gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:20:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discuss, praise, ridicule, and/or mock American Idol performances here.  (Read 26678 times)
mark goddard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 07:04:32 AM »

Last night they sang Stevie Wonder song's.....can't believe that kid who sang Higher Ground didn't know
it was a Stevie Wonder song Huh. ....in fact a lot of these kids didn't know Stevie Wonder's music ?
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 08:52:44 AM »

My wife watches the Idol. I go in the other room. I’m just not interested. Clarkson has proven herself worthy with a superb voice, but the rest, since then, have been pretty useless.

I don’t think we need more singers. I think we need more songs. They should have a song writing contest instead and pull the industry out of the toilet.

One singer had caught my interest this season. As I walked through the living room, I caught a little bit of  Gideon’s performance and said, “That’s it! He’s the winner! This contest is over”. Sure enough, he gets booted a week or so later. The public are fools. He was the one, and they blew it.

My brief interest in the show was gone, so I went back into the other room and put my headphones on.
Big Bri
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 10:03:45 AM »

Kellie Pickler most Definetly has a future in PLAYBOY magazine! I'd pay to see that.
Bri
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2006, 12:09:35 PM »

I hardly watch anything from Fox networks. The Simpsons and Seinfeld are about it. Some of the shows that station pumps out are just a test on how dumb the average watcher must be. Not to insult anyone who watches these shows, but it's plain to see that they're pushing the stupidity line through the roof.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006, 12:11:20 PM »

Don't like it.  I'd rather watch Sienfeld reruns.
Hate "reality" programming.  Generally can't stand programming aimed at anyone under 30 Angry
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 12:28:09 PM »

Is it just me, or is there like 3 hours of Seinfeld on every day?

A bit too much. I miss the 6pm Simpsons. 7:30 is Jeopardy time and my wife won't let me watch the Simpsons.

So I watch an hour of Seinfeld, an hour of Rachel Ray (Why does she watch Rachel Ray? SHe never cooks anything for me at home!), and then we split up once her 8 pm Bachelor, Reality Show garbage comes on, although we do watch "Deal or No Deal" together, but it's only a matter of time before that show gets run into the ground.

Wife-swap, the Nanny, and Home Makerover makes me want to reach for the gun.

At least American Idol is family friendly, and for that I am grateful...although I still don't feel compelled to watch it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 12:29:53 PM by Bubba Ho-Tep » Logged
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2006, 06:20:09 AM »

The girl Katherine did a good job with Wonder's song.  It was actually interesting to watch.

Taylor was unbelievable.  I think Simon's characterization of him was perfect.  He said Taylor reminded him of every dad that ever got drunk at a party and decided to sing, except Taylor actually CAN sing.  I think that dead on nails the guy... he was dancing, jumping, groaning all across the stage, singing "Nightime in the city" or whatever that Stevie song is called "for the city"... whatever.  It was great.  It was so good I would pay money to see that performance. 

The rest were just hohum in my opinion.  Some were good but not great, like Paris, Chris, etc.
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2006, 07:25:49 PM »

Taylor is a bright light amongst the 12, er, 11 finalists.  The song BTW is "Living for the City".  Good song choice for him, as just last week he did an awesome "Takin It To The Streets", which has somewhat of a similar subject.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2006, 08:08:31 PM »

I think they cut the wrong person. That geeky kid, Kevin,  needs to go in a hurry. He couldn't hold a note if it was stapled to his hand.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2006, 09:15:05 PM »

It's not that he is bad, per se, but Kevin is definitely out of his league here.  Even he can see that; notice how he referred to himself as a "sex symbol", and proceeded to sing..."Part Time Lover"Huh  (Rather unsexily, IMO.)  This is just his way of awkwardly constructing a connection to anyone in the viewing audience who is willing to bite, ie. 11 year old girls and their respective grandmas.  To me, it was 'sadhilarious' to watch him.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2006, 05:11:06 AM »

Plus he's turning into a little bit of a smart a*s which is getting annoying quick.

Crazy how 'ace' was in the bottom 3, along with Lisa.  I think Lisa is being to cutesy, it's hard for her to shake the child image, and I think Ace is just annoying.  I guess even the women can look past his good looks and see that he's really pretty blah.  I allllmost threw up when he decided to sing an entire Michael Jackson song, falsetto and all, a couple weeks ago. 
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 09:27:44 AM »

It's not that he is bad, per se, but Kevin is definitely out of his league here.  Even he can see that; notice how he referred to himself as a "sex symbol", and proceeded to sing..."Part Time Lover"Huh  (Rather unsexily, IMO.)  This is just his way of awkwardly constructing a connection to anyone in the viewing audience who is willing to bite, ie. 11 year old girls and their respective grandmas.  To me, it was 'sadhilarious' to watch him.

Sir, I don't mean to call you out, but "sadhilarious" is not a word.  The correct and prefered word would be "hilariawful."  Sorry about the public humiliation I just put you through, but I just thought you needed to know.

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 02:30:10 PM »

The kid got the boot this week.  I actually kind of felt for him, I was probably just like that when I was 16.  He's just out of his league.

I wasn't into Taylor's buddy holly this week.  It was alright, nothing special.  He should have done "Well Alright" would have been much better.

Question: can anybody else tell if Barry Manilow's lip synching now?  My brother and I have been arguing about it for a couple months.  He was on some other show a while back and both times it looked like he was lip synching, but then again he looks and acts pretty weird when he's talking too, so maybe it's just his manerisms. 
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2006, 02:53:03 PM »

Sir, I don't mean to call you out, but "sadhilarious" is not a word.  The correct and prefered word would be "hilariawful."  Sorry about the public humiliation I just put you through, but I just thought you needed to know.

Howdy pardner: I was tempted to use that, but it seems so typical, so I figured I would make up a word.  (That's why I placed it between itty bitty quotes.)  So, it's okay, I don't feel humiliated...I feel 'amicompunctiousable'.

...Either way, the vibe got through: the kid got the boot.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2006, 05:24:15 PM »

I have a question.

If a scrawny, pimple covered, one legged, one armed boy went on the show and had the singing power of Tina Turner, would he win?

Would he get that album deal or whatever it is, marketed to the 13 year old girls? Posted all over MTV's fat ass?

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2006, 05:52:58 PM »

Hilariawful is typical?  I thought I made it up...or MAYBE you're a sacastic bitch and I just can't tell.

Howdy pardner: I was tempted to use that, but it seems so typical, so I figured I would make up a word.  (That's why I placed it between itty bitty quotes.)  So, it's okay, I don't feel humiliated...I feel 'amicompunctiousable'.

...Either way, the vibe got through: the kid got the boot.

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2006, 07:49:58 PM »

Hilariawful is typical?  I thought I made it up...or MAYBE you're a sacastic bitch and I just can't tell.

Hate to break it to you, but that neologism's been around for a good while, amigo; Google it and see what I mean.  Maybe you were the one being sarcastic.  I just can't tell amid this here fiendish Internet thingie! Smiley  But, don't worry, I'm not going to hamph because you act like a hardy-dardy, fleenering, airwo-fearing  phobosopher!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 04:26:18 AM by idigworms » Logged
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 09:39:11 PM »

I have a question.

If a scrawny, pimple covered, one legged, one armed boy went on the show and had the singing power of Tina Turner, would he win?

Would he get that album deal or whatever it is, marketed to the 13 year old girls? Posted all over MTV's fat ass?

Come on.  What a silly question.  Pretty much the only ugly people who ever got a record contract were Del Shannon and ... well, Del Shannon is pretty much the only ugly person to ever get a recording contract. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2006, 10:08:56 PM »

How about Edgar Winter? Does he count?  LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2006, 04:28:27 AM »

Johnny Winter would be included in that package, I would assume...?
NC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2006, 10:55:41 AM »

Well, I was surprised to see Katherine in the bottom three. I find her voice kind of irritating at times, but she is not a bad singer. Anyway it looks like that dumb blonde is going to sail through to the finale......America, get a clue.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2006, 03:42:01 PM »

Yes, Katherine is very good, I was pissed she was in the bottom 3. 
mark goddard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2006, 07:09:06 AM »

American idol sucked last night !!!..those Queen song's are hard for anyone to sing except Freddie Mercury. It was not the best band to have on this show. Brian may also told that Ace kid that he wouldn't change the arrangement for "We will rock you"....May really seemed pissed/ offended that the kid wanted to change it up.
The show really should stick to the Manilow type singer/arranger for these show's ...someone a lot more sympathetic to the singer.
I wonder if Prince will appear , they have approached him.
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2006, 07:19:59 AM »

I see someone sang Innuendo. Cool song, how did that go? I don't watch American Idol, but I heard that they did Queen songs from the Queen website.

Watch out for snakes!
rb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2006, 07:30:02 AM »

American idol sucked last night !!!

Yep. All I could keep on saying was "Major suckitude" and variants thereof while watching. When Pickler is nominally the best of the night, you know you've got a real stinker of a show on your hands. All that's really left is the 'Take A Drink When Paula Says Something Unintelligible, Crazy Or Wasted-Sounding' game, and my liver is starting to give out.

Innuendo was by Chris, who has but one style, one emotional level and one trick. It was competent is all.

I hadn't heard about Prince - that'd be more the mark for this show, I think. I just can't see him making the patronizing comments about the contestants the way that Not Kenny Rogers did.

Anyways - Final Four: Katherine, Elliot, Chris, and (God help me) Pickler.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx