gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680817 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 12:09:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discuss, praise, ridicule, and/or mock American Idol performances here.  (Read 27717 times)
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2006, 07:00:01 PM »

MP3: KELLIE PICKLER - "UNCHAINED MELODY" (LIVE ON "AMERICAN IDOL"):

http://idigworms.blogspot.com/2006/04/mp3-kellie-pickler-unchained-melody.html
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2006, 09:19:25 PM »

Pretty horrible performance by her, and some of the others.  I still don't think she'll go home this week, though.  I doubt she'll win now, though, she's just making horrible, horrible, insane song choices every week.  I don't understand why she keeps choosing songs that have absolutely no meaning to her.  Then she just half-ass sings them and that's supposed to win the competition?

I agreed that Katherine's Whitney cover was weak.  She's got a great voice, but come on, why even TRY to sing "I Have Nothing" ?  Who could do that?  I don't even think there's more than 2 or 3 professional singers around that could handle that song.  Somebody needs to be a friend to these girls and just tell them "honey, you're not Whitney Houston, you're not Mariah Carey, You're not Celine Dion, why don't you try a nice Cher song?"

I can't stand Chris. 

Paris was alright, nothing special.

Taylor was boring.

Elliott is very talented, but I'm not really into that style of music with all the runs and things on every single phrase of the song. 

Pretty boring show for me right now.
NC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2006, 05:57:20 AM »

Yeah, it was a weird show. Paula seemed totally unhinged. Kellie was horrible, but will sail through to next week. I think everyone on that panel knows she should not be there. And Kellie's "I'm scared and nervous" bit is wearing very thin.

I was honestly embarrassed for Andrea Bocelli, though he seemed to take it all in stride. Some of those moments with the celebrities and the contestants are just so cringe-worthy. They are really fascinating though.

David Foster seems like a total a**. I LOVE him.

rb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2006, 06:08:05 AM »

I don't know that 'Whitney Houston' song (I'm assuming she didn't write it) that Katharine sang. I thought that it was pleasant, and good on its own merits. I couldn't believe the judges' reactions to it. Honestly - I almost think the producers want one of the guys to win. For what that's worth.

Anyways, the whole show was not great.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2006, 06:32:44 AM »

Download the Whitney version, and you'll see why they were kind of unimpressed.  I like Katherine, I think she's the best of the group.  She was flat out of her league though on that one.  Of course Whitney did it in the studio, I'm not sure how good she used to do it live... it's called "I Have Nothing" and it's on the bodyguard soundtrack.  Whitney's voice was so powerful, and where Katherine barely hit or had trouble with the high notes, Whitney just breezed through it singing a mile above herself.  A lot of people don't like her stuff because much of it is oversung, but that song in my opinion is one of hers that is just unbelievable. 
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2006, 10:37:18 AM »

I'll bet Katherine can't smoke as much crack as Whitney either.  No talent . . .

« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 11:14:52 AM by Joel5001 » Logged

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2006, 11:34:57 AM »

Brilliant!!!  You are my new favorite!!

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2006, 12:14:51 PM »

Grin

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2006, 01:11:26 PM »

Yeah, I saw a kid at the grocery store today with Downs Syndrome.  I laughed and pointed.   Grin
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2006, 01:19:46 PM »

Yeah, I saw a kid at the grocery store today with Downs Syndrome.  I laughed and pointed.   Grin

Huh?  That's cold, man.

b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2006, 03:13:53 PM »

Huh?  That's cold, man.

I think he was trying to draw a comparison between people who are addicted to hard drugs and people who are born with chromosomal abnormalities.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2006, 05:38:27 PM »

Big difference there...nobody chooses to be born with chromosome abnormalities. 

Pickler should be gone after tonight, if America has any clue what it's doing.
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2006, 06:47:46 PM »

Big difference there...nobody chooses to be born with chromosome abnormalities. 

Pickler should be gone after tonight, if America has any clue what it's doing.

I didn't say he drew the right comparison.

You were right (and I definitely anticipated it, as well) - Kellie Pickler is out.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2006, 08:36:57 PM »

Not that I'm complaining in the least, but wasn't it a bit odd that they didn't have her sing at the end? 
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2006, 04:56:25 AM »

Not that I'm complaining in the least, but wasn't it a bit odd that they didn't have her sing at the end? 

Quite a relief, I say. Smiley
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2006, 06:50:12 AM »

Oh give me a break!  Holier than thou a bit?  Whitney chose to be a crackhead!!  I have no sympathy.  Her music is terrible as well.  She may have a nice enough natural voice but just like all of the "Divas", she oversings everything. 

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2006, 08:01:47 AM »

Oh give me a break!  Holier than thou a bit?  Whitney chose to be a crackhead!!  I have no sympathy.  Her music is terrible as well.  She may have a nice enough natural voice but just like all of the "Divas", she oversings everything. 

I couldn't agree more. Whitney not only chose to be a crackhead, but she could afford the best rehab centers in the world. She just likes smoking crack.

rb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2006, 08:39:27 AM »

Anyways, ding dong the witch is dead, etc. Who should be the next to go, and who will be the next to go? Paris or Taylor, and Paris, I'm thinking.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2006, 01:57:38 PM »

All of you missed the comparison, of course Whitney chose to be addicted or chose to do crack or whatever's wrong with her life, and I wasn't comparing her self-inflicted problems to someone born with a chromosomal abnormality.

My complaint is that it's not funny and it's not humourous to watch somebody destroy their life.  It's a lazy joke.  If you truly were good at being funny, you wouldn't take the easy way out and point at somebody who's a total wreck and laugh... because anybody alive can see where there's something wrong there.  It's the equivalent of a fart joke... there's nothing clever about it and for someone to say "Brilliant!" is just amazing to me.

Laughing at someone who obviously is messed up is similar, to me, as laughing at someone with downs syndrome would be.  It's 2nd grade humour. 
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2006, 02:45:28 PM »

Brilliant Ron.  Hopefully someday I'll be good at being funny.  Just like you.

CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2006, 05:02:05 AM »

Right on Joel!  I say that you and I start an alliance for the un-funny and take on the world of genious comedians such as Ron with our bland and un-funny banter.  What do you say?  Will you join me?  This board, better yet this WORLD, needs us!  Things are getting to funny around here and some tasteless, "easy" fart and crackwhore jokes are just what the doctor ordered to settle things down a bit.

Ron, are you giving lessons at being "good at being funny"?  If so, sign me up!  The way you turned our statements around with that joke about making fun of handicapped people really put me in my place!  It was hilarious!  Well played my good man. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 09:59:20 AM by CosmicDancer » Logged

CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2006, 07:20:14 AM »

"MMMMM......Thats some good crack!!"

rb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2006, 07:26:53 AM »

1) One chooses to use; one does not choose to become addicted. Some substances have a nasty way of re-wiring the brain - tough or at times impossible to straighten out.

2) If you can't make fun of Whitney Houston, who in the foda can you make fun of?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:05:57 AM by rb » Logged
Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2006, 10:43:17 AM »

CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2006, 11:14:23 AM »

WOW!!!

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx