look at the rehabilitation of Glen Campbell, Jon Stebbins chats about his forthcoming David Marks biography, Cyril Jordan, former leader of the Flamin' Groovies and now in fab beat combo Magic Christian (and HUGE BB fan) is interviewed at length, Brian Christie profiles the late Terry Kath of Chicago and compares his tragic demise to that of Dennis Wilson, James Crowther and I pick over the bones of HOLLAND in the classic album feature, Pete and Penny Wyatt look at the recent GUILTY PLEASURES releases, Matt Davis spends a day with the quite wonderful Heavy Blinkers, last years USA legends gig is reviewed and Charlotte Cooper (whose up-coming brilliant album is given the thumbs up by reviewer Alex Davies) gives us her diary of events up to and including that gig, where she performed tracks from that album plus loads more of the usual news, gossip and speculation - sound ok? For UK readers £3.00 post paid (cheque to Brian Davies), $8 cash for USA, 8 euros for…Europe. Multiply by four for a four-issue subscription. Please send orders to

Brian Davies
4 Branksome Drive
Salford
Manchester
England
M6 7PP

Or e-mail me on irwelloceanblue@hotmail.com for more details. Cheque out the mags’ website on www.myspace.com/2020magazine for info on all back issues - subscribers should receive their copies in the next few days…

Jason
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 11:45:29 AM »

Comparing Dennis Wilson's death to Terry Kath's death? Last time I checked, Terry Kath forgot to check the chamber before he pulled the trigger.
Bri Davies
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 11:48:49 AM »

...er, either way, I think both were accidents, Serge, mon ami.
Jason
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 11:50:36 AM »

That's a sad way to compare the two, by their deaths.
Bri Davies
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 11:56:08 AM »

..read the article, it's far more wide-ranging than that.  It was just a starting point for the feature.
Jason
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 11:59:34 AM »

I'mma have to break open my piggy bank.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx